Innocent people got banned

General Discussion
First of all I have never been banned in any game ever, and I know many of you will disagree, please feel free to express your opinion to the fullest including telling me I'm stupid =p.

I know not all stories are true but I can't believe they're all lies. I've heard on Neogaf of a guy who was told by his friend to join a game. He did and he gave him items and 38b gold. An odd situation certainly, but I don't believe he deserved to be perma banned which he was.

There were people who accidentally duped gold who were banned. I know not all dupers did it by mistake. I never duped gold but I have done the actions required to dupe gold before the patch. All you have to do is cancel a gold stack option. I never cancelled a 2b+ gold stack sure but I don't see the difference. If you ever cancelled an auction you deserve to be banned. Oh no wait you don't.

I am very disappointed in Blizzard banning innocent people. Should everyone who receives gold & items from someone be banned? Should everyone who cancels an auction be banned? I don't think so.
All I know is a lot of gear got removed from the economy, and that's all right with me.
wtf is blizzard supposed to do when they see that someone recieved 38b and items from someone duping gold? the obvious thing is to suspect that he unloaded gold onto a different account
No one innocent got banned. Get real.
:(
If you are brave enough to take 38B gold without caring why, you probably deserved to be banned.
I'm completely innocent and I've been suspended for over 3 days now. Is this how a customer should be treated?
Collateral damage! There's a war out there between the forces of good and evil. Sometimes innocent players get banned in the crossfire.
was cool seeing how much gear was removed from ah made it easy to sell for a few hours.
+1 to this. I know of two people who have been banned for no reason at all except Blizzards collateral damage. You cannot just go around banning people willy nilly without any form of evidence as to why they should be banned. The only people who should be banned are the ones that performed the duping of the gold. Its like arresting thousands of people for murder because they were in the vicinity of the crime at the time. Get real Blizzard!
You don't get banned for doing nothing. You are getting banned for trying to make billions of gold in a cheapest way and unfavorable one which is not in their design.
If someone offered me badass gear and 38 bil gold I would have to take it.
Nobody did anything wrong. It was the dev's fault for creating a simple loophole for people to exploit. The people "duping gold" were only playing within the rules the dev's created. There should have been a rollback instead of banning innocent people. Anybody who was online and knew about this would have been doing it.
05/12/2013 06:38 PMPosted by KingRabbit
Nobody did anything wrong. It was the dev's fault for creating a simple loophole for people to exploit. The people "duping gold" were only playing within the rules the dev's created. There should have been a rollback instead of banning innocent people. Anybody who was online and knew about this would have been doing it.

Not true for everyone. As soon as I knew gold was being duped, I stayed away. The problem is, I sold gems when the prices were 90m prior to finding out about the exploit, so I was already screwed anyways.

Not true for everyone. As soon as I knew gold was being duped, I stayed away. The problem is, I sold gems when the prices were 90m prior to finding out about the exploit, so I was already screwed anyways.

Exaclty same for me I never duped any gold I just sold a bunch of gems. Now im screwed with all my gear BOA and lost all money I spent on buying gems on RMAH.. thats the way blizzard treat customers and they're not giving any answers to us since investigation complete. Basically their attitude is.. we do what we want you live with it. thats it
05/12/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Moona
+1 to this. I know of two people who have been banned for no reason at all except Blizzards collateral damage. You cannot just go around banning people willy nilly without any form of evidence as to why they should be banned. The only people who should be banned are the ones that performed the duping of the gold. Its like arresting thousands of people for murder because they were in the vicinity of the crime at the time. Get real Blizzard!

LoL After 2 decads of Blizzard games I have learned they swing the ban hammer very carefully. When they froze the gold they marked the targets. I am sure there were those that by an far had never broken the rules UNTIL now. Well they tried it once an got caught. What about the hundreds of thousands that did not. If you bought gems from the rmah and made a big profit then you got hit. Especially if they did it more than once.
05/12/2013 06:38 PMPosted by KingRabbit

Oh yeah? Well, I was online when it was going on and somehow managed to contain my greed.

The blame lies 100% on the end of the players attempting to benefit from the dupe directly and indirectly.