Shared Paragon Rewards = "Account Paragon"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
08/02/2013 10:15 AMPosted by DoomBringer
-Aside from Magic Find and Gold find, individual stats should not be shared. (Primary stats)

pretty much this
well, I would like a new stat that can unlock my character name be labeled under my portray in-game in multiplayer games. that would be a big improvement to the game as one of the rpg elements.
- Would you like to see shared stats?

- What stats would you like to see shared?

Nothing shared. Paragon levels should be a vehicle for sorely needed character customisation for an individual character, and nothing else.
Only magic/gold find.

The purpose of plevels is to create a time sink and an incentive to play a char past 60.

The reason people don't play other chars is because they loose out on mf/gf.

Therefore, make mf/gf global so there is no disincentive to play other characters,

while making it so you need to plevel them up to get more stats, giving an incentive to play those chars past 60.

Or remove/greatly reduce mf in the game.
Feedback on what you'd like to see in a shared Paragon system is very much appreciated, and I encourage everyone to do so if you feel like it. There is a lot of potential in a system like this, and personally, I'm very excited about seeing how the new Paragon system turns out. Here's a couple of example questions you can ask yourself to help get you started.

What I want is choice. As in, I want to be able to assign my own attribute points as I see fit. At least the attribute points gained by para lvls. This would open up niche builds, as well, it would break much reliance on that mandatory feeling of having to use gear with specific stats.
Feedback on what you'd like to see in a shared Paragon system is very much appreciated, and I encourage everyone to do so if you feel like it. There is a lot of potential in a system like this, and personally, I'm very excited about seeing how the new Paragon system turns out. Here's a couple of example questions you can ask yourself to help get you started.

I'm far from P100 on any character, however I don't wish for my 1st P100 character to be applied to all my others. I like to have something to grind for, more than gear and kills. If you wanted to apply MF across all characters that would be fine, but not the primary stats.

I like the idea/feeling that each character is growing in power as I play it. If I get my barb to p100, and then start playing my monk, I want my monk to feel like he's growing in power and not be granted everything my barb earned, especially HC. That would be a de-motivator to play my monk, if he was granted all the rewards from playing my barb.
Maybe players after reach paragon lvl 100 (or every 10 paragon), they made skill points with gained expriences.

And with those skill points we can grow our skills or runes, or only skill runes grow further.

for example barbs skill: bush-punish can stuck up 3 times 5 secconds. after skill points punish rune can stuck up 5 times, or normally 3 times 5 secconds to 6-7-8-9-10 secconds for each skill point.

blue responnded thread in EU
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7860526392?page=1
movement speed and pickup with paragon....... woot!!!!!!
Yes, more incentive to level paragon now. I like OP's idea
I don't even know that I like the idea of shared Paragon levels. Part of the fun of Diablo 2 for me was starting over. I don't know why. Getting to the point in Diablo 2 where you'd just be farming was fun, but the farming itself wasn't fun unless there was a goal to be had. Diablo 3 has no goals. Crafting in Diablo 3 just doesn't do it for me like runewords. There are no big goals in Diablo 3. Everything comes from money and feels like a monumental grind.

Maybe some of the things we thought were just bad game play mechanics are what made Diablo 2 so much fun (stat points, skill trees, picking up other class' skills from items). Finally getting the last rune in Silence and then crafting it was always a big moment. Dol Eld Hel Ist Tir Vex!
While we have a request for input from blue about this topic, I want to express how dumb I find shared paragons. I don't play my wizard anymore because I hit the level cap (I've probably played him <30 hours since hitting PL100). You really want me to stop playing all my characters? Rethink this through.

The long term solution is to make leveling mean something.

Sorry whoopadeedoo, but I can only assume you didn't read my OP and just saw the thread title.
What I'm proposing isn't strictly shared paragon levels, it's shared paragon rewards.

So that means that each character will still be able to level P0-P100, but there will be an accumulative "Account Paragon" bonus depending on how many total Plvls you have between your characters.

So this in fact would make leveling mean something as you are continually building your whole roster of characters by leveling to Account Paragon 500. It would encourage players to roll alts and reward them for doing so, the system as it currently is makes rolling alts undesirable as you lose those great MF/GF bonuses.

As an example to clarify what I mean in my OP: You could level 5 characters to P50 and you would receive all the Account Paragon bonuses of P250;

-10% Movement Speed
-4 yards to Gold Pickup Radius
-350% MF/GF
A question:

Does the extra bonuses only affect the characters that are P100 or do all characters, even the level one character, receive these?

The former sounds quite interesting but the latter would be too powerful. You probably explained this well enough but I read OP twice and just wanted some clarification.

Good question SirRight, I should have made that clear in my OP.

The Account Paragon bonuses I'm proposing would only apply to Level 60+ characters.
The idea of shared Plvls is good, however I feel having to level 5 Characters to get the best rewards is too far out of reach for the more casual players such as myself. Don't read that as me saying "I want the best stuff immediately and don't want to work for it", but it would be nice for the goal to be reachable at least.

As it stands right now, My monk is Plvl 62, it's taken me a while to get her that far, and it's going to take awhile longer to get to P100, but I can get there. It's achievable. However, getting five characters all to Plvl100 at this rate would take a couple years, and by then the game will have probably changed and I might not even be playing anymore.

So my idea is this, go for shared Plvls, but make it so all your Level 60 characters are equal Plvl.

Let's say you get a monk to Level 60. Then you farm for a while and get your Account Plvl to level 12. So you'd get the 36% MF/GF. Then you switch to your Level 60 DH. Your account still has those 12 Plvls, so your DH gets the 36% MF/GF. This encourages players to invest time into other characters without discouraging players such as myself with unobtainable goals.

To balance this out, I think the curve for gaining Plvls should be adjusted. Right now it's too easy to hit P100 with classes like the barbarian and then use the benefits for the other characters. So adjusting the curve to make it take longer will help with that.

Now, some people are going to complain that they want better bonuses with paragon levels because it'll take longer now. It may not seem like it, but the MF and GF bonuses do actually make a large difference when you get a high Plvl Character compared to a low Plvl Character. I feel that MF/GF is a good bonus to have as a reward for gaining Plvls. With the new itemization patch coming and with the Plvls being account wide they may have to tweak the amount you gain to balance it out, but I think that should stay.

Adding different bonuses such as pickup radius and movement speed I think is a bad idea. It will cause too many issues with builds, gear, and co-op play. Let's go through them.

Pick-up radius: Wouldn't be an issue really if it was just gold pickup, but since health globes are involved as well, you have to consider co-op play, and how having a huge pickup radius will affect other people you play with. If you're picking every health globe up as soon as it drops, it makes it harder for others when they actually need a health globe at a certain point in the fight. Adding pickup radius onto your gear isn't that hard, you only really need it on one piece to make it more bearable, and it's a cheap affix.

Movement speed: I know a lot of people want this as a bonus for Plvls, but I just can't bring myself to agree on this one. Having MS as a bonus would mean one less desirable affix on our gear. And since so many people keep complaining about not enough desirable affixes, taking away one like this would be counterproductive. What I think should be done though is a slight increase in the MS cap. We don't want to make it too high though, because then people would start putting MS on more gear slots, which would mean any piece of gear in those slots without MS would be worthless. So only a slight cap increase. Maybe 30% at best.

All Res/Crit Dam/Crit Chance etc.: Again, removing desirable affixes from gear, bad idea. Also, game is easy enough as it is, do we really need these to make it easier? If you can grind out to Plvl 100 to get extra CC or CD as a bonus, you can probably afford to gear yourself up to at least 100K damage already.

This is why I say that MF and GF are great bonuses as they are for Plvls. They're not really affixes people want on their gear. Taking them off gear and putting them to Plvl was smart because it allowed us to use the affixes we wanted to use.

So these are my thoughts on the shared Plvls, sorry for the long read. Leave your thoughts, I'm always open to ideas.

TL;DR Don't add other bonuses for Plvls, make Plvls account wide and adjust experience curve accordingly.

EDIT: As well, make it so only level 60 Characters can add to and gain bonuses from Plvls, otherwise levelling new Characters would be too easy.
Only magic find and gold find should be shared so that we don't feel like we are wasting time playing alternate characters. Other things could be shared too like if we get movement speed or pickup radius boosts with the updated system. However stat points and customization should have to be earned on each character.
+25% Movement Speed
+8 yards to Pickup Radius

both of this means that i dont ever need pickup radius and move speed on my gear. tbh, its great and all but its kinda too OP.

I personally don't think it's too OP at all, if anything it's rewarding the player by giving them viable alternatives for gearing as they don't need to hunt for the mandatory +MS items.

And keep in mind that this is only achieved when you have 5 characters at P500, which is a huge feat that I think is deserving of such a reward.
I personally would just like to see shared MF and GF. It would make leveling alts a lot more fun.
Some other bonuses that could be added, as long as they were minor (Gives dedicated players an edge, but not to the point where people thought it was necessary). For example, the 3% crit from scoundrel is a nice buff, but it's not so large that it discourages me from playing in groups:
- run speed
- small damage reduction %
- small damage buff such as flat % or crit chance

I didn't want to include any direct mitigation or damage output stats as bonuses and rather keep it tied to "Adventuring Stats".

I know that Movement Speed is arguably a mitigation stat but in this case the purpose is to remove the reliance of MS on gear and give the player the option to gear alternatively.
08/02/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Empty1
However stat points and customization should have to be earned on each character.

I totally agree, any type of skill augmentation system should be strictly character specific.
08/02/2013 08:39 PMPosted by LordAnkou
The idea of shared Plvls is good, however I feel having to level 5 Characters to get the best rewards is too far out of reach for the more casual players such as myself. Don't read that as me saying "I want the best stuff immediately and don't want to work for it", but it would be nice for the goal to be reachable at least.

That's a great point and is why I only made the bonuses "Adventure" stats and not anything that would feel mandatory.

Leveling one character up to P100 would still feel great as you earn your account up to a permanent 300 MF/GF for all characters. The further bonuses for leveling other characters are great, but in no way so great as to undermine the value of that initial MF/GF bonus.

Also keep in mind that it's an accumulative total, so if you leveled a 2 other characters to say, P50, it would mean an extra 100 levels towards your Account Paragon total.