You don't need a mode

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 25 Next
07/03/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Prology
Settle down i'm not undermining your credibility. I just suggest you play with the SF mode you have first. We all are SF until 60 for the most part so your 53 might not apply. But do what pleases you, that's the main reason we are all on here, we enjoy aspects of this game.
Very well, I concur.
We are all here to enjoy the game and by our discussion improve on it.
I can very well understand if you disagree, but when it goes to insults it's simply destructive.

the hell???....

I've been saying that for the last nine pages.

You've been slapping oneliners along the whole 9 pages sprinkled with a few attempts of more advanced trolls.
It makes me laugh when I see people contesting self-found modes so angrily.

Just as with Hardcore, even if it's implemented, you don't have to use it... whether or not it's included literally has NOTHING to do with you. So shut the !@#$ up.
07/02/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Bael
This has to be the funniest topic ever! lol I'm pretty sure this whole "self-found" idea was started by a very clever troll and very few people have figured out the punchline. As I understand it, players feel that they need a separate game mode to play without using the auction house so that they can have a special designation (look at me, look at me!!!) and an increased drop rate. Umm... I'd like to find better stuff too and I'm guessing that no player ever has said, "I sure wish I didn't find so much good stuff while playing this game. I wonder if Blizzard would nerf the drop rate...?" So, if you've been tricked into believing that the only way to play is "SF" then, quit complaining, and do it. You can't complain that the game isn't challenging enough and that the drop rate isn't good enough at the same time. If it was easy to find equipment rivaling the best on the AH, how would that be different than having access to the AH?!?!? Ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh; I too appreciate a successful troll. :P

Well said good sir, well said.

You don't need a la mode. Pie tastes better without ice cream.

ice cream tastes better without pie ;D

Just as with Hardcore, even if it's implemented, you don't have to use it... whether or not it's included literally has NOTHING to do with you. So shut the !@#$ up.

It's an honest discussion dude, so relax.

BTW, what on earth can you kill in this game in inferno with 17k life?
07/03/2013 01:42 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
If you disagree with SirRight enough times, he just puts you on ignore

Pretty sure that's what happened to me.

It's a pointless discussion. It's akin to me complaining about the design of a Chevy Malibu when I drive a Dodge Avenger. It doesn't affect me, so who cares? Complaining about people wanting a self-found mode is the most retarded argument currently happening on these forums.

Also, I can kill quite a bit. Gloom is a wonderful ability...
07/03/2013 01:42 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Bombus, you're new to these forums. We've been at this for weeks ... the same absurdity over and over and over again by the same 7-8 people. What do you want me to say that hasn't been discussed repeatedly. If you disagree with SirRight enough times, he just puts you on ignore and keeps spewing the same crap.

I've had the same discussion, but with others.

There's no point in writing some random derogatory stuff to a guy who even ignores you, it's just senseless.
If you got nothing to say, don't say anything until you come up with something. It's not a chat you know, it's a forum.

When you heavily disagree, it's even better to just let go. You'll never convince someone who strongly disagree with you that you're right and even less so if you use insults.
Noone else will be convinced either, it only look hostile.

It's a pointless discussion. It's akin to me complaining about the design of a Chevy Malibu when I drive a Dodge Avenger. It doesn't affect me, so who cares? Complaining about people wanting a self-found mode is the most retarded argument currently happening on these forums.

I have to check out your build, DH takes skill for sure and I have yet to touch the surface of mine.

Would you feel the same way about this discussion if they got their way and Blizzard diverted resources to this new mode, also improving the drop rates in that mode, while all the other modes have been waiting just as long and would have to wait even longer or even never get it (drop rates) after Blizz added them to the SF mode?

Other than the badge which I originally thought was a joke, without better drop, SF can just play the way the game is and use LFG to find parties of other SF players.

I have to check out your build, DH takes skill for sure and I have yet to touch the surface of mine.

Would you feel the same way about this discussion if they got their way and Blizzard diverted resources to this new mode, also improving the drop rates in that mode, while all the other modes have been waiting just as long and would have to wait even longer or even never get it (drop rates) after Blizz added them to the SF mode?

Other than the badge which I originally thought was a joke, without better drop, SF can just play the way the game is and use LFG to find parties of other SF players.

My build is nothing special, really. I'm a glass cannon and I use Gloom to stay alive. Not exactly a model everyone should use.

Anywho, the assumption that Blizzard would add SF instead of working on something else is both baseless, and likely untrue anyway. Even if they decided they would add a self-found mode, they would likely do it long after itemization, likely releasing it later next year (depending on when they decide to work on it).

Nobody has suggested Blizzard stop working on itemization or class balancing and add self-found mode RIGHT NOW. And even if they did... do you really think Blizzard would do that? The idea of it is absurd.

There is no good argument against self-found. It's a personal choice that players want to be able to make. If somebody doesn't want self-found, they can simply choose to ignore it. All other arguments are based on a speculation that can't/won't be proven.
07/03/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Prology

You should, it's pretty cool but you need good spirit regen to spam stuff as much as possible.
It got very good crowdcontrol and pack a decent punch although the dps is very low.
If you want an awesome dps build, it's gonna take some miracle gears to make it..

Edit; Oh, you're talking to someone else :-) But do try the build though, it's good =)

I sincerly believe it would be a very good addition to the game so I'd feel very good about them working on it.
I don't think it would take much effort, but it's always hard to do stuff.
I would feel no guilt about them having diverted resources towards something I think would help the game.
And I'd be thrilled to play it, I'd book 1k hours right now if I could ;)

I'm sure some kinda badge would be cool enough for me, I'm not picky about how it should look like.
Anywho, the assumption that Blizzard would add SF instead of working on something else is both baseless, and likely untrue anyway. Even if they decided they would add a self-found mode, they would likely do it long after itemization, likely releasing it later next year (depending on when they decide to work on it).

I do see your point, and yet Blizz reacted to forum posts in the past to nerf classes instead of buffing others and I really wish I would have countered those arguments then, but I never thought the few people complaining would even get listened to. It's always the sqeaky wheel that gets the grease.

I think that's why so many people are countering everything these days. Not just SF mode, but Barb Nerf, Wiz nerf.

They need to fix itemization first, then DH class, then some kind of DC protect for HC, by that time you have console and expansion out, then do whatever to SF.
DC protect would be easy. "But that'd make the game into competitive chicken hack ala PoE!"

As opposed to everyone going max def regen tank?

DC protect would make more HC builds viable, get more people playing aggressively, and cause more legit deaths as a result.

The truth is both self found and the nerf happy mentality stem from a desire to drag others down to the bottom. Crab bucket syndrome. After all you can play SF now, they want a separate mode so that 20k DPS can be held up as a virtue. It's a gearcheck game dude, SFers are gonna auto lose. Same for anyone else who won't open their wallet. I also auto lose.

If you want to show off your leet video game skills having a D3 character with any quality of gear is not the way you should go about it.

how can i kill in this game with my elete kills?

I click a mouse.
No. I DEMAND RECOGNITION for a NO SKILL mode that 100% reliant on LUCK with the RNG. And i will complain as much as possible until i get it.

I want it NOW and I want you to stop all higher priority fixes and content enhancements. Listen to mr NOW or I will complain more
No. I DEMAND RECOGNITION for a NO SKILL mode that 100% reliant on LUCK with the RNG. And i will complain as much as possible until i get it.

I want it NOW and I want you to stop all higher priority fixes and content enhancements. Listen to mr NOW or I will complain more

Keep that steam up! We'll surely get the SF mode sooner for it =)
And it will be possible to play it skilled as well, rest assured.

Pause video and take me serious!