Putting the range back in DH.

Demon Hunter
Steady Aim
As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 400%.
If there are enemies within 5 yards, all damage is decreased by 50%.
why not make it 200 yards ^^
No seriously. The melee classes get a 30% melee damage reduction. So we should get a ranged damage increase. IMO steady aim should and achery should be an innate passive like the melee reduction, something that is inherent to the class, not something you should waste a skill slot on.
I think the damage bonus is a bit high, but I would love that steady aim would in fact be a base passive skill, like the barbs and monks damage reduction bonus.

When I use steady aim, I have a hard time maintaining mobs at more than 10 yards, so I rarely use it, but a damage buff would be of great help yes.
Steady Aim should be a "free" Passive, and increase it to 30%. So they get their 30% DR, we get out 30% DI.

Even with 30% Damage increase whenever there aren't any mobs within 10yards, it's still hard to maintain that 100% of the time until you have sufficient "skills" to do so.
06/26/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Chrizzle
it's still hard to maintain that 100% of the time until you have sufficient "skills" to do so.

Player skills can be developed in about a week or less if the player is serious about steppin. With that said it's not for everyone.

Actives will need to be used as C/C .. one to two slots. So a few discipline spender and hatred spender will need to be tweaked for more on time / increase proc. rate / AoE.

Bola thunder ball on stuns one mob with a 30% chance .. FFS... come on.. it should stun main target 100% and AoE targets 30% chance. .. Don't forget the mob density increase.. We need alittle to control them.

Right now it's either over power the mobs or get over powered.. DPS is the biggest and most favored CC as it is the only one that's effective.. Agree??
Suggestion

Tweak Thrill of the Hunt passive so the cooldown can be reduced (e.g. cooldown reduced on kill etc).

Create a new Legendary Item for whatever slot (maybe a new legendary quiver so there's some competition with DML; not a troll legendary either, like not having crit chance etc, basically similar to DML's stats but no fixed vitality roll, no skill modifier, and 18-20% IAS) with the following affix:

- Immobilized enemies take an additional 50% damage
Right now it's either over power the mobs or get over powered.. DPS is the biggest and most favored CC as it is the only one that's effective.. Agree??

I agree to this.. Well.. I don't see anyone really using Acid Strike of Bola, maybe change that to something like.. SLOW chance or something.. ANYTHING just to change that rune XD

Suggestion

Tweak Thrill of the Hunt passive so the cooldown can be reduced (e.g. cooldown reduced on kill etc).

I suggested this already but people shot me down since they said it'll be OP.. I still think having something like that WILL make us really play on RANGED.

Suggestion

I suggested this already but people shot me down since they said it'll be OP.. I still think having something like that WILL make us really play on RANGED.

For those of us that play long and mid ranged sure, but I'd bet that most everyone else would still continue to do what they're already doing, but instead they'd know the monsters wouldn't run out of their tanking zone.
Well if steady aim was changed to reduce damage when monsters are near (when a bow is equipped) then no DH would tank anymore :)

I mean, even Legolas switches to a danger when the orcs get too close. No one is seriously going to use their bow as a bludgeoning tool like Green Arrow, that's just stupid. Ok, make it so that when a bow is equipped and monsters are close, like 1metre in your face close, then you stop shooting and start bludgeoning at 30% weapon damage.
And to stay on topic, the Steady Aim buff would be pretty cool to any of us that enjoy having range between us and the monsters. However, per usual, I'd again bet that most players would just stick to whatever gives them the most external reward with least resistance.

As it stands right now, the same loot that was gonna drop, still drops whether you killed the monster at mid/long range or pointblank.

Pointblank is just the path of least resistance to most players, and they'll continue to play that way regardless.

06/26/2013 09:40 PMPosted by The47thSen
Well if steady aim was changed to reduce damage when monsters are near (when a bow is equipped) then no DH would tank anymore :)

Some people wouldn't be to happy about that.

I'd take it on as a challenge, and would enjoy it.
06/26/2013 09:32 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
For those of us that play long and mid ranged sure, but I'd bet that most everyone else would still continue to do what they're already doing, but instead they'd know the monsters wouldn't run out of their tanking zone.

Exactly.. changing Thrill to reduce cooldown of the said passive per kill is a win-win situation for EVERYONE may it be ranged or tank builds..

06/26/2013 09:40 PMPosted by The47thSen

What if.. they do something like..

Steady Aim
+50% Damage when no monsters are present on a 10yrd radius. If any enemy is present in a 10yrd radius, -10(20?? 30?)% Damage.

Heck.. increase the +xx% Damage altogether or something.. I know the -% DMG is really big.. but it WILL force you to play Ranged ;) It's both good and bad. Oh and.. combine it with "Thrill of the Hunt"

Name it.. Steady Hunting.
+50% Damage when no monsters are present on a 10yrd radius. If any enemy is present in a 10yrd radius, -10(20?? 30?)% Damage. Critical Hits have a chance to root/immobilize monsters for x Seconds.

With a flavor text of.. "I was running towards the Demon Hunter, then I took an arrow in the knee"

EDIT: I just made it 3 skills in 1. trolololol. Pierce the Veil(of sorts) + Nova(ish) + Crit Mass
Bola thunder ball on stuns one mob with a 30% chance .. FFS... come on.. it should stun main target 100% and AoE targets 30% chance. .. Don't forget the mob density increase.. We need alittle to control them.

Bola thunder ball would be a must then, but I like it.

Name it.. Steady Hunting.
+50% Damage when no monsters are present on a 10yrd radius. If any enemy is present in a 10yrd radius, -10(20?? 30?)% Damage. Critical Hits have a chance to root/immobilize monsters for x Seconds.

With a flavor text of.. "I was running towards the Demon Hunter, then I took an arrow in the knee"

Nice one haha. Love the text.
It might work.. its a high-risk high reward passive me thinks.. not that high risk though XD