Im at 241k dps unbuff and 417k ehp.
Wanted to have a 300k dps unbuff 500k-600kehp
Any suggestion? Thanks in advance and good day
Jon

Hey mr.alpha

Im at 241k dps unbuff and 417k ehp.
Wanted to have a 300k dps unbuff 500k-600kehp
Any suggestion? Thanks in advance and good day

I havent reached the 300k dps mark myself but some areas you can improve on are your ammy, gloves and bracer. reaching 300kdps is almost synanymous to gear perfection already. Might also consider a more dps oriented ring than than unity. OH could also use an upgrade.
Hey there. I'd like you to take a look at my monk as well. I'm 228k unbuffed. I'm looking to ditch OWE, and I've bought a couple pieces on the way to it, but I'm torn as to what exactly I should be looking for on the other pieces. just straight CC/CD/dmg on the jewelry, or some vit pieces, or. I'd like to keep using the Nat's for the bonus. Thanks in advance.
Jere

08/17/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Jerevicious
Hey there. I'd like you to take a look at my monk as well. I'm 228k unbuffed. I'm looking to ditch OWE, and I've bought a couple pieces on the way to it, but I'm torn as to what exactly I should be looking for on the other pieces. just straight CC/CD/dmg on the jewelry, or some vit pieces, or. I'd like to keep using the Nat's for the bonus. Thanks in advance.

I'm glad to see your making the transition as well. OWE-free is really liberating. Still the basics of balance. if you can use sites like d3up.com then you can simulate your toon. targets are 5k armor, 50k life, 500all res, 500k eHP, 50cc, 50ias, 500cd. for me the trick of having this balance is to have 1 item focus on vit so the other items can have other affixes. The bracer is a very nice roll. I have my hp focused on 4 things. Belt, bracer, shoulder and helm. which locks me up to look for better versions of these items with same eHP related rolls. Try to look for boots with vit. It could help out.
Hey mate,

Long time DH player finally giving the Monk a decent go, what pieces would you suggest upgrading? Looking to build an all round Monk also. What skills would you recommend I try out?

Cheers
Kyo
Kyo

Hey mate,

Long time DH player finally giving the Monk a decent go, what pieces would you suggest upgrading? Looking to build an all round Monk also. What skills would you recommend I try out?

Cheers
Kyo

I guess you need to know the builds first before you can really set to buy gear or else it will go to waste. Try to look around the forums first. Usually videos are available here. But if you want standard cookie-cutter. Check page 1 of thread. I edited it to reflect some gearing principles.
Hey mate,

Cheers
Kyo

oh howdy! :D
welcome to the monk foramz!
oh howdy! :D
welcome to the monk foramz!

hey thanks for making them feel welcome. nice set up. :) 300k dps. hows your ehp?
Hey Im interested in your services, im currently running 2h skorn TR build for farming and paragon leveling, but considering shuffling over to nirvana for pubs/ubers, vota runs. If you could build me a set or point me in the right direction, the help would be appreciated, looking to spend 1b, hopefully with some left over ;)

Battletag- Catalyst#1212

-Cata

Currently doing a nirvana set for catalyst. :)
I would be interested in some advice on UG on my current build. I know I have a lot of room for improvement. If you would be willing. Ty in advance either way. Have a great day.
Hi Alpha, I was wondering how much would it cost to make a set to be comfortable playing mp6-8 on a cookie cutter or nirvana build?
Im just starting my monk and looking for pieces.
Thanks
Kyo

Hey mate,

Cheers
Kyo

I guess you need to know the builds first before you can really set to buy gear or else it will go to waste. Try to look around the forums first. Usually videos are available here. But if you want standard cookie-cutter. Check page 1 of thread. I edited it to reflect some gearing principles.

Thanks will have a quick look first.

weegee - I'll hit you up the next time I see you online, keep forgetting you play the Monk, maybe I can scam some items off you like the guys that go 'Got a Dollar bro?'
Del

08/18/2013 09:50 AMPosted by DelDuck
I would be interested in some advice on UG on my current build. I know I have a lot of room for improvement. If you would be willing. Ty in advance either way. Have a great day.

First try to single out the resist you want. Using OWE has it's benefits but it defeats the purpose if your other elemental resist is different on each slot. You should stack one, I'd go for physical resist cause most of your gears already have it. You need to have 500 resist in total, and you need to target 45k life. Add some vit or %life. Your armor rating is good. Try to swap out weapons with slots so you can put emeralds on them.
Henano

Hi Alpha, I was wondering how much would it cost to make a set to be comfortable playing mp6-8 on a cookie cutter or nirvana build?
Im just starting my monk and looking for pieces.
Thanks

I think minimum will be 200-300m. It depends on the items currently listed on the ah as well. But it could go down if you can craft nice pieces on ammy, gloves and bracer.
Hi mate, I have finaly decided I need to ask for help.

I prefer to play tri-gen, but often change builds (stun bells for ubers, cs for parties with a freeze wiz, and other build, but just for fun).

I have 40k health and 91.5% MIT, so that's pretty good, but I would like a lil more health, cc and DPS.
I use 4 weaps:
LS WKL
LS sword
Chd EF, grrrr fear only use vs ubers and some bell builds... And wheni Amin a bad mood lol
Chd axe.

Pretty sure this will be expensive, but that's just the way it's gunna beez.

I do have a separate gear set for solo tr, mp1 runs.

http://d3up.com/b/964540#gear

Although I do have some ideas, I thought I fresh idea would be good.

Golm#1839
Golm

08/19/2013 02:14 AMPosted by Golm
http://d3up.com/b/964540#gear

Oh god, you're the first one who actually posted that here. Really big help. Ill try to review your link later and come up with a (hopefully) good suggestion for you. :)
In game now, if that's easier/ got questions.
FR sent.
Iceman

spite only using 1 spirit generator, Combination Strike will still provide the bonus. So it's a flat 8% DPS bonus for as long as I attack. Not a huge DPS increase but anything is better than nothing. That and I find a lot of the other passives not too interesting.

Ended up rolling a slightly better dps bracer without a huge loss to EHP last night so I know crafting DOES work but will take awhile. Will search for a new helm sometime to see what's out there but I do like at least 1 item to have some pickup range as I find it helps.

IMHO I think that's a wasted passive right there. It's not being maximized. If you're running solo. Pacifism/resolve/guardians path could greatly improve your survivability. Fleet footed could provide great mobility. Can even do Trans or ES to improve spirit pool to kill things faster. One item with pickup radius is an option. Maybe try a better version of that helm?

Fair enough on the passives. I'm already using Resolve which I find does help. Pacifism seems more limited than Combination Strike. Guardians Path seems interesting and d3up shows I would go from 48.71% dodge chance to 56.4% so not sure how much that would help in the long run. Not really hurting too much for spirit to make Exalted Soul worth it but Transcendence seems pretty interesting as I'd get almost 2.5K health back for casting Exploding Palm and 3.1k health back for spamming MoC. That bit of health boost wouldn't be terrible.

Ended up changing a few pieces. Got a new ring/glove/helm and now d3up shows I'll be over 200k damage at p100 (194K damage now, with 102 dex left with paragon levels, it estimates that at 6.6k more damage). Based on these stats, Combination Strike bumps me to 210k DPS as long as I keep attacking. When having MoC: Overawe on non-3 seconds, my eDPS is 256K and the 3 second burst from that is 303K. With all skills/passives activated, I have a 3 second single target eDPS of 537K according to d3up. Looking at it, it will drop me to 241K with MoC only and no Combination Strike. So it's only really getting me ~15K dps which I guess really isn't that much all things considering. May try a few runs with Transcendence to see if that helps or Fleet Footed to get higher run speed if Transcendence doesn't help all that much.

Thanks for the info though. Already slowly getting my char better with Inna's set.
08/19/2013 07:51 AMPosted by IcemanF1
Guardians Path seems interesting and d3up shows I would go from 48.71% dodge chance to 56.4% so not sure how much that would help in the long run.

While guardians path is mob friendly. You really cant dodge poison and desecrator pools. Transcendence is a nice skill if you spam skills like what you said above. Good buys by the way. Not a lot of monk prefer getting to 200k dps with 4pc inna's but you did it. Congratulations. :) If you want to play party hit me up. Then you can try using BoH:BW with GL as passive the DPS boost is enormous. :)