Diablo III for Xbox

Console Discussion
Seriously, make it happen. How is it fair PS3 players get a version of this game, but Xbox players don't? I play on the PC, but I would much rather have a console version. Not fair to those who play Xbox.
I would much rather have a PC version that wasn't designed with console concepts. But we have what we have.
It's has a lot to do with the company that owns the console and how easy it is to port a pc game to the console. Valve has made several statements that sony plays nicer than microsoft. I assume it's the same with diablo.
Xbox will red ring long before you reach paragon 100.
05/19/2013 06:57 PMPosted by babinro

Been using the same Xbox for 4 years, hasn't red ringed on me once.
05/19/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Revculter

tell that one at a party
05/19/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Slantize

tell that one at a party

The point of this was..?
When has life ever been fair?
Xbox has been the top console the last 3 years running even with the release of the WiiU. I can't see them passing up the #1 console platform. I don't care how much prettier it looks on a PS3/4. I have both 360 and PS3 and have played some of the same games on both and have noticed very little difference. Yes, the PS3 has better hardware but, very few games take advantage of that hardware except for a few exclusive titles.
I very rarely play console games (don't even own one), but my impression of PS3 is that it has more RPGs than XBox, and attracts that type of gamer more than XBox. So it seems kind of fitting for Diablo III. Your target audience would be someone that plays RPGs right?

I really have trouble imagining Diablo games on a console. It just doesn't seem like it would play well with a game controller. It is beyond my imagination anyway ...
I very rarely play console games (don't even own one), but my impression of PS3 is that it has more RPGs than XBox, and attracts that type of gamer more than XBox. So it seems kind of fitting for Diablo III. Your target audience would be someone that plays RPGs right?

I really have trouble imagining Diablo games on a console. It just doesn't seem like it would play well with a game controller. It is beyond my imagination anyway ...

Not really. The PS3 has slightly more turn-based JRPGs... but for all intents and purposes, the number of RPGs on both consoles is comparable.

I'm guessing the decision has more to do with the policies regarding updates than anything. Sony places no restrictions on developers as far as how many times they're allowed to annually update their games, nor which/how much content can be released for free.

Microsoft, on the other hand, generally only allows one major patch per quarter, and usually forces developers to charge for releasing DLC. This is why Valve never released updates for Team Fortress 2, or added more content... they threw a temper tantrum because Microsoft told them they couldn't do whatever they want.

So while I don't know the exact reasons as to why there is no Xbox 360 version of Diablo 3 in the works... one could assume any number of the above reasons are a factor.
05/19/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Prime
xbox sucks bro
Better than PS anything

05/19/2013 06:57 PMPosted by babinro
Havent had that problem at all
If they have an Xbox version, they would be waiting for the Xbox Infinity / 720 reveal to occur before announcing it. May 21 is the date.

After all, D3 for PS3 and 4 were announced soon after the Sony revealed their new toy.
05/19/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Revculter
How is it fair

its not. like most things.
05/19/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Revculter
Seriously, make it happen. How is it fair PS3 players get a version of this game, but Xbox players don't? I play on the PC, but I would much rather have a console version. Not fair to those who play Xbox.

Fair? Are people born with either or? It is a product that one can play either on a PC or on the PlayStation. If you wish to play it, PC is the superior option. If you wish to play it offline, get a PlayStation and buy it.
05/19/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Mbwun

Fair? Are people born with either or? It is a product that one can play either on a PC or on the PlayStation. If you wish to play it, PC is the superior option. If you wish to play it offline, get a PlayStation and buy it.

So, in order to play the offline version, which EVERYONE should have had upon RELEASE, I need to spend about $210 to buy the PS3 and another copy of D3? Um, ok. If they're going to release a version of D3 that we've been asking for this past year ONLY to PS3 players, then they should send me a PS3.

05/19/2013 07:56 PMPosted by familia
Sorry, bro. Playstation exclusive.

Why should it be? Why should THEY be the ONLY ones to get offline mode, which 95% of D3's community has wanted since last year?