Diablo 3 Console FAQ

Console Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 19 Next
why limit the network of diablo 3 by not allowing for cross-console trading through auction house!? I for one would love to see a booming auction house during the influx of new console players...
08/02/2013 02:07 PMPosted by ALEM
why limit the network of diablo 3 by not allowing for cross-console trading through auction house!? I for one would love to see a booming auction house during the influx of new console players...

Its something done by Sony/Microsoft. Very very VERY few games enable this. It's not just up to blizzard.

Plus there is no AH on the console versions so they would never give access to our AH anyway.
Sorry if this has already been asked - are offline and online characters separated at all?

Happy to see there is an offline mode, but are there some limitations for characters that can be used online? e.g. with the ability to transfer heros using USB, I assume players won't be able to mod their heros then take them online?

It is disappointing to see that HC characters can be backed up on USB (unless this has been changed). I don't see the purpose of hardcore if this is allowed.
Sorry if this has already been asked - are offline and online characters separated at all?

Happy to see there is an offline mode, but are there some limitations for characters that can be used online? e.g. with the ability to transfer heros using USB, I assume players won't be able to mod their heros then take them online?

It is disappointing to see that HC characters can be backed up on USB (unless this has been changed). I don't see the purpose of hardcore if this is allowed.

There is nothing separating online and offline characters. While blizzard would have put protection to stop modifying and such we don't know what it could be.

As for backing up characters it's not just the character its the entire account, so at very least if you go through the process it would rollback the entire account to bring the HC character back to life. Plus we don't know what else they could have done. Wait and see I guess.
I have a few answers to some of your questions about Diablo III on the console!

06/14/2013 01:19 AMPosted by Narull
Q: Will the game feature Offline LAN capabilities?

The Playstation 3 supports LAN, while the Xbox has a system link feature, and Diablo III will work with both of them. In short, Diablo III on console supports LAN on both systems.

Q: Will the gold costs for upgrading gems and crafting items be changed at all from the PC version?

The gold cost for crafting on the Console version has been drastically reduced to accommodate the lack of an Auction House.

Q: Is there any list available of what from 1.08 made it in to the console version?

Some of the changes patch 1.0.8 brought to the PC version were selected to be present in the console version as well, but not everything. Some of the things that made it over are class skill adjustments (including healing), Nekerat the Key Warden has chance to drop keys in addition to the plans, multiplayer xp/mf/gf bonuses, and improved combat notifications.
08/06/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Grimiku
The gold cost for crafting on the Console version has been drastically reduced to accommodate the lack of an Auction House.

Is that why gold prices for gems is so high for PC? because there is an AH? Gems cost more on AH than it does to craft. Unless youre saying that you can buy gold on the RMAH. don't think gold prices in game should reflect the RMAH existence
Q: Will I be able to buy D3 for PS3/xbox360 from the Playstation Network Store/Xbox Store as a Digital Download? What would be the data size for the hard drive space needed to accomplish this? Also, If we are able to purchase D3 from the Playstation Network store, will Playstation Plus Members get a discount on the game?

Not sure if this has been answered, but on the European Playstation Network Store, there is a preorder of Diablo 3 available. I'm going to assume it will be up on the North American Playstation store as well in a couple of weeks. Also, It seems like PS+ members will not get a discount on the game. Data size is also not listed on the page.
The Playstation 3 supports LAN, while the Xbox has a system link feature, and Diablo III will work with both of them. In short, Diablo III on console supports LAN on both systems.

Now if only we could get LAN support on PC, too. Since, you know, laptops and such make it pretty easy to have multiple PCs in a room these days.

I didn't start out feeling this way, but I'm starting to really resent all the features that console is getting but we aren't...
Am i going to have to buy another copy of d3 for console. (xbox360) Or is it possible just to download d3 via Xbox dashboard and play my pc account??
08/06/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Mmunster
Am i going to have to buy another copy of d3 for console. (xbox360) Or is it possible just to download d3 via Xbox dashboard and play my pc account??

You have to buy a new copy, it's a slightly different game.

You don't buy call of duty on PC and get a PS3 version of free.
for offline co op, will everyone playing have to own their own copy of diablo 3

Q: Will the gold costs for upgrading gems and crafting items be changed at all from the PC version?

I know this kind of sounds like pointing the finger and you (Blizzard dev's) are aware of it, but you basically just reaffirmed that you need to use the RMAH to get gold because you can't get enough by farming on the PC version.

That makes me really sad that you really chose to do that :(

Why can't you lower the costs on the PC version as well? Pretend there is no AH. Actually do something to not piss your loyal player base off for once.
08/06/2013 11:12 PMPosted by KevRoBroDeen
for offline co op, will everyone playing have to own their own copy of diablo 3

No.

For LAN playing using multiple consoles, yes each console will require their own copy.

For Online play each person has their own copy.

For local coop on the same playstation, that only requires one copy of the game for up to 4 people to play.

I know this kind of sounds like pointing the finger and you (Blizzard dev's) are aware of it, but you basically just reaffirmed that you need to use the RMAH to get gold because you can't get enough by farming on the PC version.

Why can't you lower the costs on the PC version as well? Pretend there is no AH. Actually do something to not piss your loyal player base off for once.

You have mistaken what he meant by that. They adjusted it because you can't SELL on an GAH on the console version, which is where a lot of players make gold. It has nothing to do with the RMAH.

People where crafting gems back when the RMAH wasn't active when the game first came out because they could sell items on the GAH to make enough gold.

I know it's the 'in thing' to blame the RMAH for everything people don't like, but thing logically and you can see it has nothing to do with the RMAH.
Q: Will I be able to buy D3 for PS3/xbox360 from the Playstation Network Store/Xbox Store as a Digital Download? What would be the data size for the hard drive space needed to accomplish this? Also, If we are able to purchase D3 from the Playstation Network store, will Playstation Plus Members get a discount on the game?

Not sure if this has been answered, but on the European Playstation Network Store, there is a preorder of Diablo 3 available. I'm going to assume it will be up on the North American Playstation store as well in a couple of weeks. Also, It seems like PS+ members will not get a discount on the game. Data size is also not listed on the page.

Is this anywhere on their website?(I can't find it) or does it show on your console itself?

I can't find it on my console but the Aussie store is......lets call it special.
there really really really should be LAN on the pc version lol.

Oh this is AWESOME news. I live in a household with 3 PS3's, 3 massive flat screens and 3 other Diablo fanatics that will be getting the console version.

Excitement level just went through the roof.
08/06/2013 05:24 PMPosted by TummyStixx

Is that why gold prices for gems is so high for PC? because there is an AH? Gems cost more on AH than it does to craft. Unless youre saying that you can buy gold on the RMAH. don't think gold prices in game should reflect the RMAH existence

You can earn gold by selling items on the Gold Auction House, you aren't forced to buy gold from the Real Money Auction house. While it may seem that that is the reason for the high gold prices for crafting, I highly doubt that that is the case. It is merely because you have the ability to earn gold by selling items for gold on the Gold Auction House.

You have mistaken what he meant by that. They adjusted it because you can't SELL on an GAH on the console version, which is where a lot of players make gold. It has nothing to do with the RMAH.

People where crafting gems back when the RMAH wasn't active when the game first came out because they could sell items on the GAH to make enough gold.

I know it's the 'in thing' to blame the RMAH for everything people don't like, but thing logically and you can see it has nothing to do with the RMAH.

I don't think speaking for people is a good idea tbh.

I always think logically before posting. You're just defending the intention, which is fine, that is why you're a VIP.

But to design the AH (GAH or RMAH) based on people selling items to make money is a poor design in of itself because not everyone would use the GAH to make money, so the point is moot.

I barely made any gold at all from the GAH as nothing good dropped for me, so to make me feel less bad about wasting my time I spent money on the RMAH to buy gold to buy gear for my characters to at least make it as if all that time I had put in to finding gear, sort of paid off.

I don't think speaking for people is a good idea tbh.

I always think logically before posting. You're just defending the intention, which is fine, that is why you're a VIP.

But to design the AH (GAH or RMAH) based on people selling items to make money is a poor design in of itself because not everyone would use the GAH to make money, so the point is moot.

I barely made any gold at all from the GAH as nothing good dropped for me, so to make me feel less bad about wasting my time I spent money on the RMAH to buy gold to buy gear for my characters to at least make it as if all that time I had put in to finding gear, sort of paid off.

I apologise for speaking for the local goatman, you're right thats bad. But MVPs quite often disagree with blizz(we are almost encouraged too lol).

In regards to your issue, I've never sold anything big on the GAH either, the best item I've ever found is the manticore my DH has and I use that. I honestly think people don't use the GAH to the best ability.

Selling something for 100k or 50k is better than vendoring it and a lot of not great items sell for low amounts. That's how I make my gold, pickup every yellow I find and sell the ok stuff for quick cheap gold.

Give it a try mate.