So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

Console Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
Screenshot from E3 event showing low level calamity:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/calamity-console-lvl31.png

Yes almost 100% console version will have 1.0.9

Wow lots of very insightful information coming from this thread. To BAD Blizzard moved it from General Discussion. It Truly needs to be MOVED back! We are talking about the PC version, not the Console version. We are only making comparisons about why the Console version is getting AHEAD of the PC version, when PC is the main platform.

Or is blizzard telling us that they screwed over 10 million people, just to jump into the console market and hope to sell 10 million copies once again, but there forgetting that the reason DIABLO did so well is that it was a already a Fast ARPG and thats why people loved it. D3 is not that game, Cooldowns, and lack of customization killed it. Even console owners will despise the idea of cooldowns. Console games are Action games, they will loose interest fast if they are forced to wait. I myself have truly never played any other game on the PC. I just don't like PC games, never have but that is my preference. I always preferred the controller, but diablo was different and thats why i loved it so much. I loved the ability to customize everything, and D3 lost that feeling.

If i had to guess id say out of those 10million PC Sales 8-9 million of them own consoles. I know i do, but after a fiasco like this I'd never buy another diablo until its finished, and I'll never support a console version if the PC version is being so negatively neglected.

Thanks Banker for posting that pic. There already getting Itemization and were getting nothing yet again. Its time to cash out and HOPE that in the next few years we might be able to come back to a FUN game.

Its Truly sad how blizzard has this illusion that the Console Version will be a success! Its almost a guarantee that 90% of the pc base who bought the game own consoles and wouldn't rebuy it if there life depended on it. The only ones who will buy it are, TRUE D3 (Only) Fan boys. Out of 10+ million, it would be truly sad if 1million didn't actually like this game.

The Irony is that Blizzard Made the loot match the RMAH to earn more money on top of game sales. Even more is that they took those funds, and still are and are using it on the console version. PC users are getting SHAFTED BIG TIME. The console version is only possible because of the PC fanbase yet there so quick to abandon us and devote more time to fixing the console version before release.

This game should have BEEN FIXED ENTIRELY before working on another platform. Its probably time to find for the government to create a law about releasing unfinished products to protect consumers. Its a shame that companies are getting away with this.

The Truly SAD part about this whole fiasco is that the "BLUES" Get SO much hate eventhough its not there fault, nor could they truly do anything about it. My anger is with Blizzard/activation and the CEO's that run this company. Its the little guys like the "blues" that deserve OUR RESPECT. They are not at fault for this failed game and they are not responsible for fixing it. They are pretty much getting paid to deal with the forums, and pass along information. They probably don't even have the authority to give out information. If i had to guess id say that all there posts are pre-screened by someone else before its posted just to make sure they dont accidentally say something incorrect.

I for one, would like to apologize to Any Blues that might have taken any of my posts/threads as hate towards them. It's towards the company. Forum users realize that your the little ones in the company and there really is no one else to complain to, so they get all the heat. Hopefully everyone can remember back to when they worked a job that you had consumers yelling at you (retail returns) to not have anything to do with the product.
06/13/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Mettiu
Well what did you expect from Blizzard. That company is dead for me and I think I am not only one with that opinion unless they start doing things differently. I am not hater nor whinner I just dont like if somebody is lieing to me. Even itemization patch will not help bring life to this boring so called RPG game. Can somebody explain to me why they remove so many stuff even stuff which they showed on first gameplay videos? Because this game is like CoD (boring, repeatitive almost no choices, etc...) with monster slaying and now when I see that on console it will be actually better? WTF? Why after 12 years of developement and year after release there are still such issues? What are you doing Blizzard hireing monkeys???

They probably hired the monkeys that got laid off when nasa closed down... SMH. LOL.
Are they any videos on how well Diablo 3 run on the PS4?
06/13/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Paolo11
Are they any videos on how well Diablo 3 run on the PS4?

Youtube is your best friend. Just a basic search found this. My guess is that the ps4 will run just as good as the ps3, except the ps4 might be smoother because of the increased memory and graphics cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rJoX5qAA2w
That's just one of the old character trailers. It even has the PC UI in it (though of course the PS4 can always have keyboard+mouse support I guess).
06/13/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Predarek
You need to do both. You should say: "We tried lowering crit damage by 50% and adding new mods that increases damage a certain type of damage by [x]%. While it solved [y] problems it caused [z] problems". In the midst of all the answers, you might get ONE suggestion that you could use afterward.

This is what some of us have been telling them for years. You can see how much they've listened...
A lot of these arguments on the D3 page are completely pointless why don't people just play the game that they love? Even if its not 100% what you expected from the start it is a great game so what's the point in arguing over the console release? So they get better equipment drops so what PC gamers can go to the action house and buy what they need. If you prefer no AH now you can buy the console port and if you like it stick with the PC port. Now everyone has the option to have what they want so I don't understand the fuss.
06/11/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Lylirra
Fixing itemization (which needs to be done on PC) is one thing. Applying console-based itemization to the pc version is quite another.

Interesting quote! (Also, apologies in advance for the TL;DR response.)

...Our goal when developing Diablo III for console was to deliver that same visceral gameplay you get with a mouse and keyboard, but at the same time feel completely natural when using a controller....

In order to achieve that, we've made a variety of tweaks to the the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, including a complete re-design of the UI and character controls, inventory management, as well as combat pacing and boss fights. The item game is predominantly the same, but we've also made some minor adjustments to itemization. Items will drop less frequently, but will typically be of higher quality. There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too. These changes were made to help manage the flow of gameplay and keep players in the midst of combat (and out of their inventory screens) as much possible. Inventory management is a little more difficult on the console version than it is on the PC, where you have a mouse to quickly navigate through menus, so this was a pretty key tweak for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Somehow, I do not see how the changes made to the console version that makes the drops better has anything to do with the items you listed above regarding UI, character controls, inventory management, etc.

Regarding the 'changes' to make gameplay flow better, still do not see the connection between better drops and this function.

I am sorry, but I do not see a validation in your response - not to be rude or confrontational - but I just do not see how better drops achieves these 'improvements'.

Seems to me that it would be an easy fix for the PC version...sorry L, I just do not buy your response...
If you guys would pay attention to what they are doing in the 1.09 patch, its pretty much the same thing as the console.. and the patch will be released way before the console is release or very very close to it. Duh?
06/13/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Zatchmo
If you guys would pay attention to what they are doing in the 1.09 patch, its pretty much the same thing as the console.. and the patch will be released way before the console is release or very very close to it. Duh?

This is a joke right? Havnt you noticed that this game is made for the console, meaning we are the ported version. Meaning we get patches second ect...

Blizzard needs sales, they would be utterly stupid to release any type of patch fix this year. They will most likely wait till next year to do itemization and fix it. They need ps3/ps4 sales and the only people who will buy it are the rest of the D3 only fan boys on this site, and the ones who still play it. Console owners are notorious for looking at reviews first and if they read D3 as bad as it is, they wont buy it. They also need an incentive for people to jump ship from the pc to the console.

Blizzard's whole goal is $$$, its obvious by the way the game was designed and by how the drops are directly related to the AH. The console will have much better loot drops because of the lack of a AH. They wont make money off of it, so they dont care about keeping drops to a bare minimal.

Right now its exactly how they want. They want the super rare items to get sold over and over and over and over again. If new it wasn't as rare they wouldn't really sell and people could just farm there own. Instead they made them extremely hard to get making users pay with real cash or farming a lifetime. This fix will not hit the PC anytime soon and anyone who thinks otherwise apparently isn't "wise enough" to have noticed there overall game-plan yet.
DIII on consoles is the true version systematically, no AH is a great thing to preserve the game's longevity. Consoles WILL release patches just as the PC does, maybe not at the same time but close enough. I think every platform will have the itemization patch by September.
You know what I'd like to see? Regular communication. When the "Ask The Devs" thing first rolled out, it felt like communication was flowing well. Now, it feels like ages since that kind of flow was seen, and frankly, that's what annoys me. Communication is a river - it needs to flow at a regular pace; the flood/drought thing you guys have become (in)famous for just isn't working.

Bring back Ask The Devs, and make it a regular thing. In addition, I'd love to see a bi-weekly, or even monthly update, just to let us know what you're working on, even if there's just not much to report. In this thread (and others), it's been mentioned that itemization discussions aren't to a point where you guys are comfortable talking about them, and that's okay, but that can't be the only thing you guys talk about or are working on. Why not talk about the status on recoloring legendaries, or where you want classes to go, or what you like in other games? Surely there's enough going on behind the scenes that you *can* talk about, while you continue to acknowledge the fact that there's some stuff that just isn't yet ready for discussion.

Give us something, just so we know that you're not twiddling your thumbs...

... okay, that last line was harsh, and undeserved. We know you're doing lots of actual work, and that there's more going on than you can discuss, but your players are frustrated by what feels like "more of the same," with regard to communication. You guys are busy, and we (for the most part) understand that. You've all got lives outside of the game, and other irons in the fire (projects, etc). On some level, remember that if we had no belief in you, we wouldn't keep clamoring for every juicy morsel you throw our way. We know that these things take time, but just want you to talk to us. If you've seen Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmare shows, you'd know that one of his biggest bits of advice to chefs is to *communicate* with people, especially when things get rough. Maybe give communication another go? Just... be regular about it, so that we know when we can expect something, even if it's not as much as we'd like.

Pretty please? With sugar sprinkles?
If I read correctly, console Diablo 3 is coming out on September. Perhaps we'll be getting the itemization patch before that...?
Developer podcasts for listening on an mp3 player would be nice.
06/11/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
Everything we get is super rushed feeling instead of complete and considering the amount of time you guys spend being mum about things, we are being reasonable to doubt you guys care.

We know that some players feel that way about previous changes we've made (i.e. legendary improvements), and it's not unreasonable. Even if that's not actually the case, that's part of the reason why we're taking things a little more slowly this time around and really looking at more big/sweeping changes to the core of the item game.

I think this is my first blue response and it's a terrible feeling that it had to be on such a bad topic. I do think you guys need to review what you consider ready to speak about. Ya'll have to have something there that is worth talking about, even ideas you didn't go with. (Will only work if you give really good reasons why you think it didn't work instead of just saying "This is something we thought of and decided aginst." That hasn't worked in the past on your other projects but similar ideas have been successful from other companies because of how much explanation they did.)

I love this series, and the company that makes it, and want it to succeed so bad it hurts. I think it's up to ya'll to get the positivity flowing again though.
As far as the 'quality over quantity' coming first to console, you guys realize that this feature and it's implementation would be completely different for each of the versions right?

For starter's the console will have a different degree of monster density to the PC iteration, so they can't just apply the exact same mechanic as that would be imbalanced. That said, I think we can expect the quality over quantity patch to hit the PC around the same time as the console release, if not then within a month or two.

This isn't simply a port, it's a different game hence there being two completely separate teams working on the PC and console versions.
Imagine if Blizzard was a car manufacturer...

Releasing cars to customers without brakes or the left front tire...

Only to then release a new pickup truck the very next year and try to sell it to the same customers.
As far as the 'quality over quantity' coming first to console, you guys realize that this feature and it's implementation would be completely different for each of the versions right?

For starter's the console will have a different degree of monster density to the PC iteration, so they can't just apply the exact same mechanic as that would be imbalanced. That said, I think we can expect the quality over quantity patch to hit the PC around the same time as the console release, if not then within a month or two.

This isn't simply a port, it's a different game hence there being two completely separate teams working on the PC and console versions.

That wont happen. The Console version will get it first and the PC will be left behind. They want console sales, so keep the pc waiting. Its the best tatic for making money.

As for the density your all wrong. Yes the density will be less, yes they will scale there quality of loot for the density changes, but that doesnt give them the right to give them the better quality loot that was promised to us in an itemization patch.

Since adding new items will take time, they also had a good plan to decrease loot drops and make those drops that do drop higher quality. For example, currently a belt has a chance to roll from 1-100 (or 200 if double roll) main stat, 1-80 AR, 1-100 Vitality ect...

If they decrease the quantity and increase the quality the stats change to 70% higher quality (like they said). So now those same items will roll 70-100 main stat (or 140-200 double roll), 56-80 AR, 70-100 Vitality.

They also told us in the blog that character specific items wont roll other character stats. For example, inna's pants wont roll a barb (Cleave) Stat ect...

Those changes are MAJOR when it comes to loot. That means no more junk rolls. This is just the first step in the right direction to fixing this game and the Console gets it first. Since its a major upgrade to the game I wont expect the PC to get it till christmas or later. They need something to boost there Console sales and this would be it.