mirror mimics 2% damage? (video)

Wizard
So I've been messing around with unconventional builds, and it seems like mirror mimics does way less than 10% damage. It seems like it does more like 1 or 2%. 150k crits turn into 2k crits. 50k damage turns into 1k damage.

Anyone know what's up with the math on this rune?
Here's a short video (sorry for low quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwLJDlVGqDs

The math here seems completely broken. 1k and 2k hits from mirrors, maximum.

Even if +critical hit damage isn't affecting things, it still shouldn't be 1k, 10% of my base damage is higher than that.
Enemies might have flat damage reduction.
What does that mean, that a static amount is subtracted from all damage? I've never heard of such a thing.
Tried it again with just a normal weapon (wand) attack with a really crappy wand and no source. Was doing 300-1000 damage to a zombie with normal attacks. Mirrors were doing 7-10 damage. That's like 3% of my minimum damage and less than 1% of my average damage.

Can anyone produce an example of the mirrors doing anywhere near 10% damage? Because I can't.
Looks like they don't benefit from crit damage either, like the DH's companion skill.
I did a quick test with a constant damage spell. My piercing orb does 1175 damage with the setup. Mimics do 109. My crits do over 4k, mimic crits did 163. That means mimics only use 50% CD like hydra. They also do less than 10% of your normal damage.
Battlemat, I couldn't produce Mirror Mimics that could do 10%. Not even.

Biggest crit -- if one could even call it that -- was 8332. Very low non-crit damage as well. We should submit bug reports.

Slowed video to half speed:

http://youtu.be/bB7pBGe2pv4
Oof, when I tried them out way long ago, I thought I was just seeing things and gave up on it.

Looks like they are doing way less than they should be (unless we're all missing something here).

@jen, I like how Leah is dishing out almost as much damage as the mimics without crits.
Umh... My mimics do exactly 10%.

Skill: My dmg -> Mimics dmg

Arcane Orb: 841 -> 84
Shock Pulse: 631 -> 63
Wand Attack: 421 -> 42
Magic Missile: 526 -> 53

Crit may be caped at 50%, but base damage seems alright.
Umh... My mimics do exactly 10%.

Skill: My dmg -> Mimics dmg

Arcane Orb: 841 -> 84
Shock Pulse: 631 -> 63
Wand Attack: 421 -> 42
Magic Missile: 526 -> 53

Crit may be caped at 50%, but base damage seems alright.

Odd, mine only did like 9.3% of my damage. Piercing orb, 1175 vs 103. It looks like they use at least some of our buffs because I noticed their damage decreases when I remove GC, but I didn't buff myself with sparkflint or MW to see that.
Just to be sure, a few additional values with different weapons and Piercing Orb:
My damage 3110, their damage 311
Or 1046 -> 105
Or 606 -> 61

So... What's the difference between your build and mine?
I got a weapon, some int and a +min dmg amulet. No buffs, no crit.
Ha. Got it. They don't benefit from +%elemental dmg.
I had sparkflint, MW, EA pinpoint, P-orb, Archon, MI.
Passives were GC, CM, CB.

I dismissed my follower, equipped a staff of herding with +31 min damage courtesy of my ammy, and removed both my rings so all my orb hits did the same damage. I didn't buff MW or sparkflint and I tried both with and without GC. In both cases the damage from my minions was not 10% of my damage.

06/02/2013 01:50 PMPosted by apo
Ha. Got it. They don't benefit from +%elemental dmg.

That explains it. I only had zuni boots on and 1175/1.08 = 1088 vs 109 from mimics. Good catch.
See above. You kept your Zuni boots on, right?
I have a stormcrow for +elemental, but here's another video without the stormcrow, with a crappy wand (to make things easier to see), and with base weapon attack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CiHwAPux8

I'm pretty sure I don't have any +elemental in this video.

Edit: oh wait I have a SoJ. But that's only like +6%. it still seems like I should be seeing values higher than 7 and 10 (weirdly, the ONLY two values I see) on the mirrors.
OK, so they do 10%, but they are not with mine, so it's very misleading in the tooltip to say 10% when it doesn't include buffs, glass cannon, etc. etc. And crit damage cap, etc. Yes, I do have an issue with tooltip information. So many of them are poorly explained and written.
It's really impossible to tell for sure what's going on because your damage still has a huge random component. It also might be the chest adding some damage to your attack but not the mimics. What we did was remove the RNG component by using a low damage wand with some +min damage gear (no +max damage). That makes every attack deal the same damage. That makes it a lot easier to compare.

Still, you're doing from 90-300 per attack and your mimics are doing like 7, so it seems a little off.
06/02/2013 02:15 PMPosted by jenpeezey
OK, so they do 10%, but they are not with mine, so it's very misleading in the tooltip to say 10% when it doesn't include buffs, glass cannon, etc. etc. And crit damage cap, etc. Yes, I do have an issue with tooltip information. So many of them are poorly explained and written.

I think it still includes buffs like GC. I had GC and it gave them extra damage.

It is misleading since it doesn't include CD or elemental damage like zuni+triumvirate. That makes the damage pretty pitiful since a lot of sheet dps comes from those stats.
Ok, that sounds true. I guess I can accept that this skill does "10%" damage in scare quotes, where every significant damage multiplier is removed to make it more like 1% in actual practice.

Thanks, Blizzard.