Philanthropy Station Part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 21 Next
07/23/2013 03:31 PMPosted by DeathScream
time to start up a hc party?:D

I'm down!
I have a para27 monk and a para5 wiz, plus some lower lvl HCs- I have a boatload of extra saved (mostly self found) gear for all levels- even some sweet redlvl stuff and a sweet spectrum

I do love me some HC so you know I'm down
Here is our official time table, it's fully editable by the community, please don't mess it up. If you KNOW you will be playing at a certain time on any day of the week put in your BT in the key for whatever time you want, the more ambitious players in our group will be able to seek you out IG faster this way if we have nothing else to do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ds29HiYHlxN8I2XE32u58Fi2zymBoO7uNg0HkR0us5I/edit?usp=sharing

My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/runit_3
I'll leave it broadcasting unless I've got full party, easier to put in requests/talk to multiple people in the chat room there than IG.
***My Xsplit is having some difficulties loading, I'll try to get the bugs worked out and keep it live while I'm playing. Also IG lag has been ridiculous this week, sorry if you were looking for it to be up***

Are we still using this Google Doc and Twitch channel? I was just curious. I haven't looked at either in weeks...LOL
Keep up the great work, everyone! Your philanthropic spirit is inspiring!
07/23/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Thanks! We're on our 3rd thread (if you include the 1st giveaway thread) so I think we're here to stay :)

The Blue posts are like delicious candy :)
I'm up for some hc runs. Just finished inferno with wd. Seems to have made it thru act4 better than barb did. Time to paragon him up now.
07/23/2013 05:49 PMPosted by OlDawgPops
I'm up for some hc runs. Just finished inferno with wd. Seems to have made it thru act4 better than barb did. Time to paragon him up now.

Hey bro- definitely check w Isolation, he is our resident awesome WD in HC!
I definitely have to give a shoutout to Prology, over the weekend he (she?) gave me a plvl on my barb, then once I was 60, set me up with a Skorn, Blackthorne pants, and IK chest! Totally in debt over here.

Hey Vaeflare, thanks for stopping by! Is there any way that you could give this thread a sticky and/or extend it indefinitely? It was kind of a bummer when the last one reached its limit at 50 pages.
07/23/2013 05:21 PMPosted by marmoset

Candy and cats for all! =^_^=
07/23/2013 06:09 PMPosted by WordMaster

Hey Vaeflare, thanks for stopping by! Is there any way that you could give this thread a sticky and/or extend it indefinitely? It was kind of a bummer when the last one reached its limit at 50 pages.
While this is not the sort of thing we generally sticky, I've greatly extended the post-cap, so you should be set for quite awhile to come. :)
While this is not the sort of thing we generally sticky, I've greatly extended the post-cap, so you should be set for quite awhile to come. :)

Woooot! Thanks Vaeflare, you rock!
07/23/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Vaeflare

this is excellent
07/23/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Candy and cats for all! =^_^=

Vaelfire, you are now not only my favorite Blue but also my favorite Blizzard employee :)

07/23/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Vaeflare

And this was awesome- so thank you very, very much from all of us!

(and props to Wordmaster for suggesting this!)
07/23/2013 08:23 PMPosted by marmoset
(and props to Wordmaster for suggesting this!)

Agreed. Nice to see other Philanthropists getting involved. Good times!
Can I request a power level? Wanting to try out a WD as I have been given a set...I have hellfire ring and should be able to acquire a Cain's set or if someone has one I can borrow that would be great. I will say it will be from scratch and only expect a little boost here and there :)

Thanks!

Sure you have many people coming to you for help. They could get the same help if they read the forums and learned how to farm efficiently. There are plenty of articles on these subjects in the forums. Let me also be frank about this. Most of the people you are helping just want something for nothing. True not everyone can put the same amount of time in this game I have. Helping a lazy person that can get someone else to do something for them is not helping them at all.

All this being said. If I see a homeless person on the street begging for money, if I have any I will buy them a meal. This is helping someone.

Perhaps you are helping the community. If you can truly call it one. Your altruistic views are certain to be applauded by some. I stress the word some.

mmm, I was going to put a 90/10% disagreement on this but I'm going to go full-bore 100% disagree. While I understand the homeless person metaphor is fairly accurate for surfing trade channels or popping into random pub games, I've never felt that way about this thread. Randomly seeing a person in trade or IG is in effect driving by a homeless person standing on the side of a freeway on-ramp, but the people who come into this thread have gone out of their way to read the "if you need help come here!" sign, they've put some effort and thought into seeking out answers or goals they need help with, so I give them credit where it is due.

I'm not sure why the altruism comment irks me, but it does. I'm personally not looking out for anyone's well being, this isn't a social justice type of gig for me. I view it as if someone has taken the time and put in the work, but just can't seem to get ahead (whatever their reasons may be) I am more than willing to help out said person. Now, if they were holding up a sign (or spamming a trade channel) with "Hey! Someone give me a manticore!" I wouldn't respond, because as you have stated that's not really helping the person - that's just giving them something they want with no stated reason. I don't want to help someone out for one thing and have them disappear, it would be nice to continue on with some kind of semi-regular dialogue and play the game, doesn't always happen but a majority of the time it does.

For the pessimists who disagree with that sentiment and view others in this gaming community as beneath them for either being ungrateful, lazy, or ill-equipped - it must be lonely on top.

i agree, its more about giving something back for me. ive played hardcore for like 1200 hours haha, i know what its like coming into inferno and having literally NOTHING, standing around with level 57 boots.
so if i can spend 5-10m gold on someone to help a little bit, then its worth it to me to help someone enjoy hardcore as much as i have. i make a point not to just GIVE someone a sack of gold, i look at them, find some of the weakest points and spend a fair amount of gold upgrading those slots. this can often mean the difference between farming act 3 hell, and mp1 inferno.

this isnt charity for me, im not tossing money into a cup so they'll leave me alone, im buying them a suit to get their first job.(many offer to pay me back, which is very polite, but i would rather they pay it forward and help someone else when they reach their goals)

all that being said id like to say thanks to vaeflare for increasing the post cap, glad to have your support (and dat candy/kitties)

id also like to say i make an effort to always have slots in my friends list (and i mean no offense if someone gets deleted after ive helped them, i mostly only keep people i actively play with), and i clean it out once a week or so. so feel free to add me if you need a hand in hardcore, be it advice, questions, comments, need some gear. im also quite active on the hardcore forum boards
my time is pretty limited this week it appears.
I have no power at work, we had some big storms last night, so I'm posting from my phone. I probably won't be on much.
Hi all, I'm going to offer any help I can to all the Witch Doc's out there. Any questions regarding builds, gearing or getting some free gear feel free to add me. I love the idea of this as I myself have been doing giveaways on the WD forum. Thanks to all that have been doing this already, great thing for the community to have as a resource.