There is no story at all.

Lore and Story
Even D1 has better story than D3.
Agreed, sadly. Wouldn't say none at all, but childish, and repetitive.
actually,
there is too much story that is tossed at your face that u need to spacebar/escape every 5 mins.
and the story is not too enjoyable imo :/
@Mustakrakish

Diablo 1 cannot possibily have more story than Diablo 3.
Its a sliver of what happens in the history of Sanctuary.

You might not have a fine eye for Lore, which granted not many do, but to say that there is no story when you dont even bother to look for it... is a bit ... well i'll just leave it at that.
Browse the forum, read a few posts, you'll see there is plenty to read about and learn.

Try asking questions, perhaps you'll find out that there is a very deep story behind it all.
I'd be glad to answer any questions myself.
@Mustakrakish

Diablo 1 cannot possibily have more story than Diablo 3.
Its a sliver of what happens in the history of Sanctuary.

You might not have a fine eye for Lore, which granted not many do, but to say that there is no story when you dont even bother to look for it... is a bit ... well i'll just leave it at that.
Browse the forum, read a few posts, you'll see there is plenty to read about and learn.

Try asking questions, perhaps you'll find out that there is a very deep story behind it all.
I'd be glad to answer any questions myself.

He means depth. There is more depth, character, and thought to Diablo 1 storyline than Diablo 3. This game's story feel shallow, sloppy, and written by and for an 8th grader. There are some redeeming persons (such as the Necromancer in his random event, and the lore books you find) however they do not form a cohesive story -- just attempts to bandaid a gashing wound.