Monk
1 2 3 5 Next
Thought this would be pretty fun topic.

What is the theme/motto of your monk?

Survivability?
Face wrecking?
Face tanking?
High mobility?

You must have some sort of theme or motto for your monk, right?

--------------

For my main monk,
it's the sustainability. I don't like dying even once. I would rather have a balanced facetanking set up that takes couple more seconds to down a pack than a glassy set up. That's why I love rocking Dual LS set up on my main monk.

For my 2nd monk,
Nirvana. It's just geared to drop the bells using our nirvana. And I just like wall of light rune more than pillar even for group runs. Call me selfish, but that's how I like it with my 2nd monk. Wrecking the #^$% of everything. And I don't mind dying with this guy. I actually enjoy getting to die with this.

For my HC monk,
I always wanted to have a S&B monk that works like a Skorn/TR/Bell monk. Slow APS set up that takes advantage of spirit regen to throw down bells as my main dmg dealer.
All of the above for me :)
I want my monk to move fast, kill fast and tank just about anything that comes my way. It is trying sometimes to figure out a good balance but I think I am happy now, gave up the single LS... lost some dps but the survivability is invaluable. I really want to do this with a dashing/bell build but my main is just not built for bells, I picked this main with cookie in mind =\
Tank'n'Spank (%
my motto is
Either

'Follow me' - Gotta give them a reason to follow you in public. Straight DPS, survivability, and group buffs do the most but I try to be courteous; and definitely not too courteous ; ) Oh and spread the wealth around. I still go by the d2 policy for the most part. If its a friend without question, they get their MC drops.
AKA -- duality
'Get to Ze Choppa!'
I don't like even voting to kick someone when it's not based on their attitude but hey, not everyone belongs to mp10 I don't go there with all my characters when they out DPS.

That or

Sad Clown Bad Monk / Are you flexin?
+1 for laur ..
SC, I always went with "budget effective sustain". Basically: maximizing the amount of EHP I get back each second while fighting, on a rather limited budget. The main metric is what MP can I generally play on with minimal deaths. I cleared VotA and a Keywarden run on MP-10 solo with no deaths and kinda stop playing after that. (I think that was before level 63 crafting and DEs)

HC, there's really only one goal: Survival. The metric I've always used: the max MP that I can kill everything and complete all the content solo. (sans ubers - they're their own special thing, not really on par with the rest of the MP. Generally, you run them in groups and can probably do so on a higher MP anyway)
Oooooh I like where this topic is going.

Good posts so far!
"I wanna go fast." It's about speed for me. I wanted to play a more mobile character after putting up almost 80k elite kills on my WD. Threw together a TR monk for DE farming and am loving it so far. Flying through mp5 vota in roughly 3 minutes. I expect the the mp level to raise but the times to remain the same as I gear up.
Thought this would be pretty fun topic.

What is the theme/motto of your monk?

Survivability?
Face wrecking?
Face tanking?
High mobility?

You must have some sort of theme or motto for your monk, right?
For my monk, I tend to play her as if she's a swift, focused hero. If she had a theme it would be around high mobility, and if she had a motto, it would be "You can try to catch me if you can, but once I meet your gaze, you'll wish you hadn't risked pursuing me."

What about you?
07/23/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Vaeflare
What about you?

The theme of my Monk is "Be Water, my Friend"
On topic:
The theme of my monk is --

I like to think of my monk as one of the characters from Dragon Ball Z. I zip around super fast dodging hits then charge for a while and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM blow up the world!

I often stand up after a particularly awesome double-elite-1-shot-bell and mime a charge up into a MASSIVE EXPLOSION ... it makes me feel awesome.

I also REALLY like the divine or angelic sub theme so if you can imagine Bahamut 0 from FF7 ... that is pretty much how I imagine the mobs see my Wave of Light.
For reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmO9NOFHfo

^that is basically my monk.

--
Oh. My. God!

This is the first blue post I have seen in our lovely monk forums!!!

Hello Vae!!!!

<3

-Druin, the happy monk
Oh. My. God!

Hello Vae!!!!

<3

-Druin, the happy monk

Second for me.
And yes Hello Vae!
Burn it with fire.

But seriously my EHP with defensive stats arnt that great, i rely 90% of my survivalbility from good positioning, clever play, and hitting the mobs REALLY freaking hard using my life steal to keep me going.
Posted by Vaeflare
What about you?

The theme of my Monk is "Be Water, my Friend"

+++++++++1 epic Bruce Lee quote
Oh. My. God!

Hello Vae!!!!

<3

-Druin, the happy monk

Yes. We do seem to be lacking in Blue posts in these forums.

Hi Vaeflare! Thanks for posting in our little forum. There's a good chance that just this act may attract to our community more people from General Discussion and others who do not usually post here.
for a long time I was going for a strongbad look with the shenlong mittens. but I could never find an appropriate mask to flesh it out. blue, tell devs, we need a strongbad mask! come on fhqwhgads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNcStdF_Ok

now...eh.... maybe vacuum cleaner? hoarder? for all the white and blue items he decides to pick up in battle when he should be punching something.
Oh WOW

Blue post!!! Welcome, Vaeflare!
Blue Post!

For my monk I seem to go with the Theme Jack of all trades, master of none. Every day I seem to have a different build and I can't decide what I like best. I'm not a huge fan of switching out gear besides weapon and maybe an SOJ. I seem to be constantly balancing gear to switch out the least possible when I switch from Skorn to dual wield. My kill times seem to always be the same regardless of build...
I have 4 monks. Each was supposed to be a different gear set and build, but good gears are so stupid expensive, I ended up having to share. They usually look more like a nudist colony as a result!

Rhenka: Speedzilla. 2H/Passive spirit TR/FF +++mobility. This might be my fav. Very relaxing. Just sit back, hold one key all day long, move at speed of light, wait for leg ping.

Azek: Undecided. prob a balanced DW combo cookie or a 2H LS/Palm Backlasher tank

Stunbunny: Stunner/Tank. Blinding Light bells OR LTK stunner. LTK builds will see the light of day with itemization!

Cyclonyx: Cyclone Striker/Support/Tank.--used to be 2H, now I love DW ZDS so much, and see so much potential, I'll probably stay ZDS here. Also runs -19 CS spam builds--best troll builds in game!
Couch: Sit back relax TR/Bell +++boobility.
Hello!

the Blue post made me ALMOST log in, then the Bruce Lee quote pushed me over the edge!

my theme is obvious, for anyone that knows me!

MITIGATION & REGENERATION. sometimes i go make a cup of tea while standing in the middle of a mob at mp10. i like to come back and i'm still alive and unscathed!

also big into mobility. i'm actually going to drop Serenity for Dashing Strike too. zoom zoom zoom