Free Set Building Corner [FULL]

Monk
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
08/20/2013 03:27 AMPosted by AlphaShift14
Guardians Path seems interesting and d3up shows I would go from 48.71% dodge chance to 56.4% so not sure how much that would help in the long run.

While guardians path is mob friendly. You really cant dodge poison and desecrator pools. Transcendence is a nice skill if you spam skills like what you said above. Good buys by the way. Not a lot of monk prefer getting to 200k dps with 4pc inna's but you did it. Congratulations. :) If you want to play party hit me up. Then you can try using BoH:BW with GL as passive the DPS boost is enormous. :)

Thanks! Yeah, once I saw the bonus for the 4 piece, I knew I wanted it. I know I could get higher DPS with different combos but I really like the ability to cast sweeping wind with so little spirit cost to either A) keep it active while hunting mobs and B) if it goes away and I have little spirit I can pop it back up when I first start attacking instead of waiting a bit. I know the snapshot is gone and it's not as important but I enjoy the play style.

I used to use Breath of Heaven at one point but swapped it out for blinding flash since I liked the stun + bigger burst DPS. Might switch back in parties though as I don't really die and my friend could use a healing boost on occasion.

Always up for doing party play with others to see where I really stand as not many of my friends play any more and I've just been doing key farming to help other friends to do uber runs. I'll add you when I get home.
08/20/2013 05:24 AMPosted by IcemanF1
'll add you when I get home.

Sent you an FR just accept whenever. :)

08/17/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Catalyst
Hey alpha. I have the gold for my set but decided to up it to 1.5b to give you more wiggle room. I'm headed to work for thw next 18 hours. Whens a good time for you ?

Almost done with the set waiting for final pieces. :)
I could use help with a set. Dont quite have 1.5 B to spend though.
Right, so if I understood our brief chat the other day correctly, I should:

Replace Nina helm with cc mempo
Replace rare chest with Inna's Vast Expanse with AR.

Tis will reduce my Vit by approx 240, while increasing life percentage by 24%, with I "think" ends up being a net hp gain.
I will also lose sme 500 armour.

Does that sound right?
What would be the next piece to upgrade, does it need a better Vit roll, and where should I try to make up some armour?

http://d3up.com/b/964540#gear
08/20/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Garbs
I could use help with a set. Dont quite have 1.5 B to spend though.

You don't need 1.5b to get help here. Well you have to decide first what you want to achieve. Like do you want to farm a certain paragon level effectively? Do you want to drop OWE? Do you want to reach 200kdps? Do you want to use certain builds like nirvana? Stuff like this will help me point you to the right direction.

As per general advice. First Shenlong's set is nice but I think you can't farm on higher mp's without another life sustain like LPSS. Try to replace your MH with os/ls/cd. Then you can replace your OH as well. While a pc inna set is good, you don't really need the bonus for the type of build you use. Replacing the belt with a WH can net you a lot of DPS (attributes vary depends on what you need). You need better version of the pants too, try to get some vit in there or all resist. Try to get a nats boots (other res or vit) and nats ring too (depends on what affix you may need). If you have fire resist as the primary for OWE then your helm is very nice, if you wish to upgrade it just pick something with >70 all res. The shoulders are nice as well but I think the poison res sucks. If you want to use OWE effectively get one primary resist to stack.
Right, so if I understood our brief chat the other day correctly, I should:

Replace Nina helm with cc mempo
Replace rare chest with Inna's Vast Expanse with AR.

Tis will reduce my Vit by approx 240, while increasing life percentage by 24%, with I "think" ends up being a net hp gain.
I will also lose sme 500 armour.

Does that sound right?
What would be the next piece to upgrade, does it need a better Vit roll, and where should I try to make up some armour?

http://d3up.com/b/964540#gear

Im sorry to say golm but I don't remember the last chat session as well. But looking at your items now. I will use the information above on the link (so we can have it in writing as well).

With your original post I agree that you need more HP on your monk. But when you hit p100 you'll be sitting at 48.4k life, 546 res (599 fire), 6.3k armor. The overall mit is also nice 91%+. So I think the defensive side is covered. The DPS is at 177k, you mentioned that you want more cc, but I think that's fine. 52% is good, you are lacking IAS though. I think IAS should be around 51% and CD should be at 500%. Right now if you are using WKL, when you swap them out with CD EF I know the DPS boost is significant. I personally recommend just 1 LS as I think it's enough. You just need to be more careful with RD mobs, Otherwise you're fine. Have you considered a CD WKL if you're really into the WKL.
can i get a gear check please?
Hi Alpha, I recently had a fellow monk help me up my damage on my monk. Regretfully I am not as happy with it as keeping my EH did not happen. I ended up loosing a lot of LoH, Vit, and resist. Budget is getting tight now, but maybe you can assist with helping me determine what I may need to replace to get to the 200k+ damage, with OwE free and overall raise my EH?

Link to char - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wildcard-1796/hero/12510932
Hey ive been away from the game for about a year, do you mind checking my gear and build and perhaps giving me a few tips, I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Link to my character. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Prete-1865/hero/4070843
08/21/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Spanico
can i get a gear check please?

Armor is too high, you can do away with 400 armor count maximum, that can be ~2 armor affixes on your items. You need to hit at least 500 all res when you get to p100, you're lacking by about 30 (I prefer it to be around 550). And lastly your HP it's too low. When I simulated it in d3up.com it showed 33k and when you reach p100 you get 38k. Try to hit at least 40k HP now and 45k HP at p100 ( I prefer at least 50k HP).
08/21/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Wildcard
Hi Alpha, I recently had a fellow monk help me up my damage on my monk. Regretfully I am not as happy with it as keeping my EH did not happen. I ended up loosing a lot of LoH, Vit, and resist. Budget is getting tight now, but maybe you can assist with helping me determine what I may need to replace to get to the 200k+ damage, with OwE free and overall raise my EH?

Im sorry but what is EH? Are you referring to EHP? Well you have a 3 bases to cover. armor/all res/life. Targets are 5000armor/500all res (i prefer 550)/50000 life. Maybe a rare ring with ias/cc/vit/all res roll that you can replace the unity ring with.Or maybe a wh is like yours with higher all res roll.
08/21/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Prete
Hey ive been away from the game for about a year, do you mind checking my gear and build and perhaps giving me a few tips, I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

The first thing you need to replace is the MH. You need a slotted MH so you can put a gem into it. Try to get ave. damage on jewelry as well. That will boost your dps, if you have the budget go for a nat set combo (ring and boots). Some of those items are cheap now. :) Build wise I say your using standard cookie cutter with bell for burst dps. The skill selections are good.
Can you build me a set when my monk hits lvl 60?
08/21/2013 09:41 PMPosted by WPK107

Of course. What's your budget?
08/21/2013 09:46 PMPosted by AlphaShift14

About 30 mill lol. I haven't played in awhile so I need to farm again.
08/21/2013 10:05 PMPosted by WPK107

Yeah let's get that to at least 150-200m then I'm sure I can make it worthwhile. :)
Thank you for the set Alpha! You are the man! If anyone of you need a set I highly recommend Alpha do it for you. Very informative and kind, and timely! Thanks a million man. Happy hunting.

-Cata
Thank you for the set Alpha! You are the man! If anyone of you need a set I highly recommend Alpha do it for you. Very informative and kind, and timely! Thanks a million man. Happy hunting.

-Cata

Hey thanks for the vouch! Enjoy your set man! :)

Yeah let's get that to at least 150-200m then I'm sure I can make it worthwhile. :)

You got it

You got it

Send me an invite whenever. :)