Rubber banding STILL very present.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 16 Next
ghostblade

View profile

i never had an issue with rubber banding before; it occurred literally once a month. but ever since the anniversary buff was activated i can only assume that more players are logged in, thus causing it. it happens now about 2-3 times for me within one run.i'm not a game/pc wiz or anything, but imo i don't think it comes from skills but more so from the server load. because when i play in pub games i don't rubber band, but instead i lag (or frame skip to be more specific especially with WD and Wiz in the game),

So ya what ghost is saying when i play with a wizard i lag more then playing w any other class when there casting all there crap
yea that wasn't my point though....

lag is different from rubber-banding. or more so frame skips are different from rubber-banding.

when it skips from all the skills everything still works, pots, skill procs to heal etc.

when it rubber-bands, i see myself killing and moving but my health just goes straight down even when i pot and when i'm dead the screen shifts back to its' previous position a few seconds earlier.
well then, wizards cause lag an rubberbanding then for the group, awsome. They need to tone down the wizards blasts, explosions, and colors bc its outta control!
Yup played a 4-man pub with a fire wizard. When the meteors drop it's like it's 2001 again playing Diablo 2 on dialup as the sorc drops a bunch of firewalls. This time it's not a connection problem though.

Playing solo as a monk I have problems with spamming cyclone strike/wave of light. After a few hits I desynch and lag badly - often causes me to use the skills more often than I want to.

Playing solo as a HC monk with only WoL I don't have this problem.

I have all the settings set to ultra low even though I should be able to play on ultra high settings no problem so the problem is likely on Blizzard's end.
The day someone could dupe gold using Rubber Banding is the day that Rubber Banding will be fixed.
For what it is worth, I NEVER had this problem on my Barb but on Monk and DH it happens all the time. I think what's happening is the collision detection (in terms of blocking objects) is turned off for Barb but it is still on with Monk and DH. Basically the behavior is as through you use TR or Strafe to get out of a group of enemies but the game makes a calculation that says "hey, you shouldn't have been able to do that because you were boxed in" and it snaps you back to where you were. I never rubberband when I'm using TR or strafe out in the open. It happens exclusively when I'm boxed in by mobs, especially elites.
Dear Blizzard,

Your users are not your QA team. Rubber-banding has been a problem since the game was released, and it's your responsibility to determine the root cause and then fix it. Stop asking players to send in videos and submit bug reports, you have people on your payroll that are supposed to be doing that. Players don't want to pitch in, we want a resolution.

That is all.

You're under no obligation to submit a report, and the issue will still continue to be looked at and worked on should you choose not to. We're by no means asking players to do the work of our QA or developments team; we are, however, just letting you know that, if you are still rubberbanding, you do have a means of letting us know (the Bug Report forum) and that we sincerely appreciate any such reports we receive.

Your missing the point, Lylirra. So much of the responsibility that blizzard should be handling, they're trying to push it off onto the paying customer. Dotdo's example here is just the tip of the iceberg.

For example, Technical Support Rules thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789557):
"When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists." Why should we bother to search for answers? We bought a product that's defective, you should be accommodating us in the way WE feel is easiest. We ask question, you answer. That's how it should work.

Bug Report Rules thread, same thing:
"Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are post. If you have a duplicate thread, I will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed." You guys should be praising the gods you have a player base contributing to this game, while paying for it. Instead, I see a threat for a thread lock and a blanket referal to another thread. Disciplinary action, why? Because players don't spend ENOUGH time writing bug reports, you want us to spend more of our time to make sure the thread isn't a duplicate? The route to helping us fix your game should be as short and simple as possible.

I won't even start on the forum report features (or should I refer to it as 'outsourced moderation'?).

There is also the in game spam reports you should be able to handle without us.

So much of the responsibility that Blizzard should be handling has instead been outsourced to the player.
1.08 = more mobs = more lag = more rubber banding
Yea, it's funny because just having come back to the game after quitting a few weeks after release, I am still experiencing similar rubber banding and INCREDIBLE lag upon entering battle for the first time after taking a waypoint to a new area. These two things have been happening since release and a year later, still nothing has changed. Very depressing turn of events.
Some people are saying that this is because so many people are playing and that is wrong. I play with my buddy and I rubber band and he doesn't. My music keeps playing, my skype connection doesn't cut out. This is purely a bug on blizz end.

I used to rubber band randomly, now it's constant after the "fix".

It happens to my barb when I'm sprinting usually. Fix it already, it's getting old. You can blather on all you want about this "fix" being good for most players, or that this is somehow on the user end. You took a problem that rarely effected me and now turned it into a game ruining experience. Good Job!

Honestly if you people haven't been able to recreate this problem yet and aren't actively working on a fix....dear god. Maybe if you were as concerned with the average player(many of us have been buying your games for years) as you were about making money, this problem would be solved already.

You're under no obligation to submit a report, and the issue will still continue to be looked at and worked on should you choose not to. We're by no means asking players to do the work of our QA or developments team; we are, however, just letting you know that, if you are still rubberbanding, you do have a means of letting us know (the Bug Report forum) and that we sincerely appreciate any such reports we receive.

I understand the lines of communication are open. Honestly, I've been playing Blizzard games for far more years than I care to admit, and I will continue to do so. Knowing that no matter how large the player-base, that I can still contribute to make your games better, really means a lot. No foolin'. But to suggest a selective start up among other things to me seems so dubious. In the end, I just want to play Diablo, not spend an evening trying to document a bug for you. Besides, I tried to play by your rules, and submit a forum post on this issue, way back in June of 2012:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5967887325#1
It was just a drop in the bucket of course, but I did try. I'm not trying to attack your use of player feedback, but that kind of contribution is best when it happens organically.

I'm not certain, but I can only find a mention of rubber-banding in the 1.0.3 patch notes. Would this kind of persistent issue be tolerated in any of your other games? For basic game-play to be affected, i.e. to use an ability and not have that command executed faithfully, doesn't live up to what I expect from a Blizzard game.

If in SC2, for example, a stalker's blink ability sometimes caused them to accidentally be moved back to their original position, how do you think forum goers would respond to the suggestion of submitting videos, or troubleshooting their network connection? Diablo players have had to put up with a lot more than just rubber-banding, but we continue to fight the good fight.
I almost never rubberband. Ever. Tempest Rush, Whirlwind, Fleeting, etc. You name it, my connection can handle it.

The majority of the time, it is the player, not Blizzard's servers.

Tell me again how this is my connection's fault?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2276688919.png
I used to get this all the time when running TR Monk. Since I switch away I haven't seen it more than a few times in the last 2 months. I know some WW barbs that have the problem, as well as tumbler DHs...definitely appears to be related to active skill-based movement speed buffs
05/20/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Kopav
My rubber banding actually got worse after the supposed fix.

This. Rubberbanding was an occasional problem for me. Now it is happening multiple times each run.
I almost never rubberband. Ever. Tempest Rush, Whirlwind, Fleeting, etc. You name it, my connection can handle it.

The majority of the time, it is the player, not Blizzard's servers.

Tell me again how this is my connection's fault?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2276688919.png

I'm at 94down, 56up, 15ping. Never rubber banded.
Rubberbanding (especially as it relates to movement-based abilities like Whirlwind, Strafe, and Tempest Rush) is an issue that may not always come with a quick-fix. The source of the problem is not always easy to identify, and sometimes it may not always be the same thing for every player. As a result, there will be times where we implement potential fixes which we know will work for some players, but don't know if it'll work for all plays. In other cases, we'll make improvements -- i.e. changes that probably won't stop rubberbanding from happening completely, but should at least help reduce the frequency with which rubberbanding occurs. This was the case for 1.0.8a and with previous hotfixes we've made throughout the year. Again, we know these fixes may not resolve the issue for every player, but they should help reduce the occurrences of rubberbanding, and lessen the effects should rubberbanding occur for most players.

Now the important thing is that we're still working on these issues -- just because we implemented some changes that we hope will make the situation better doesn't mean we've called it day. So, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, here are a few things you can do.

First, you can try performing the following troubleshooting steps to ensure that external causes are not adding to this issue (this isn't required, but recommended):

1. Ensure that your [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/optimising-your-internet-connection-windows"]network connection is optimized[/url].
    2. Make sure that no other program is interfering with the game by running in a [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications"]Selective Startup[/url].
    3. Check for [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates"]updates to any drivers[/url].

If those steps don't help -- or if you've chosen to skip them -- please let us know so we can continue looking into this issue by posting in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] (and be sure to check out this guide on reporting: [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662[/url]). That's really the best location for those types of reports, as it'll allow our QA representatives to document them and forward them on to our development team for additional review.

(We want your experience in the Diablo III to be as fun as possible, so working on these issues is important to us. That also means we're extremely grateful for any reports receive that can help us troubleshoot -- so thank you to everyone who's already posted!)

The problem is VERY easy to identify. The. Servers. Are. Terrible. They are slow, constantly crashing, and annoying. For the 1,000,000th time - make a separate offline mode with no Auction House. I will GLADLY give up the ability to buy amazing gear if I could actually play the game without it being rudely interrupted by something I have no control over.
I barely ever rubberband. It might happen once every couple of weeks. I also have never had any of the lag issues that everyone complains about all the time. I also have to run the game on it's lowest settings for it to run smooth. Try lowering your graphic settings if you are having problems. Not saying that should be the answer, but it might help.
05/20/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Kopav
My rubber banding actually got worse after the supposed fix.

Same here, on two different machines.