[Official]Barb Hangout Thread #2 -Lets Build

Barbarian
Prev 1 11 12 13 20 Next
Updated. I won't be home to update the one tomorrow I think.
Keeping this unburied.

I have had Déjà vu plenty of times. Nothing I can think of that is really memorable as the situation is typically pretty common (going out one night and feeling like I had been to all the places before, and/or feeling like I've had the same exact conversations with the same people; sometimes even if had not met them yet). I'm sure there are some more memorable moments, but trying to recall them is like trying to recall what happened in a dream. I wish I could hook up a machine to document what happened in my dreams on a software program. Especially the REALLY good dreams, if y'know what I'm sayin'.
Good morning.
QotD: Ever experienced déjà vu? How did it feel like and what was it about? If you never had then how do you think it feels like.

No, cant say I have ever experienced it.
QotD: Ever experienced déjà vu? How did it feel like and what was it about? If you never had then how do you think it feels like.

No, cant say I have ever experienced it.
I like your sense of humour Mr Khan

Edit: it's not Mr Khan is it? Khan was a title, like King.
Hi
Sup xxxkan.

I have had déjà vu. I take it as I am where i suppose to be kinda thing. it's happen several times. cheers bud. back to the work grind.
Most awful meal? I'm not terribly picky and I eat weird things by choice. Home cooked I'd say anything with an over abundance of olives or cottage cheese, not a fan but will eat.

Restaurant is a close tie. The Keg ruined a simple steak/shrimp and veg. I pointed out it was a wedge cut and that the thinner end was horribly overcooked and the thick end was undercooked. They took it back and then I tried my shrimp, rubbery like it had been reheated and the veg were so raw (ordered steamed) that I swear they just sprayed them with hot water. They told me I was wrong, I walked out. Was a fancy night with a miss as well :(
Moxie's is the second and the service was 10x worst. Soggy nachos (they managed to fix that), mostly raw chicken wings, and tequila sunrises that tasted like dish soap. How do you $&@# those 3 things up. After sending back 2 plates of wings, 3 drinks and a heated argument with the cook AND waitress I poured my drink on the floor while staring them in the eyes and walked out.
QotD: What was your most awful meal? Care to describe it?

Wife made some oatmeal one morning, she thought she would make it healthier (like oatmeal needs to be healthier...) and added rice bran. Don't know if you have ever had rice bran, but I wouldn't try it.

Bad meal number 2. Nice restaurant, went with customers, had the Copper River Salmon (cant remember if it was Chinook or Sockeye). Took forever to come out, everyone else was almost finished when it arrived at the table. Driest piece of fish I had ever tried. Sent it back.
Uber which Keg was it? I will make sure to never go there. I actually haven't been to The Keg in so long.
10/16/2013 05:51 PMPosted by xxxkan
Uber which Keg was it? I will make sure to never go there. I actually haven't been to The Keg in so long.

It was back in Alberta I haven't been to one in BC yet so your in the clear. Don't even know if I would go to one here in BC seems to be 100x better selection of fancy places.
can't beat:

bells 2 hearted
dogfish head 90 minute
magic hat #9

they're all great at what they're for
My sister-in-law made these crazy good stuffed mushrooms for thanksgiving. I love holiday food!!! I always gain weight this time of the year.
@Soldier

I hear you,,, I have been eating and drinking for 12 hrs straight! Tomorrow it's the gym for me!
The thread... It's ALIVE!
At least 3 lbs of Bacon wrapped turkey
A couple servings (platefuls) of greenbean casserole
Freshly baked bread which I promptly injected with gravy
Mashed potatoes wrapped around a block of cheese
And finished off with apple pie and ice cream.

14 hours later, im still full.

(No peppers :P)
11/29/2013 03:39 AMPosted by RagingKoala
At least 3 lbs of Bacon wrapped turkey
A couple servings (platefuls) of greenbean casserole
Freshly baked bread which I promptly injected with gravy
Mashed potatoes wrapped around a block of cheese
And finished off with apple pie and ice cream.

14 hours later, im still full.

(No peppers :P)

Oh god, I'm hungry again lol

I have around 10 tuperware containers in the frig full of left overs.
Bacon wrapped turkey wins. I'm sitting on a ton of turkey and ham but that's got nothing on RK's fixings... Dang
10/16/2013 05:40 PMPosted by GenghisKhan
QotD: What was your most awful meal? Care to describe it?

When I was a kid, one time mom made brussels sprouts. I hated them so much, I spit the last one into my milk. Mom saw it floating in the milk...ruh roh! I still hate the smell of those nasty vegs!