200k = Viable mp10 WD. Not exactly! IMHO

Witch Doctor
I think that the 200k benchmark is a lil high. I'm am sitting at 178k and I do very well. In fact I have ppl inviting me quite often.

Imho I think there should be more emphasis on vit/life for us CoB docs. When I had 55k life i struggled at times. Now with 80k life its smoooth sailing 99% of the time.

Just throwin it out there, feel free to add your thoughts guys.
Yea when you are crtting for 2 mil with 170k sheet dps there is no real necessity to hit 200, the only thing it does is make more efficient clearing times.
Right on! EHP thread! Pro-EHP.

I wonder how fast it will take for the 400k EHP WDs to come in here and say stacking EHP over DPS is unnecessary and that they don't need to because they have frightening aspect and leet stutter stepping skills.

Oh and call those who stack EHP noobs.

;)
06/12/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Freddyk79
I think that the 200k benchmark is a lil high. I'm am sitting at 178k and I do very well. In fact I have ppl inviting me quite often.

Agree. Once you leverage on the high damage skills, survival and keeping the DPS uptime is important.

If budget permits, the more of everything the better :)
@op

It's as good as saying. I can take 30mins to walk from point a to b. While another chooses to run at the same route taking only 15mins.

At the end of the day.. everyone's perception of viable.. feasible.. or even efficiency is different.

Oh Ya I agree paper dps != edps.
I'm sitting at 173k DPS and I have such a hard time even on MP8, but I do only have 60k HP (561k EHP)
06/12/2013 08:43 PMPosted by muz
I'm sitting at 173k DPS and I have such a hard time even on MP8, but I do only have 60k HP (561k EHP)

Should try some CC spells, I'm rockin MP10 with 41k hp and minimal deaths
I started doing mp10 at 100k dps.

I honestly dont know what people are talking about when they give minimum number requirements. If you can do it, you can do it. congratulations.
Yeah it just depends on your overall gear. And I think wd is kinda tricky compared to other classes since you have spells like hex and mass confusion that makes things much easier.

You can be around 160-170k dps and still kill most elite packs in under 20 seconds, especially if you are using CoB.

I can go more pure dmg and get just under 240k dps, or go mostly ehps and have 170k dps and most of the time the 170k dps feels easier, especialy if you're doing groups and you're mostly just buff bot.