Will ps3 version have offline play?

Console Discussion
title says it all

edit:Why was my discussion moved despite being about both versions of the game :\?
Yes.No ah and no RMAH
05/10/2013 09:09 AMPosted by WialnS
Yes.No ah and no RMAH

so the entire reason that pc is exclusively online is the auction houses? i think there's more too it because they could EASILY create a game mode that doesn't have access to those features.
Its very simple the PC community were just lab rabbits to test how it works thats it.
Online exclusivity is to prevent the game from being modded and hacked which was the biggest issue with D1/2. It has been successful at doing so.

Although I am excited to play Offline Hardcore on the PS3, be prepared for Online games to be crawling with hacks and mods. It will be relatively easy for people with the programming know-how to radically alter game files and saved characters on the console versions. Always online means that player profiles are saved to server which prevents this from happening on PC.
No forced online
No RMAH
Controller support
Reactive dodge mechanic

PC version is objectively worse :(
If you dont have internet in your house then you shouldnt be gaming anyway... This isnt 1993... Its 2013.. If you dont have internet then you clearly cant afford to game... Maybe you should have invested your $60 that you spent on D3 a little more wisely...

If you do have internet and are still crying about D3 being online then you are just a crybaby looking for something to cry about...
If you dont have internet in your house then you shouldnt be gaming anyway... This isnt 1993... Its 2013.. If you dont have internet then you clearly cant afford to game... Maybe you should have invested your $60 that you spent on D3 a little more wisely...

If you do have internet and are still crying about D3 being online then you are just a crybaby looking for something to cry about...

Get out with this trite crap. We have heard this thousands of times from DRM apologists like the recently jobless Adam Orth of EA.
05/10/2013 09:09 AMPosted by WialnS
Yes.No ah and no RMAH

so the entire reason that pc is exclusively online is the auction houses? i think there's more too it because they could EASILY create a game mode that doesn't have access to those features.
05/10/2013 09:16 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Online exclusivity is to prevent the game from being modded and hacked which was the biggest issue with D1/2. It has been successful at doing so.

d2 had the ability to play ladder which was exclusive to online and the ability to play offline so that argument is really invalid.
05/10/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Masokyst

rubberbanding, server maintenance, services disabled for multiple days.

People who don't have all day to play and come home to a 8+ hour maintenance are really disappointed.

Also it's about ethics really. If you OWN a game shouldn't you be able to choose to play it ANYTIME you feel like it?

Or, you'd like to try to turn Blizzard's art assets into a decent game, but can't because too much of the code is on Blizzard's servers. Or you're perhaps deployed overseas, with limited connectivity, or possibly a crappy sat connection, and online play isn't very viable. Or maybe you're going on a trip, and would like to kill time during the ride. Or possibly, you just despise the principle of having to have an always online game when you only play single player.

or deal with it... or find a non-online game.. or deal with it.. its not the end of the world..

If your pc is crap and cant load fast enough.. not my problem.. who care... if your over seas.. then i dont know. find an offline game.. although I know plenty of people over seas that play wow while deployed.. so I dont really think that is all that accurate..
05/10/2013 09:45 AMPosted by bobofred

People who don't have all day to play and come home to a 8+ hour maintenance are really disappointed.

Also it's about ethics really. If you OWN a game shouldn't you be able to choose to play it ANYTIME you feel like it?

Oh get off of it.
05/10/2013 09:45 AMPosted by bobofred

You dont own the game.. You dont even own the disc you bought.. You leased the right to play it.. Technically Blizzard could call you and force you to give them the disc back and to uninstall the game from your machine.. And that would be legal as you have agreed to it...
05/10/2013 09:42 AMPosted by bobofred

d2 had the ability to play ladder which was exclusive to online and the ability to play offline so that argument is really invalid.

They only introduced Ladder because the game was riddled with hacks, hence my argument is even more valid.
05/10/2013 09:56 AMPosted by DamienJohn
They only introduced Ladder because the game was riddled with hacks, hence my argument is even more valid.

Why can't they do that with d3 then? Exclusively online makes no sense
05/10/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Masokyst
You dont own the game.. You dont even own the disc you bought.. You leased the right to play it.. Technically Blizzard could call you and force you to give them the disc back and to uninstall the game from your machine.. And that would be legal as you have agreed to it...

my receipt says nothing about a lease
05/10/2013 10:21 AMPosted by bobofred

my receipt says nothing about a lease

No, it was the ToS that you agreed to the first time you played/installed the game.. It clearly stated that if you didnt agree to the terms you were entitled to a full refund within 30 days (not 100% sure on time limit)...
You own the disc but not the content on it.

Blizz sells you a license for an undetermined amount of time. However, they are in breach of some laws, as stated in their EULA and will comply with said laws upon being forced to do so.

It should also be pointed out that an EULA is not a contract under law. Hence, why it is called an agreement. In order for a contract to exist, you need a wet ink signature from both parties or a "meeting of the minds" for a verbal contract.