PS3 or XBox 360?

Console Discussion
I really want to get the console version. However I'm new to this so...

Question: Which is better the PS3 or the XBox 360. Which do I want to go buy?

I don't want the XBox One and I think Microsoft stated they were going to continue maintaining the 360.

PS3 though I think Sony has no plans to continue with that so would have to then get the PS4, so um?

I'm looking for fellow players opinions on PS vs XBox please. What are the pros and cons? Not whether I should or should not get D3 Console. lol

I realize these are just opinions but that's what I'm looking for. I really want D3 on a console. May or may not play anything else. lol

Thanks
Hello,

For me the only reason why i should buy an PS3 over an Xbox360 was years ago because of the blu-ray player.

Most of the time the ps3 is used for movie player here (blu-ray).
If i had an blu-ray player (what are not that expensive anymore these days), i probably got an xbox 360. Because my brother in law has one too with hundreds of games :o)
ill personally buy it on the PS3 the helm looks good
Pros for Xbox 360:
Better friend lookup
Party chat
If you like cod you get early dlc
Better online services
Cons for 360:
Charges you monthly
System breaks almost every year
They do not help out when the Xbox cracks and scratches the disk to be unplayable
They limit the number of households your account can be at
Pros for ps3:
Faster
Blu-ray
The controllers come with rechargeable batteries Xbox does not.
There is almost no noise
Free online
If you pay for online they give you up to 15 free full games
Cons of ps3
Awful friend hub
No party chat
System does freeze every now and then but not too bad.

Hope this helps you.
PS3 = Free Online Multiplayer
Xbox360 = Pay to Play online
Pros for Xbox 360:
Better friend lookup
Party chat
If you like cod you get early dlc
Better online services
Cons for 360:
Charges you monthly
System breaks almost every year
They do not help out when the Xbox cracks and scratches the disk to be unplayable
They limit the number of households your account can be at
Pros for ps3:
Faster
Blu-ray
The controllers come with rechargeable batteries Xbox does not.
There is almost no noise
Free online
If you pay for online they give you up to 15 free full games
Cons of ps3
Awful friend hub
No party chat
System does freeze every now and then but not too bad.

Hope this helps you.

PS3 is actually slower than the Xbox 360.

It's GPU is one series behind the Xbox 360.

I've been making consoles games on those platforms for 8 years, trust me the PS3 is a pain in the backside to make stuff for and it's frustrating when your level runs at 30fps on 360 but only gets 27fps on PS3.
whenever games are released on both consoles I always buy them for the 360. For one I find the controller more comfortable, and it's useful to be able to install games to the harddrive (so you get a practically silent console) and as other's have said the friends hub stuff is generally better implemented.

more than that I find the visuals on 360 are much clearer, and the only thing I can attribute that to is the 360's hardware scaler versus the PS3 software scaler.

the flipside is I tend to buy any 4 player split-screen/co-op games on the PS3. and the reasons are it's easier on the PS3 for a friend to just fire up a controller and join in (on the 360 you have to create profiles etc) and also I';ve found the batteries in the dualshock controllers just last a whole lot better than any of the rechargeable battery packs for the 360 wireless controllers. nothing worse than having everyone around for some FIFA (or D3 co-op) and then hunting around your house for 20 minutes looking for controller batteries.

at the end of the day the catalog of games (bar a few exclusives) are very similar, so my advice would be buy whichever of them are cheapest.
Thank you all very much!

This is very helpful. :)
I'm struggling with this question as well.

I like the 360 controller more, but I have more PS3 controllers(for friends).

360 online is seen as better(so I'm told) but I very rarely play my consoles online.

Graphicly they look pretty much the same from the vids I've seen(no surprise).

PS3 gets extra preorder things.....bah I don't know!
When I made the call to get a 360 over a PS3, it was primarily because XBOX Live is so much better than PS3's online system. This was before PS+, so I'm not sure if I'd make the same decision today.

I think it all comes down to whether you want to play with friends online and which system they have.
xbox 360 ps3 i think i will get both one for the xbox one for the ps3 and one for the ps4 when it comes out
ps3 cuz xbox just sucks.lol
PS3 since you can use multiple characters from the same account for multiplayer. On 360, if you wanna play multiplayer with friends that have never played before they need their own accounts and characters.
07/12/2013 02:19 PMPosted by AntBriWes
PS3 since you can use multiple characters from the same account for multiplayer. On 360, if you wanna play multiplayer with friends that have never played before they need their own accounts and characters.

Mainly this. Also the PS3 receives more exclusivity bonuses like easter egg items and pre-order bonuses.
ps4!!! haha no seriously tho maybe ps3. ;)
This is an hard choice. I have both console PS3/X360, but i'm still undecided, because both have pros and cons.

Perhaps i will prefer slightly X360 version for better gamepad and.....but Ps3 version have free multiplayer.......meh.
Ps3 faster? Um compare ps3 to xbox saved to the hard drive. Ps3 loads slower and plays choppier on almost every game except exclusives. Break every year? Speak for yourself sir I take care of mine and never once had one break since release day. And uh the ps3 trash controller vs xboxs perfect pad?
Cmon now. Xbox hands down.

Edit let me also add the free multiplayer I personally do not see as a bonus(way better support for service that costs and if they f up we say WTF we payin u get on it. Meanwhile ps3 takes their sweet damn time to many times i sat there wanting to get online to the point where I wish I had the option to pay for a better service). Ps3 has been hacked(to the point where it was down for several days and peoples credit cards were in jeopardy). It goes down a lot. The horrible mandatory installs that take as long if not longer than xbox save to hd and it is not even fully installed so it still spins the disc. Dude I can go on alllll day why xbox blows ps3 away. And who the hell pays 10 a month for xbox???? You canget year cards for as little as 30 bucks thats under 3 bucks a year for a way way better online experience. Should I keep going

My ps3 gathers dust until the nephew and nieces come over I let em do w.e the f they want with it. It's a nice blu ray player and like others said that was my major decision maker as blu rays were mega pricey back then and worse quality. It's also ok for the few amazing exclusives (last of us anyone?) but it stops there. If you got a choice and own both its 99% of the time xbox wins.
The ONLY reason I would go PS3 over 360 would be the in-game exclusives. But honestly. You will only use those for a few levels anyways before you need to upgrade and are no longer visible on your character.

The Xbox 360 controller is so much more comfortable. In almost every case the Xbox runs the same games smoother than the PS3. Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Oblivion. Just to name a few. PS3 suffers from a bit more stuttering. Not always but in some games.

The argument for pay to play online versus free is just ridiculous. As a poster stated above it costs virtually nothing. The service is so much better one XboxLive.

Pros for the PS3. More JRPG's. Only reason I have one. Oh the graphics has the ability to be slightly better.

The statement that it's more of a pain in the !@# to have friends play with you that don't have profiles on the Xbox is true but honestly. How many strangers do you expect to have at your place come over and play D3 with your.

Obvioulsy I am more biased towards the Xbox360.
I always viewed the PS3 as the "poor man's gaming system"

So I guess if you're strapped for cash go PS3.

EDIT: The Xbox does seem to break more often. I have gone through 4 since release. It hasn't been problem since they release the slim version that most people should have by now,

Never had the RROD. My disc drisc always just went out,
Another console war...
Ps3 hands down, don't need info to back it up, its just better in every way known to man.....do i win the console wars now?