Demon hunters are great team players for WDs

Witch Doctor
Other than well-known guiding light monks, DHs are very useful in the game

To start with, WDs can spam CoB in DHs' Sentry and enjoy 15% dmg reduction.

I love DH's Marked for Death (Grim Reaper rune).
Mobs can be wiped out much faster.
The crits from CoB, 12% dmg are shared among all enemies....

I used sever/last breath with CoB.... 12% of those over 7milion crits being shared....result is quite amazing.

Just some experience sharing here...
I'll second that.

WD can make party play really destructive, for the mobs anyway, though finding active DHs on the servers is getting harder by the day.

I hate to say this but DH need to stop getting nerf'd or they'll disappear forever.

Off topic. I wonder if we can get 7mil crits without "Rest in Pieces?" Full buffs on a Skorn build might do it, dunno haven't had the right conditions to try it. I think 6.3mil is my highest so far.
Luffy next time you play with the DH can you give him the sever and have him use spike trap/sticky trap? I'm very curious to see if that works with the RiP affix. It will be hard for him to use sever but if it does work it would be worth it for group play.

06/13/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Ocko
I wonder if we can get 7mil crits without "Rest in Pieces?"

I regularly hit 7m+ crits.

Edit:...with my skorn.
I've seen really big crit numbers from the EU Aerial, iirc, around 10 million.
06/13/2013 03:26 PMPosted by MikeHoncho

Sweet. Now I have a reason to play more.
I am going to announce it...the missing piece of sever and last breath...
.......is really the DHs' Marked for Death Grim Reaper.

That's a really sexy combo...
@MikeHoncho
you mean the DH sever build?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924373711#1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924372772#1

Yes, DH can use a sever sword with a shield..LOL...
I tried that before using chakram.... I was missing some chakram gear to spam unlimited chakram last time... I may take a second look again
But I think DH rapid fire is more fun to play with atm.

Luffy next time you play with the DH can you give him the sever and have him use spike trap/sticky trap? I'm very curious to see if that works with the RiP affix. It will be hard for him to use sever but if it does work it would be worth it for group play.

I wonder if we can get 7mil crits without "Rest in Pieces?"

Edit:...with my skorn.
I was just thinking since the sticky trap rune deals aoe damage when people die, that the damage would go off of the sever. This could mean that the DH could tag an enemy, who then gets insta-gibbed by CoB, and then when he exlodes and does AoE damage it might deal the damage from RiP to other enemies. The more I think about it though I don't think it would work like that. The DH would probably have to kill the enemy with spike trap for it to work like I'm thinking. I also don't know if the damage works like that, since sticky trap does a fixed 404% weapon damage, and not a percentage of your overall damage like grim reaper.

There is a way to do something like this. It is possible to extend the RiP damage to other enemies through certain skills. Some DH posted a 2 billion AoE crit yesterday but I can't find the thread anymore. It was pretty crazy looking. 3 2b+ crits on the screen at once.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245595406 Found it. It was a monk not a DH. Concept still applies though.
Oh..i know what u mean now..
nope..that wont spread out the big RiP crits to others...
If we can spread the 100% big crits to the mobs around....that will be like setting off an atomic bomb in the area.......
I wish there were a skill like that....LOL..

I was just thinking since the sticky trap rune deals aoe damage when people die, that the damage would go off of the sever. This could mean that the DH could tag an enemy, who then gets insta-gibbed by CoB, and then when he exlodes and does AoE damage it might deal the damage from RiP to other enemies. The more I think about it though I don't think it would work like that. The DH would probably have to kill the enemy with spike trap for it to work like I'm thinking. I also don't know if the damage works like that, since sticky trap does a fixed 404% weapon damage, and not a percentage of your overall damage like grim reaper.

There is a way to do something like this. It is possible to extend the RiP damage to other enemies through certain skills. Some DH posted a 2 billion AoE crit yesterday but I can't find the thread anymore. It was pretty crazy looking. 3 2b+ crits on the screen at once.
I am always happy to run with WD's, infact I quite enjoy it.
Feel free to add me in game for some runs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Detomaso-6964/hero/27805760

I also have a Manticore which I use in multiplayer if people don't like the Knockback of Windfore.
When using Manticore I tend to use MfD - Grim Reaper instaed of Sentry. Happy to run both though if it helps
that will be like setting off an atomic bomb in the area.......
I wish there were a skill like that....LOL..

Looks like it's a monk with a sever using exploding palm on a mob that has been hit with grim reaper.