Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 21 Next
06/10/2013 02:07 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

Well, if you find it beneath you to farm DE's on MP1, then that's on you. The rest of us realise that 20 DE's per hour is by far adequate.

Well, considering my DPS is to high to do MP 1 efficiently, since even in MP 5 most of the time I spend is walking, I'm pretty sure, just pretty sure, that MP 1 is a waste of my time.

Like I said, your problem.
Good argument. Apparently it's an issue that doing something harder is just as quick as doing something easier. You're standing on air buddy.
Demonic essences are just to few, like someone in this thread said: being able to get guaranteed DE's from salvaging legends, killing ubers, bosses, and at least 50% chance on elites would be awesome.
06/10/2013 02:10 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
You're standing on air buddy.

Hardly. The topic is 'Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences' and I say 20 per hour is enough. Capisce?
Ok than. So your argument is that 10-20 an hour is enough, yet I find 30+ an hour and I don't find that enough because you are to poor and really don't understand the value of the items. So yes, you are standing on air.
...yet I find 30+ an hour and I don't find that enough...

Then we are in disagreement. No need to get pissy about it.
The point is, you're saying it's my issue that I can kill quicker than you. That I have less time wasted playing MP 5 than MP 1. Clearly, since this is supposedly an issue, instead of responding to it, you pretend like your entire argument is just the amount you got rather than what we were just talking about. Re-read what you wrote and you might understand that.
06/10/2013 02:30 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Clearly, since this is supposedly an issue, instead of responding to it, you pretend like your entire argument is just the amount you got rather than what we were just talking about.

Yes. This is because the amount I get is by far enough for any player. You even get twice that, so I say it, yet again; 20/hour is enough for Diablo 3. This is my opinion, what part of that is it you don't get.
06/10/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Yes. This is because the amount I get is by far enough for any player. You even get twice that, so I say it, yet again; 20/hour is enough for Diablo 3. This is my opinion, what part of that is it you don't get

Looking at your profile, do you even play this game? Link to another profile to prove it?

I personally wouldn't mind if they increased the DE drop rates, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didn't
06/10/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Frozen
Demonic essences are just to few, like someone in this thread said: being able to get guaranteed DE's from salvaging legends, killing ubers, bosses, and at least 50% chance on elites would be awesome.

The entire point of DE is that they are BoA and that you can't shortcut collecting them with a fat stack of gold/money correct? They will never, I repeat never, allow DE from salvaging of any kind.
1. load warriors rest game on mp10
2. Kill elite over and over
3. ???
4. profit
So this thread is about a few rich people complaining about not being able to spend their golds fast enough.

Suck to be us poor folks. And don't say 'most people' cuz I'm sure most people don't sit around with hundreds of millions golds.
Aaaaand it's the 7th thread about this in 2 weeks.

Still, no response of a blue, yay.

Sure, it's WAY more important to brabble about hellfire rings or which dungeons they like to loot. Great fun.

Anyways, drop rate needs to be significantly raised, it doesn't scale with monster health and crafting necessity:

- Monster health:

On MP5, which is currently the most efficient MP to farm DEs, monsters have 639% health and a drop chance of 24%.
Monsters on MP10 have 3439% health and a drop chance of 38.9%.

A FIVE TIMES higher amount of health with not even a 15% increased drop chance?

This doesn't make any sense.

- Crafting necessity:

Once you hit a certain dps amount, your upgrades will cost you billions. Any player who doesn't use the RMAH or doesn't flip items won't reach that amount of gold, let's just face it.

Thus, his only chance to get upgrades lies in crafting, as farming items is about as efficient as trying to find a gold coin in the pacific.

But in order to get a good item, the rolls need to be the right ones and on top of that need to be high values. Statistically, this will take a player tens of thousands of essences.

10.000 essences take 330 hours to farm by the way. And this amount of essences won't give you good items on all craftable spots, it will maybe give you 2 good items.

Anyone in their right mind can't tell me that you have to play a game 300+ hours for only a chance to get a good item while someone just drops 50$ and gets 5 good items.
How about just have Blizzard have the npc's in all act's sell them that way no one would actually have to play the game.....
06/10/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Yes. This is because the amount I get is by far enough for any player. You even get twice that, so I say it, yet again; 20/hour is enough for Diablo 3. This is my opinion, what part of that is it you don't get.

You are the perfect example of a clueless D3 player. None of your characters has 200k+ dps. Of course 20 DEs per hour NOW seem enough for you.

Get to 220k dps and then try to get an upgrade through crafting. I dare you.

Then you can come back and talk, because then you will know what you talk about.

Seriously, I can't figure why you noobs have to talk so much when you obviously have not even the slightest clue about the topic.
06/10/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
How about just have Blizzard have the npc's in all act's sell them that way no one would actually have to play the game.....

Playing the game isn't the issue, it's the lack of reason to be motivated. It's no different than trying to collect legendary items. It's completely pointless and fruitless right now. You can ask anyone who can't make enough money to get a decent upgrade. Fact of the matter is, it is to slow to get DE. MP 5 is more beneficial to collect DE than it is at MP 10, even at 500k dps before buffing yourself. That's REALLY bad. The way it scales is horrible. It gains maybe 20% every time it goes up an MP level, when it should gradually get higher, not lower.

In the end, this is bad. Did I forget to include the fact that it requires at least 1/400,000 chance to get the stats you want, let alone roll the actual values desired, per slot?
Aaaaand it's the 7th thread about this in 2 weeks.

Still, no response of a blue, yay.

I think the silence says enouth. Not gonna change rates.
MP10 drop rates are extremelly low IMO. Originally it was supposed to be 80%+, but they changed that on that PTR. Too bad.
I have almost 800 in my stash. Drop rate seems fine to me.
Maybe when I start crafting for another toon
I will feel differently.