Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next

Just an example of more bad game design for a diablo game.

I agree with this 100%

So you do agree it's a fault on the game design and not player's being 'noobs'? -_-
06/08/2013 06:42 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
The other guys, are playing in public games, so they obviously don't care that much about the lives of their characters.

'Scuse me, but what?! Playing public games shouldn't be any more or less hazardous to your hero than playing single player. The fact that it is is not because of the game or because of carelessness of the user but because human beings have a tenancy to want to ruin things for other human beings. Owning a car doesn't mean you don't care if you lose the rims just because rims are possible to steal.

Seriously, what are you, ten?!
D3 is boring, only fun thing to do is PK. Don't go AKF in town...

I agree with this 100%

So you do agree it's a fault on the game design and not player's being 'noobs'? -_-

No. I agree it's the fault of bad game design, but it's also the fault of the player being dumb enough to trust that he won't get ganked in a Public Game.

It's not like people haven't been talking about this for a while now. It's a known risk. It's on Youtube, there are videos of this all over the place, there's been many many forums posts about it. Blizzard obviously doesn't care or they would have fixed it by now.

My point is once it happens to you, you learn not to trust people with the tings you treasure the most. In this case, the life of your character. Then you start to only Play HC with your friends and people you trust. It's common sense to think there is a very real possibility of being grieved in a Video game. Especially Diablo, and even more so in a mode where death is permanent.

So if you still want to risk playing public games, then simply create a game and after you join, open it up to the public. Then you won't get grieved on entering the game. But nothing is 100%. When you play Hardcore it isn't for the faint of heart. It's for people who either don't care and death doesn't bother them, or for people, who play extremely diligently, and don't do dumb things like Play HC in Public games.
06/08/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Playing public games shouldn't be any more or less hazardous to your hero than playing single player.
So your whole point is "mean people suck"? Yes we know that thank you.
06/08/2013 07:02 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
Playing public games shouldn't be any more or less hazardous to your hero than playing single player.
So your whole point is "mean people suck"?

Ten it is.
Btw this doesn't have to happen in a pub game chaos, which is where I think you're misunderstanding.

I could just lure all the mobs to town and priv invite you/someone on my recent players list and next thing you know, you/they drop dead even before the loading screen is done...same thing right?

Clear as crystal exploit. basically, if you click the accept the party invite without thinking twice (and people will do this), you're dead without any way to defend yourself, unlike a situation where you can activate your defensive skills and tp to someones banner.
I could just lure all the mobs to town and priv invite you/someone on my recent players list and next thing you know, they drop dead even before the loading screen is done...same thing right?
We'll sure. But how often to you accept random game requests from total strangers? Again, it's about common sense and not doing stupid things with cherished characters.

There used to be an unsaid rule in HC in D2 it was don't play when you are tired. The logic basically applies to more then sleep. Pay attention in HC and don't do stupid things, and if you are lucky you will last a long time before you die. And furthermore, Level 98 paragon is a pretty good run of staying alive (OP). I'd be proud of that and move on.
Btw this doesn't have to happen in a pub game chaos, which is where I think you're misunderstanding.

I could just lure all the mobs to town and priv invite you/someone on my recent players list and next thing you know, you/they drop dead even before the loading screen is done...same thing right?

Clear as crystal exploit. basically, if you click the accept the party invite without thinking twice (and people will do this), you're dead.

Yet those trolls will still defend them or make up some excuses. =/

06/08/2013 07:13 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
I could just lure all the mobs to town and priv invite you/someone on my recent players list and next thing you know, they drop dead even before the loading screen is done...same thing right?
We'll sure. But how often to you accept random game requests from total strangers? Again, it's about common sense and not doing stupid things with cherished characters.

The point is, people are abusing the game to get others killed. Invite-PK is like the new TPPK. Monsters shouldn't be allowed in town. Monsters shouldn't stay near entrances either.

I always create my own game and make it public, but if everyone does like me, public game are going to be worse than D2 HC games.
This is just as bad as the helpless vote kick pk a few months ago, but whatever I'm done arguing here.
06/08/2013 07:13 PMPosted by DoomBringer
The point is, people are abusing the game to get others killed.

People are letting themselves be abused and dying because of it. You can 100% completely avoid being PK'd ever, regardless of what exploit or trick someone comes up with. You know how? If you can't trust your friends then play solo.

06/08/2013 07:13 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Monsters shouldn't be allowed in town. Monsters shouldn't stay near entrances either.
You are right about that, but they do. And we have known about it for a long time. Blizzard hasn't fixed it. So be smart and avoid the problem.
06/08/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Neo
This is just as bad as the helpless vote kick pk a few months ago, but whatever I'm done arguing here.

Yeah, the apologists are taking over.
Soldiers and NPCs in town should kill mobs.
06/08/2013 07:20 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
People are letting themselves be abused and dying because of it.

Just get off that horse, it's too high for you. Point out one single player who 'let' this happen to them. Act... actually, don't, I'm going to put you on ignore. It's best that way.
06/08/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Vresiberba
People are letting themselves be abused and dying because of it.

Just get off that horse, it's too high for you. Point out one single player who 'let' this happen to them. .
Anyone who died in a Public game because of this.
06/08/2013 07:29 PMPosted by GoodStranger
^ This. +1
It is scary just how evil some people are
I think some of you were abused children...that's all...carry on:)
06/08/2013 07:29 PMPosted by GoodStranger

Actually, they try. Back in pre-nerf Inferno, I have once, unintentionally, dragged monsters in town. To be honest, I kited them into town. I was a bit shocked to realize that.

I didn't make a report because I didn't think people would use it to PK people... and I also made other reports that were never fixed, so I never bother reporting anything.

People are letting themselves be abused and dying because of it. You can 100% completely avoid being PK'd ever, regardless of what exploit or trick someone comes up with. You know how? If you can't trust your friends then play solo.

I doubt people are "willingly" letting others abuse them. For all I know, I could have befriended one of those backstabbers. You know, sometimes people are being "nice" and you add each other to play again. I never accept invite in HC because I'm being careful because of D2 (I died maybe once or twice to PK in HC in D2... in like, almost a decade). Some people "befriend" you to back-stab you.

It's time that Blizzard takes action against those PKers. So far, we had this...:
-Whymshire PK at portal (can be prevented easily)
-Barb gearing with mass life regen surrounded by monsters (softly fixed with combat alert)
-Vote PK
-Dragging monsters from Weeping Hallow (Fixed) (Public game PK)
-Dragging monsters from the Old Road (yet to be fixed) (Public game PK)
-Invite PK
-Start "leaving the game" just before the boss fight and leave "the other lone player" hanging.
-Moonseed PK
-Act 2 KW PK or those "Spinner monsters" PK
-I'm sure I missed a few others.

People will always find way to PK others. Perhaps it's time to take action against it when someone is deliberately trying to create a genocide. Emphasis on genocide.

You are right about that, but they do. And we have known about it for a long time. Blizzard hasn't fixed it. So be smart and avoid the problem.

I create my own game. I'm still not 100% safe. I like playing with others in case my connection crash (rare) or if something else make me drop from the game.
I'm impressed that he got to Para 98 HC and not die due to lag or disconnect.