So Marvel Heros is looking like a flop

Games & Technology
I'm having fun so far. I haven't come across any "that's a stupid design choice" moments except for having all the good characters being locked behind a pay wall, which is really a business decision. Also, the Penny Arcade strip link I posted earlier is pretty accurate in that there are dozens of the free characters running around and not many of the other Marvel roster that you have to pay for. It does make the occasional Thor or Captain America a bit more noticeable.

It does make me nostalgic for how awesome City of Heroes was, and how it's a shame that it's gone. Cryptic's decision to have you create your own superhero from scratch was a good one. Marvel Heroes decision to allow teams entirely composed of The Thing is not.
u can always try DC universe online its free now
06/07/2013 04:33 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
If by a flop you mean better than every other ARPG available atm then yes, it's the worst game ever made. That's still including all the QOL things it lacks, and performance issues it suffers from this early after release too.

It's not an ARPG, though. It's an MMO, a different animal altogether.

Though I admit it's better than I thought it would be after a rather dismal open beta weekend.
Also, the Penny Arcade strip link I posted earlier is pretty accurate in that there are dozens of the free characters running around and not many of the other Marvel roster that you have to pay for.

That's mostly because us pack owners are already doing dailies with our non starters :p

It's not an ARPG, though. It's an MMO, a different animal altogether.

Though I admit it's better than I thought it would be after a rather dismal open beta weekend.

They themselves have proclaimed it's an mmoArpg. It's an ARPG first with MMO elements second. So yeah, classifying it mostly as an ARPG isn't technically that farfetched.
06/08/2013 06:22 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
That's mostly because us pack owners are already doing dailies with our non starters :p

I would hope so. I'm approaching the game from its Free to Play proposition, which seems to have a worse drop rate on characters than D3 does on worthwhile Legendaries.

I'm not seeing much longevity out of this game except from people who paid up-front for the various packs. Otherwise it's a slow torture by nickle and diming.

Side note: I'm much happier launching the game now that I have installed it through Steam. The regular launcher started wanting to download the game every time I played. Steam doesn't do that.
Idk. We have at least 3 people on daily who didn't invest anything either, and they all seem to be having just as much fun as those of us who had early access.
06/08/2013 08:49 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
Idk. We have at least 3 people on daily who didn't invest anything either, and they all seem to be having just as much fun as those of us who had early access.

I'm having fun too, it's just hard to figure out which Hawkeye I am of the four Hawkeyes in a teaming mission when the action gets fast. I suppose that's intentional to drive you to the store to buy a unique look.
it has the rng, itemization and crafting that diablo 3 should have had (hopefully this will be fixed by the itemization patch)
I'm having fun too, it's just hard to figure out which Hawkeye I am of the four Hawkeyes in a teaming mission when the action gets fast. I suppose that's intentional to drive you to the store to buy a unique look.

You might try moving the 2nd slider in your settings to the left, to reduce other players' VFX if you haven't already.
Is Dr. Doom the final boss? Because if he is, then I've reached end game--and sooner than I expected.
Yes, his first iteration is the end of the story. But it's just the beginning of the game too ;; There are after all, 7 iterations of him, and the first one is a pushover comparatively.