Almost as bad as being banned...

Wizard
05/10/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Excalibur
That sucks if you really didn't exploit.

No, I did exploit. Once. And sent them an email admitting to it. Making my items BOA sucks. Banning me from the RMAH is worse. I'm happy I'll be able to play again. But removing an item that I legitimately purchased for $250 two days before the patch went live, will make me rage.

I won't know the truth until I can actually log in, so until then I'll assume this isn't happening.

But if it is true....
Visa Charge back I am waiting to see what happens but looking at that route if they straight up try to rip me off.
No, I did exploit. Once. And sent them an email admitting to it. Making my items BOA sucks. Banning me from the RMAH is worse. I'm happy I'll be able to play again. But removing an item that I legitimately purchased for $250 two days before the patch went live, will make me rage.I won't know the truth until I can actually log in, so until then I'll assume this isn't happening.But if it is true....

For what it's worth, when I look at your profile right now, I see your Mara's. 6/10/93 with 4%ET right?

-dolynick
Forum profile shows what gear I should have. But if you view my profile in game, it's showing my old ammy.
Booby are you able to log in yet?
05/10/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Booby
That sucks if you really didn't exploit.

No, I did exploit. Once. And sent them an email admitting to it. Making my items BOA sucks. Banning me from the RMAH is worse. I'm happy I'll be able to play again. But removing an item that I legitimately purchased for $250 two days before the patch went live, will make me rage.

I won't know the truth until I can actually log in, so until then I'll assume this isn't happening.

But if it is true....

Ah I see what you mean. It was a bad move to test it out, but I guess since you sent out an email stating the issue. Here's a suggestion: send in a ticket after you get the rollback explaining that you already sent in an email that you tested the bug just to reproduce so you could tell them about it, and that you had no intention of using the exploit to harm the economy.

I dunno if you tried it yet, but it's worth a try.
booby prepare - most likely your ammy is history, I konly know one person rolled back and it was 21 days prior. Lost his RMAH litany and other account activity during the interim.
05/10/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Aimless
booby prepare - most likely your ammy is history, I konly know one person rolled back and it was 21 days prior. Lost his RMAH litany and other account activity during the interim.

The idea that they wouldn't have a restore point immediately prior to a patch is mind-boggling to me.
Still unable to log i take it
Yup
In game, Booby u have ur old CD amulet (not the trifecta Mara's). You should take a screen shot before you login of your gear and see about Blizzard doing something. Cuz that would be epic lameness for you to spend so much real world money only for you to lose that mara trifecta. :(
:(
Perhaps they didn't do a server wide rollback because they don't bother with taking snapshots everyday, just once per month or something like that?
05/10/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Booby

The idea that they wouldn't have a restore point immediately prior to a patch is mind-boggling to me.

It's mind-boggling until you account for positive outcomes on their end for not rolling back.

For instance:
- the frenzy of AH purchases probably made them a pretty penny
- reversing chained AH purchases was probably difficult (i.e., one item swaps to one guy for real money, then gets sold to another guy for more money)
- longer hours to work for completing the rollback (not likely, but an idea -- auditing seems like more work if it's intended to be accurate)
- technical problems with rolling back (again, not likely)
I don't see the problem here. You did bad things, so bad things happened to you. Should have had an authenticator and been more careful so you wouldn't have gotten hacked, and shouldn't have duped gold. Sucks you can't use the RMAH and your items are BoA, but that's how it is. Deal with it.

I don't have any problems with my account since I didn't do dumb things on it. Don't do dumb things and you won't have to deal with stuff you don't like. Pretty simple. What you basically did was kick some guy's !@# for no reason, bring him to the hospital, turn yourself in to the police, and tell them they should let you go because you could have killed him but you didn't.

You're lucky you got anything back at all.
You dont really purchase anything. Blizz owns it and lets you rent/transfer/use it at their leisure. Maybe that will make you feel better. Its like you rented a car trashed it did figure 8's in the parking lot and Hertz wont let you rent no more,
I don't see the problem here. You did bad things, so bad things happened to you. Should have had an authenticator and been more careful so you wouldn't have gotten hacked, and shouldn't have duped gold. Sucks you can't use the RMAH and your items are BoA, but that's how it is. Deal with it.

I don't have any problems with my account since I didn't do dumb things on it. Don't do dumb things and you won't have to deal with stuff you don't like. Pretty simple. What you basically did was kick some guy's !@# for no reason, bring him to the hospital, turn yourself in to the police, and tell them they should let you go because you could have killed him but you didn't.

You're lucky you got anything back at all.

I entirely agree with that !! Booby broke the law, so he should be punished accordingly for his actions. I don't feel bad for you Booby or any of the dupers that got caught in this saga. The same policy should be applied to the 400 ish other peoples that used the dupe according to Blizzard.

Basically what you did in the Diablo 3 world is the equivalent of a Huge Financial Fraud crimes in the real world, aka Bernard Madoff and friends...

Overall, you should be happy that you can still play the game.
05/11/2013 01:57 AMPosted by EmperorMao

05/11/2013 02:28 AMPosted by Heroscaper
I entirely agree with that !! Booby broke the law, so he should be punished accordingly for his actions. I don't feel bad for you Booby or any of the dupers that got caught in this saga. The same policy should be applied to the 400 ish other peoples that used the dupe according to Blizzard.

I am one of the forum posters that was all for the ban hammer falling accurately and hard after this dupe. But I have read this entire thread and am dismayed by the attitude of some of the posters. It seems that Booby did dupe, even though not frequently, and he did report it to Blizz in an email, admitting his guilt. BOA is a fair punishment in his case. But people where's your humanity. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially someone who is penitant about his actions.

Booby I am sorry if your loose your ammy, and I for one don't think it is just or deserved. You didn't buy it with the proceeds of duped gold. It was a legit purchase (and an expensive one) prior to patch 1.0.8.

Like the song says guys: Think of your fellow man Lend him a helping hand Put a little love in your heart.

Septimus
No one "deserves" a second chance. People don't "deserve" anything. That is called entitlement and is a load of BS.

You reap what you sow.
No one "deserves" a second chance. People don't "deserve" anything. That is called entitlement and is a load of BS.

You reap what you sow.

Well, I think well have to agree to disagree on the second chance bit. I personally believe that everyone deserves a second chance and if they don't take it, then the sky should fall on them.

Regarding the reaping what you sow, I agree with you. You do reap what you sow. So many times in my 65 years, I have found that if I give love and support to someone, it comes back to me. I love this game, and I often help newcomers out with items and gold. What goes around comes around.