murlocket farming

Items and Crafting
I didn't even know it existed, I was just vendoring magics (blues) then ran into this amulet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-murlocket

I got one with dex and life regeneration. Then I tried to farm one. It should drop in the sewers on any mp from Moontooth Dreadshark. The map is quite small, it shouldn't take to long to see if you rolled a map without the monster. This will happen up to 15 times in a row !!!

After something like 60 attempts he micaulously spawned 3 times. After that the spawn rate was like this:

So far it didn't drop. Will report back when it finally drops.

Did anyone else find a nice one? Can they even be nice?

Google shows one with all res, one with fire res, one with vitality.

They all seem terrible lol

I want one for my magic dh.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gaby-2194/hero/13575318

(it has 2 equip sets, not sure how long it takes for the magic equip to show on the profile)
I'm not certaiin but the Murlocket was an Easter Egg Special and I do no think it drops anymore
Its drop try mp3 inferno get five stuck and then go to caldeum canal [sry bad engrish]
take's me alot runs to get one :)
Do people even buy this crap amulet? What is the point of it?
06/29/2013 11:27 AMPosted by DRON

Peeps love the little Murlock pet that follows you around which is one of its affixes.

If you played wow you would know that the Murlocks are endearing characters.
06/29/2013 11:27 AMPosted by DRON

i sold 2 for 1 million each
Its drop try mp3 inferno get five stuck and then go to caldeum canal [sry bad engrish]
take's me alot runs to get one :)

You think stacks are needed?

*edit*

After something like 300 runs not finding it the amu dropped twice in a row.

Anything seems possible with RNG lol

The stats are:

4% extra damage as poison
218 dex
95 intel
825 globe bonus
+1 creature

98 str
30 physical res
1234 globe bonus
+1 creature
When this amy was released it was going for about 200m on AH. When people found out about this quick easy farm it dropped to 50m. I have sold quite a few Murlocks. Last one I did sell was for 8m. I don't know how much these go for now as I don't farm these anymore. I have like 3 in my safe I should just get rid of lol.
They come with different level requirements. I have a lvl 51 Murlocket, one level 59 req and annother one that is lvl 60 req (on my dh http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gaby-2194/hero/13575318 )

....When people found out about this quick easy farm...

I dont know how easy it dropped back then but I wouldn't call it a quick and easy farm. The spawn rate of the monster is really weird, I've had 10+ maps without it several times. It seems to drop one in 20-30 spawns.

Without stacks you dont get much experience and killing elites (without stacks) slows you down. I think it is probably most interesting to farm these amu's if you don't have good equip to farm inferno on a reasonable mp. Then one could even earn some millions doing this on hell.

I'm mostly interested because I'm making a magic character and this is like the godly magic item ~lol~ My dex crit damage amu does 10 k more damage but it doesn't look so nice. It seems I really need 100 dex something crit for it to be worth using.

I had one question.

What does "One of 3 random magic properties (varies)" mean?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-murlocket
have 4 now, non of them are any good compared to a magic amu with dex and crit damage.

218 dex
95 intel
825 globe bonus
+1 creature
lvl 60 req

98 str
30 physical res
1234 globe bonus
+1 creature
lvl 51 req

101 str
130 dex
77 intel
1122 globe bonus
+1 creature
lvl 60 req

97 str
152 intel
816 globe bonus
+1 creature
lvl 59 req

Assuming a random magic stat can produce 2 stats (useless things like intel+str) I think it gets only 1 random stat out of 1?

If the item level is only 54 the lvl 60 req must be from the enchantment.
Just contributing some more data:

Found one today, took 96 runs. Moontooth was there 26 times.

Most of my runs were inferno mp1, but I happened to be on mp4 when i found it. Not sure if that matters. I forgot to look to see how many NV stacks I had when it dropped, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 5.

I read somewhere that Murlockets weren't listable on AH, but I was able to list mine and then find it by searching.

Doesn't appear to work on follower.

Magic (blue)
+4% poison damage
97 dex
186 vit
+848 life from hglobs & pots
grlrgglgll
req lvl 60