cheapest computer to run diablo?

General Discussion
I run hc d3 on a low lvl 2011 mcbook (intel hd 3000 says it all). I run everything on low settings and seems to run smooth.
So some times places such as NCI .......X. Sells a whole computer for less than 450. My buddy bough a amd 4 core, 4 gig ram, 250gig hdd and a reasonable moba for 400 on a sale there. They even kicked in with a decent fan to replace the factory fan and a mouse. New egg usually has some solid daily deals too. :l
A used ps3 on craigslist... Prob the cheapest thing that can run diablo3 without much of a problem.
Just got to wait :3
05/12/2013 07:05 PMPosted by danitefox

Can you give us some details? I bought my computer specifically to be able to play D3, and I've never had my problems with FPS during battles. I forget the exact stats because I'm out of town at the moment, but I recall it has a mid-to-high end video card from 2011 and an i7 processor.

My laptop on the other hand, is the cheapest computer I could find with a video card. It runs D3 "fine" but is choppy much of the time.

@OP: Bliz has a list of video cards they have tested it with that it works on. Probably it will run on any computer with one of those cards. I also have friends that ran it on lousy systems. It still runs, the quality of gameplay just goes down.

I have an i7, gtx 670, 8 gigs of ram and I drop to 30 fps in big fights. now with the increased density it's basically like that all the time. happens to everyone I know that has a great computer. they always drop to 30 fps or so. On my old computer that wasn't TOO Terrible, I would drop to 7 fps @ stonefort.

I know the streamer Modz has an absurd computer and I asked him to show his fps when he was in a 4 man group and he was at like 40 fps.

I had that problem too with my new GTX TITAN. Found a way to fix the combat lag issue. Go into Users/(your username)/Documents/Diablo III and delete the D3Prefs.txt file. I know it sounds like it will !@#$ your game up but all it does is reset your settings back to default. All you have to do from there is change your settings back to max or whatever you're playing on.
Well let's see...probably around $250-300 if you were logically going to buy all the parts, and build it, including the keyboard/mouse/monitor/headset or speakers. Otherwise, you could probably pick up a used PC from a flea market that could run it for like $100.
To add to the thread, here's the listing of the minimum system requirements for DIII. Hope this helps!
05/12/2013 12:53 PMPosted by danitefox
i have an insane computer and still get bad fps in big fights. the game is just broken. i get about 500 fps in other games, but once you start playing with a CM wiz and a monk, Computer Dead.

I have a pretty high end computer and have the same results.. I am a CM wiz... When we get a bunch of mobs on screen it goes lag crazy... That is just a lot of info.. Has to be on their side.. Like I said, I have a high end pc and I also have 30meg net... Should be way more than good...
05/12/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Goodbrew
although I have nothing good to say about pre assembled "boxed" computers

they are way cheaper, at least here in Canada, than build it yourself parts. Its a trade off between money and quality/customization.

Indeed. I spent $800 on my desktop and for what I got if I were to build my own I'd be looking at 1000+

05/12/2013 12:53 PMPosted by danitefox
i have an insane computer and still get bad fps in big fights. the game is just broken. i get about 500 fps in other games, but once you start playing with a CM wiz and a monk, Computer Dead.

My laptop is decent and runs D3 no probelm with a CM wiz. My desktop is nothing special either, 2TB HD, Intel core i5 processor, 1gb Radeon graphics card, and 8GB RAM.

No lag at all 95% of the time.