Ps3 character transfer to ps4?

Console Discussion
Not sure if its been asked yet but when the ps4 version comes out will I be able to transfer my ps3 character to ps4? If not guess ill just wait till it comes out for the 4.
Similarly, I'm curious if people playing on the PS3 version will be able to play with those playing the PS4 version. I'd like to play with my stepfather, who has a PS3 (as I do), but I plan to get a PS4 eventually and as much as I enjoy D3 I don't want to end up buying THREE versions of the game.
That's also a good question. My nephew has a ps3 and probably won't get a 4 anytime near launch.
Considering that the Playstation version of the game will be saving characters to PSN servers as well as the HDD, I can't see why characters wouldn't be able to transfer as both will be logging in using the PSN. The only reason I can see it not happening is if the PS4 version offers different mechanics and/or features that would make for different gameplay.
I would love a blue to comment on this! I am not unlike you guys; I plan to get a PS4, but my brother and friends may not. Would be VERY nice to be able to transfer that character over instead of starting from scratch! It would also be fantastic if we would not have to buy the game again for PS4. this means I would have paid for the same game three times...not cool!

In any event, I am so stoked for this on console!
In the exact shoes as others here.

Bump.
bump.
I to am in the same boat. I am going to get a PS4 when they release but do not want to have to pay for a copy of D3 again without knowing if I give it to say my Mom (yes she loves games) with my PS3. I would like to be able to play with her and move/transfer my characters from the PS3 version to the new PS4 version. I really would not have a problem with getting yet another version of D3 on the PS4 as long as this is an option.

But this has to be something that Blizz is looking into. IF they are going to release D3 on both I am hoping that have already thought about this and are making some sort of plan to work this out.

I have been with Diablo since the first one and even went the the game launch event here in CA.

This has been The Barbeardian (Diablo fan and hero of the day).
Bump
wouldnt u think the answer to this question is yes characters do transfer over because ps4 is backwards compatible of playing ps3 games...lol
I would think the answer to your comment is no. Considering the ps4 will NOT play ps3 discs.
Bump
I was just logging in to ask the same question.

However it would be nice if I get diablo 3 now(sept.3) for ps3, and when I eventually get ps4 and get the ps4 version, my characters will transfer over.

Ppl saying that they don't want to buy 3 different versions of the game...your gonna have to either way. PS4 will not play PS3 Discs, the only way for you to play PS3 games on your PS4 is when the cloud service is available, you buy the PS3 game digitally and then play it on your 4.

So if you buy diablo 3 for ps3 and get a ps4 later, you will have to buy diablo 3 again either on ps3 digital, or the actual ps4 disc.

After that last sentence, that kinda makes me think that any characters made on ps3 now will transfer over to ps4 since you can play the d3 ps3 version on the ps4.

this post has lots of 3's and 4's =)
Blizzard is really trying to keep their mouth shut about this. I to would really love to know if this transfer is possible. If so i'm buying ps3 version as soon as it comes out on ps3. PLS Blizz answer!!
06/12/2013 09:06 PMPosted by LoS
Not sure if its been asked yet but when the ps4 version comes out will I be able to transfer my ps3 character to ps4? If not guess ill just wait till it comes out for the 4.

06/13/2013 12:57 PMPosted by robodrew
Similarly, I'm curious if people playing on the PS3 version will be able to play with those playing the PS4 version. I'd like to play with my stepfather, who has a PS3 (as I do), but I plan to get a PS4 eventually and as much as I enjoy D3 I don't want to end up buying THREE versions of the game.
We don't have further information to share about either of these questions at time. Once the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo III is further along in development, we'll be able to offer more insight on this upcoming version of the game.
I honestly doubt that they will let you do this. Think about it, Blizz could make up to 180 bucks off of the same title, doubt they would pass up that opportunity. I say wait for the PS4 version cuz by that time more content would be added along with launch. Lets face it even though they say they will try to keep up with patches and such, but prolly wont be as often as the PC version because they would have to go through sony and microsoft first. Just my opinion.
Did you watch the PS4 launch? One of the biggest features is to have a PSVita be able to switch a game back and forth within seconds. D3 was one of the titles to be able to do this for sure. I have never played the PSVita and I am not sure if that is not something you can do with a PS3 and the PSVita. If you can't get answers, then hold on to your money until you get them. Even if that takes someone else that has a disposable income or is in the know and can verify this for you all.
This question needs an answer before PS3 version launches, or I'm not buying PS3 version.

If the answer is Yes you can transfer characters, I will buy both the PS3 version and the later PS4 version.

If the answer is No or No Answer Given, I won't buy the PS3 version and then by the time they finally get around to releasing the PS4 version I'll probably be busy playing other stuff and no longer interested. (which I'm already annoyed about being delayed anyway, though I know Blizzard is famous for taking so long to get games done that most of the people who were first interested are now in nursing homes : )
I think if you buy the digital version of Diablo 3 on your PS3 from the PSN store you should not have to buy it again on the PS4 as Sony is linking your old PS3 account to the PS4. Nuff said. I hope Blizzard is not cheap in this fashion or I will quickly stop buying their products as they would be ripping me off for 2 copies of the game and only getting better detail on the PS4.
Not sure on this, but as seeing they're different platforms I'd say no as the saves are local from my understanding. Not sure how they'd be able to do a usb upload conversion to the new system. Of course that blue response is going to be vague as vague can be as Blizzard probably has no clue when the PS4 version will release and doesn't want to scare off buyers who get it on the PS3 and are getting a PS4 also.