So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

Console Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
Itemization should of been something that came out from the start......
Thanks for the update, Lylirra. More or less what I figured the situation was, but nice to hear it in so many words. I guess I'll just sit quiet and wait for that time when you guys are ready to share something tangible.
Thanks for the update, Lylirra. More or less what I figured the situation was, but nice to hear it in so many words. I guess I'll just sit quiet and wait for that time when you guys are ready to share something tangible.

06/11/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
We'd love to do more informal chats like what Travis and Wyatt did with Archon on the May 15, where the developers just take some time to casually talk about the game and their approach to certain issues. We might not have a lot of new information to share in those chats, but at least it would establish a nice of cadence of conversation. Less formal, more frequent.

I really liked that chat, and hope to see more, but at the same time, it did feel a bit strained toward the end, so I can see how frequent chats/communication, while great, really tends to become redundant unless you have something solid to communicate. I think what you've done here, has been enough, because at times it just goes weeks with just nothing, and to just hear even from you that there simply isn't enough to tell yet, (even though I more or less know it) let's players like me just relax a bit.

It's a shame it was this thread you responded to, no one on the gen forums will see this! :(
Some ways to fix itemization.

I know the system was designed to be a pinata. You wanted crap popping out of everything. But this was the completely wrong approach. All it does is drop trash 99% of the time that clutters up your screen and gets you killed by picking things up when you are trying to move out of the way of something killing you. Or accidentally picking things up and having to waste time dropping them. Or iding 1000 items and having to look through 1000 junk items just in case. Its annoying and not fun.

So...

1) lower drop chances by 1/4th. And add a filter to remove white or blue items so you cant loot them unless you hold a override key down.

2) change the affix ranges from old_max - old_min = old_range, new_min = old_min + old_range*0.75.

3) Let us modify items. Remove an affix and roll a new one. Or improve an existing affix. Or add a specific affix. For example you find an item with 9% attack speed, you salvage the item saving the 9% affix, then clear an affix slot off one of your items, and insert the affix. Each step would have a cost of reagents/gold. Or maybe you don't get to salvage the 9% affix, but you just salvage an attack speed affix and the new value is randomized when you apply it. Or you have an item with 8% attack speed and you want 9%, so you pay reagents for a chance to upgrade it. These could all be 100% success and high reagent cost, or random success with lower reagent cost. Increase the cost the closer the affix gets to max range.

Yes that means you could eventually craft the perfect item, but it should take a lot of items/gold/materials/gems/etc. You would probably want these modified items account bound, to remove them from the economy.

#3 gives everyone something to work towards. Everyone could work towards the perfect items to them.

----------------

Id go beyond that, add in craftable potions/scrolls. Temporary item buffs. ETC. You know bring back the mystic....

--------------

Questable base affixes to your character. How about a long quest chain that gives you 5 pickup radius. Or 2% attack speed, or 2% run speed, etc. Something that would be the equivalent of the hellfire staff quests, where you have to do multiple quests/areas to get the bonus. This will bring back some sense of investment into a character.
I can't claim to speak for the entire community, but as far as "how to communicate" when you have no major information to share... I understand that dilemma. The timing of the blog post and the inability to answer many of the biggest questions in Ask the Devs (which I believe is why people overall were dissatisfied) is all unfortunate.

But how about this: Can you share one item (ideally one a week in a blog post detailing the process and discussions going on)? One example of an item that has been re-designed, be it a set piece, legendary, or something else? In 3 months is there really not a single thing that we could be shown so that we know what work is being done and have something to look forward to?

Worst case scenario, people would be critical of whatever is shown, but at least the development team would have that feedback to take into consideration as they continue working on the patch.

they can not share any information because there is nothing to share, blizzard are busy on Playstation and Xbox now.
It was in general before they moved it.
The AH for PC version should be removed and maybe possibly add a new type of item ( Purple "Epic" from WoW) that should be even more powerful than Oranges?
The way the weapon system now is brutal for end game. Everyone needs life steal (or LOH, w/e) and every one needs crit dmg. If the weapon doesn't have high DPS, it is useless. Max affixes for a rare is 6. Every single class end game is looking for the same weapon - ilvl 63 with 3 dmg buff affixes, crit dmg, LS, and a socket.

Let some of these affixes we need come from other items or through passive skills or something.. allow for a little more variance in the weapons we can use.
06/11/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
Console is not condusive to trading.

hmm is it really the platform that's "not conducive" to trading, or the market-that-is-far-too-large-for-any-single-individual-to-meaningfully-interface-with-on-a-one-by-one-basis, in general, that is "not conducive" to trading?
the pc will always be the focus for them cause of the RMAH
06/12/2013 12:23 PMPosted by SuperCamel
the pc will always be the focus for them cause of the RMAH

to be honest i don´t see any focus on this.
this game is a headache everytime you play tryng to get good drop you get disappointed, the only thing i still here is because of hope, but seems like still the same, 1 year hoping for a good change and they still focus on another thing, they said we where going to have new items in 1.0.8 and they changed theyr minds, will that be the same in 1.0.9?
also they did not finished 1.0.8, it seem that they did not finish it because they where out of time for the console thing.
that is how we all feel, not even getting to paragon 100 seems to be a good thing, you farm paragon to farm items how hilarious is that.
the only thing the game needs is fun, to be a good game, but seems like that is to hard for them, or don´t even care since they still get lot of money from console sells.
or the devs don´t have the capacity to this.

hope is going away and lots of players are leaving the game, maybe theyr caming back after a new patch but those who are getting hate won´t came back, those people getting hate because they feel like fools waiting hoping for fixes, and when they see this console anounces they feel more fools like i am feeling right now.
not even a word from devs until some one post something like this, not even a date for the 1.0.9, not even know if this patch is caming this year, it will be a big mistake if this patch cames next year really disappointed what i am feeling now, hope is not got away yet but seems like will go away soon.

The big question is, Would you recomend this game to your friends?
this is not even worth $20 dollars yet, 1 year and still not worth $20 dollars, maybe if you wait another year it will.
the only reason we buy the game is because is D2 descendant and Blizzard property, as everyone knows blizzard use to improve any game of theyr own, what is taking to long?

whatever i know most of them playing the game get frustrating, of corse they don´t have the same time than us so they will never know how frutrating is.

even this guy got in a mad mod when he craffted 1001 amulets and not a single upgrade, he is playing another game until he gets back on the mod to play D3, how hilarious.

http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor
I know for a fact that it does not take this long to test and implement those itemization changes :p From a former game dev, you'r not fooling me.
A company that cared about it's players would reward them for all the feedback they've given over the last year. The bottom line is that we got absolute crap when this game first came out. It's come a long way, and is still not the "Diablo" experience mostly in regard to broken itemization.

Now, the console version is essentially addressing it right out of the box, possibly before the PC version gets it? This clearly points to Blizzard using the PC as a Guinea pig to beta test the game for the last year.

The reason you all were able to make a polished version for the consoles is because the player base tested and tried to death and came up with fantastic ideas. Reward the players by letting us have the console version for free if we've already paid for the PC version. It's honestly the least you could do after we put up with so much that went wrong up to this point.
I am sorry OP, I also complained a lot about this game but I can't agree with you here.
Ps/xbox get version 1.07 we are already at 1.08 , so we already have a better game thanks to more creeps.
I believe the console versions are scheduled for September (?) , so I would like to see what that new game director has in store for us. I personally hope that itemization will be addressed/fixed before the console version launches in a couple of months , I also hope that itemization does not need a 2 month test realm period :P
I would really like to see once a week on a set day something from the devs just saying how they are doing what they are thinking what there concerns are what they are happy about. Just anything that would give me something to look forward too every week that would make the waiting game feel shorter.
How is it to hard to have a Blog at the end up the month? Last week or even last day " This is what we have done this month , what we are doing now and what is coming up ". Hard to understand how after 3 months nothing noteworthy has been accomplished regarding itemization.

I am sorry OP, I also complained a lot about this game but I can't agree with you here.
Ps/xbox get version 1.07 we are already at 1.08 , so we already have a better game thanks to more creeps.
I believe the console versions are scheduled for September (?) , so I would like to see what that new game director has in store for us. I personally hope that itemization will be addressed/fixed before the console version launches in a couple of months , I also hope that itemization does not need a 2 month test realm period :P

Except they have already said that mob density has been tuned for the consoles already ...
The initial post about itemization came out right before SCII HoTS came out. This gave the player base time to take off from D3 and hopefully buy another Blizzard game so it comes to no surprise that the console version is coming out sooner than the itemization overhaul, meh.
No need to freak out.

P.C is getting a new patch 1.0.9. Lets see how good Xbox and Ps is when that arrives.

IMO the game for P.C will have to be lifted or most everyone will switch to console that are die hard fans.

Because people essentially buying D3 a second time for console would break Blizzards heart!
I love the blue post links to articles that prove console version is better than the "lead" platform PC version.

I love that cruddy consoles are getting more love than the "lead" platform.

I love that 2 months have passed and no itemization is patch in sight. Does this "lead" platform have any actual devs working on it anymore?