[Official]Barb Hangout Thread #2 -Lets Build

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
Because it's not like the comic book/Christopher Reeves superman.
06/26/2013 06:08 AMPosted by LegitBeastin
Because it's not like the comic book/Christopher Reeves superman.

Is it worse than the last one? Because that film was, at least in my opinion, a major letdown.
I thought Man of Steel was really good...

I agree that Superman Returns was a letdown. I watched it in the theater with friends and I remembered not even wanting to finish it. Total snoozefest!

Man of Steel, on the other hand, actually did a much better job than even the Christopher Reeves movies of showing a back story and explaining things. I'll admit that some of the technology was a little...weird...but it wasn't a big deal. They did a great job showing Clark dealing with his powers and how they affected his life. I think it was a much deeper movie than past Supermans have been.

And then we have the action! It was superb (pun intended)! I will definitely be watching the sequels as long as they stick with this story line and actors. I really enjoyed it.
And then we have the action! It was superb (pun intended)! I will definitely be watching the sequels as long as they stick with this story line and actors. I really enjoyed it.

Good. I normally avoid movie critiques for these kind of films because critics normally bash them, just for the fun of it.
Good morning my fellow barbarians.
Mornin'

Man of Steel had a lot of clever subtleties going on and everyone who hates it(Philistines..) hates it for same reason/s. "Comic book superman wouldn't of done that! 0/10"

I thought it was great.
I plan on seeing it. Also, I have no idea if I'm the only one who isn't "cool" here, but I have literally NEVER read a superman comic book and have no intention of doing so, so I don't really care if it accurately displays superman from comic books or not.
06/26/2013 07:28 AMPosted by tomcruise
I have no idea if I'm the only one who isn't "cool" here, but I have literally NEVER read a superman comic book and have no intention of doing so, so I don't really care if it accurately displays superman from comic books or not.

I only read "The Death of Superman" because a friend had it. I wouldn't care either way TBH. A good movie is a good movie. :)
I'm gonna go see it again in IMAX 3D tonight
Morning.
06/26/2013 08:21 AMPosted by LegitBeastin

IMAX is the only way to watch a good movie IMO. The 3D didn't add much to it though...
06/26/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Zaknaril

IMAX is the only way to watch a good movie IMO. The 3D didn't add much to it though...

3D adds a lot..... of headaches specially if you wear glasses.
06/26/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Ravlaor

I wear glasses. I don't know that I've ever gotten a headache but I don't like how the 3D glasses feel over my prescription glasses. 3D can really be awesome on some movies (Transformers 3, Tron, and Avatar come to mind) but it wasn't really that noticeable in MoS.
I'm going be skipping Superman but I want to watch the Jamie Fox as president movie.

Re: IMAX 3D is such a rip-off. Our local AMC advertises itself as IMAX3D, but it's just a tad bigger than a standard screen. I read somewhere that there is no IMAX standard so theaters have too much leeway in calling their screen "IMAX." I'm sure there are plenty of real IMAX theaters but I'm guessing the vast majority are really not much bigger than standard big screens.
Re: IMAX 3D is such a rip-off. Our local AMC advertises itself as IMAX3D, but it's just a tad bigger than a standard screen. I read somewhere that there is no IMAX standard so theaters have too much leeway in calling their screen "IMAX." I'm sure there are plenty of real IMAX theaters but I'm guessing the vast majority are really not much bigger than standard big screens.

It's definitely better in Tulsa, OK. It's not just the size of the screen that makes the difference. It's the projection technology, sound quality, etc. I've watched tons of movies both ways and I refuse to watch a good movie any other way than IMAX.
You're forgetting the IMAX sound quality silly phatty.

06/26/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Ravlaor
Not for me(Yay) even though I do wear glasses but I do know some people who get headaches from 3D.
I just can't wait for the DB destruction style of the fights in MoS....
Anyone here gonna/has seen Monster's Uni yet?
06/26/2013 09:36 AMPosted by LegitBeastin

I actually really want to watch that.
06/26/2013 09:36 AMPosted by LegitBeastin

I think the wife and I are taking the kids to see that soonish...