itemization - Blizzard afraid to step on anyone's toes

General Discussion
I feel like if they could redo itemization from scratch and spend 1 year on it then we could have itemization that is actually fun. Unfortunately, they can't upset the people who have "invested" in their current gear so they're restrained from making radical changes (e.g. nerfing crit damage & crit chance by 90% to make room for more interesting stats and procs). Adding a ladder season and throwing all existing characters into non-ladder would be a way out, but they can't have the players who don't want to start over feel like "2nd class citizens" when they play non-ladder.

I wouldn't mind them making millions happy at the cost of making thousands infuriated. Someone has to lose.
I agree.
06/27/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Krine
I wouldn't mind them making millions happy at the cost of making thousands infuriated. Someone has to lose.

That's kind of bigoted opinion, since these days only minorities have rights!
06/27/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Krine

Who frustrated exactly?

Unfortunately, they can't upset the people who have "invested" in their current gear so they're restrained from making radical changes (e.g. nerfing crit damage & crit chance by 90% to make room for more interesting stats and procs).

That is a stupid idea. What difference it make? Just force the players to spend money to re-gear, or quite. The later is more likely to happen in today situation.