Fetish Sycophants.

Witch Doctor
Today, I tried a different passive - Fetish Sycophants along with the Fetish Army skill and I am beginning to like it. I thought 5% chance to summon was low until i tried it out. Since I normal use bats, spiders and locust skills I normal can get 10 Fetishes to fight by my side for a minute. And about every other minute i can get 5 more with my army. All i do is play my normal PB rotation and there are 15 fetishes along beside me. No problem with mp8 farming. Has anyone else tried/used this skill before? It sure has made my WD fun again. i have notice my computer slows a little due to all the fetishes and locust eating the mobs down.
http://tinypic.com/r/50mek3/5

above is pic of the ones i summoned spamming bats until mana was empty and then spamming spiders until full mana. so 8 of them. however, once i called army they got blown up and only 5 stood by my side. yet, if i spammed bats again more get added to that army. 15 is possible just not after an army cast.
They are pretty fun in co-op. In a rare case, a player tried to attack the fetishes and one even asked me what those small little people are. They make a WD really feel like a WD. Sadly, these cuties are underpowered. It would be so cool if they could attain a critical number and then become something like a fetish army :)
i use Plague Bats along with sycophants. i'm sure i've counted up to a dozen easily. i can spam bats forever though, which helps. i don't use the army.

they don't do too much damage, but they hold agro and block monster pathing so i can stand behind and keep blasting bats.

they die easily to plague pools and such, but the army builds up again really quick.

prob'ly the funnest passive the WD has, in my books.
Didn't really find them useful except for trapping kitting mobs/elites and goblins. Allowing me to CoB without moving too much.

Hopefully someday Blizzard will give those tiny fellas some huge damage buff.
Throw on a Gidbinn for funsies and see how many of them you can get!
I usually run some variation of this 'line of scrimmage' build -

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cTUkdY!VTg!bYZZZc

It is a lot of fun and I run it successfully at mp10, you need to be able to maintain PB, and i usually run with -bat and -zombie wall gear.
What they need is synergy with the army skill, like have a chance to spawn a flame-breather or blow dart guy when you have sycophants and army skill.
they should make it so each fetish you have increases something like your dps or aps if not the fetishes' dmg.
Does anyone know if Sycophants work well with Firebomb with Flash Fire?

Flash fire makes it so that the bomb jumps to 6 other targets. I wonder if each jumps can proc the passive.
it would be fun if dead fetishes could proc grave injustice
I've tried Fetishes several times. It is fun, but I've never been able to give up another passive for it. I wish they were more viable. Maybe I'll try it again. I would love to have an army to fight with.
I just did a fields run with 'em.

http://s22.postimg.org/zbsql34vl/army.png

While it is fun to have my little army, it just isn't very effective. I watched as all 4 dogs, my garg, 5 fetishes, and my templar took forever just to kill a little plague bearer. That was with my DPS buffed to over 300k.

Dam. I wish I wish I wish these guys were more useful. I love having my own army, like the old necro.
I just did a fields run with 'em.

http://s22.postimg.org/zbsql34vl/army.png

While it is fun to have my little army, it just isn't very effective. I watched as all 4 dogs, my garg, 5 fetishes, and my templar took forever just to kill a little plague bearer. That was with my DPS buffed to over 300k.

Dam. I wish I wish I wish these guys were more useful. I love having my own army, like the old necro.

Shouldn't really be a surprise to you, they do 20% weapon damage each. Your Plague Bats does 500% weapon damage.. It will take 25 of them pounding on a single target to match that. And then there is the fact they only crit at 50% weaopn damage, so in reality we are probably talking about 40 of these guys to match PB.