A reason to fight act bosses

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Would be awesome, I can't remember the last time I took the time to fight one. I understand the reasoning for focusing players away from just doing boss runs all the time, but there should still be at least some incentive to do so. They're supposed to be the hardest events in the game, they should yield better reward. I kind of feel the same about side quests too, they are fun to do but not very rewarding IMO. Thoughts on how these in game events could be improved upon?
+1 inferno Mp 10 should have Added difficulty and better rewards for players who want a challenge.
i do it for the challenge soemtimes...heh heh...challenge
Why wouldn't you do them? If you've got full NV stacks you're guaranteed a drop. Even if you weren't, if you've cleared the act up to that point, why wouldn't you finish it out? I don't get it.
We agree with you that killing bosses could use a little more incentive, and it’s something we hope to address sometime in the future. Travis Day mentions (in this post) that in a perfect world players will ask themselves “What do I feel like doing tonight?” when they sit down to play Diablo III, and boss runs are one of those options we’d like them to consider. He also mentions this idea in this Developer Journal, under the "Farm Monsters, Not the Auction House" section.
Maybe buffed droprate for bosses if you start with MP from the very first quest ?
Bosses should have a higher chance to drop legendary's then other mobs, after all they are lords of hell. There's no real need to make all things balanced considering people are killing regular mobs and elites over and over anyway getting to paragon 100.
Travis Day mentions (in this post) that in a perfect world players will ask themselves “What do I feel like doing tonight?” when they sit down to play Diablo III, and boss runs are one of those options we’d like them to consider.

Sadly, I don't think this perfect world can ever be attained, at least for a large portion of the playerbase. There will always be people figuring out the optimal path to the goal, and then that option will dominate. Personally, I don't think there is a solution to it.
make it so stacks do not effect boss drops. one of the problems in this game is people can't just waste 5 mins and have it be worth your time. you must get stacks, then the longer you spend killing with these stacks the better odds of something dropping. so it forces you to sit for long periods to play. this is great at times,sometimes you don't have that kinda time to commit to the game. so remove the stacks from affecting boss drops. make it work on just your personal mf or make them not effected by it at all by mf. then jump the drop rates up alot to counter the stacks, but also make browns /greens more likely from a boss. it makes bosses worth doing and it fixes a problem created by the stacks all in 1
05/31/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Grimiku
We agree with you that killing bosses could use a little more incentive, and it’s something we hope to address sometime in the future. Travis Day mentions (in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]post[/url]) that in a perfect world players will ask themselves “What do I feel like doing tonight?” when they sit down to play Diablo III, and boss runs are one of those options we’d like them to consider. He also mentions this idea in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]Developer Journal[/url], under the "Farm Monsters, Not the Auction House" section.

@Grimiku That would be nice. :)

If I only farm bosses, then no "extra" stuff should drop. But, if I farm the entire Act from beginning to end it would be nice to have some "extra" drops on the Boss. I did the work, now for the reward. I like doing the Boss's so frequently do them anyway, but it would be nice to get just a little more if I have indeed completed the entire Act from beginning to end.

Not sure how much of a programming nightmare for tracking that would be though. lol
I think there should be running bonuses for bosses.

IE:

Kill the Butcher, you get the base Boss Bonus, but you also get an increased bonus for carrying on into Act II and defeating Belial (higher drop % on Legendary, or whatever the bonus may be).

Ending at Diablo, in which you'd have a guaranteed Leg drop, or something along those lines for completing DIII Act 1 - 4 in one sitting.

Outside of generic % chance to drop a Legendary, you could incentivize players with giving us potential sockets, or enchantments to items (be they white, blue, or even Legendary), with Diablo giving a guaranteed socket, or a chance to give multiple bonuses.
05/31/2013 01:45 PMPosted by CMX
Ending at Diablo, in which you'd have a guaranteed Leg drop, or something along those lines for completing DIII Act 1 - 4 in one sitting.

I don't think incentivizing people to play the entire game through in one sitting is smart - it's just asking for bad publicity as people start feeling compelled to sink 8 hours straight into a game to get that little edge.
05/31/2013 01:38 PMPosted by LilyBelle
Not sure how much of a programming nightmare for tracking that would be though. lol

Did you kill SK/Maghda/Ghom/Rakanoth? Boom, extra loot for Butcher/Belial/Azmodan/Diablo. Would be interesting.
it’s something we hope to address sometime in the future.
The future is a wonderful place.
We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III, and one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting. We’d like to share a few of our goals for end game:

- We have an enormous number of skill build combinations, and we want a lot of those skill builds to be viable and interesting
- While there are millions of skill builds available to players, we don’t want players swapping skills regularly to beat specific encounters as they come up
- We don’t want repeatedly running specific three-minute chunks of the game to be the most efficient way to acquire gear for your character
- While a three-minute run shouldn’t be the most efficient, we also don’t want you to feel like it’s a two-hour commitment every time you sit down to play
- Bosses should still feel worth killing

Nephalem Valor is one of the major new systems in Diablo III and it kicks in at level 60. Keep in mind that this is still in testing and we’re still working out the details. Here’s how it currently works internally: Rare and Champion packs already have great loot on them. By killing a Rare or Champion pack, not only do you get their loot, but you’ll also receive a buff granting you increased magic find and gold find. However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears. As an extra reward, if you kill a boss while this buff is active, you’ll receive extra loot drops from that boss.

The exact amount of magic find and gold find provided by the buff is still being reviewed, as is the amount of extra loot you get from a boss while the buff is active. We’re also playing around with whether or not the buff stacks, what the duration should be, and whether or not it should persist through death. We want to make sure the buff is strong enough to make staying in your current game more rewarding than creating a new game. At the same time, if the buff is too strong, it risks making shorter play sessions feel not worthwhile.

We expect this system will encourage players to stick with a skill build of their choice, select an area of the game they enjoy, and sweep it for rare and champion packs on their way to a boss, finishing off a run with a boss that’ll be worth killing. If you wanted a shorter play session you could be done at that point, but if you have more time, the path of least resistance would ideally be to stay in the same game and make your way towards the next boss.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476
Somethink went wrong. So wrong.
05/30/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Joshicus87
Would be awesome, I can't remember the last time I took the time to fight one. I understand the reasoning for focusing players away from just doing boss runs all the time, but there should still be at least some incentive to do so. They're supposed to be the hardest events in the game, they should yield better reward. I kind of feel the same about side quests too, they are fun to do but not very rewarding IMO. Thoughts on how these in game events could be improved upon?

In addition, Belial should have at least 3 legendary drops permanently when killed solo in MP 10. Do you know how hard it is to kill him in MP 10 all by yourself?
Killing a boss will have 5% chance of dropping a token that can redeem to $1 battle.net bux.

How's that? :P
In addition, Belial should have at least 3 legendary drops permanently when killed solo in MP 10. Do you know how hard it is to kill him in MP 10 all by yourself?

It's not that hard... if you get yourself a shield.
We agree with you that killing bosses could use a little more incentive, and it’s something we hope to address sometime in the future. Travis Day mentions (in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]post[/url]) that in a perfect world players will ask themselves “What do I feel like doing tonight?” when they sit down to play Diablo III, and boss runs are one of those options we’d like them to consider. He also mentions this idea in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]Developer Journal[/url], under the "Farm Monsters, Not the Auction House" section.

Address it now, & address itemization now. No more "in the future".