Imperius Corrupted

Lore and Story
I believe that this what happened may have again been misdirection by Diablo.

If you look at Imperius through the last act his wound seems to be festering/growing.

So, what is more powerful then taking the body of his own daughter bread with a witch?

His possessed daughter taking over the body of what is generally recognized as the greatest warrior in the high heavens.

I think it was all a ploy to get that gut shot on Imperius in the 3/4 cut scene. It seems like diableah could have finished him off. Aimed for the neck to start, gave him a tail shot while she had him hoisted up in the air, bit him with her shoulder mouths, shot that damn red lightening at him, gone after him before cracking the gates etc. She just gave him a ghetto pass and walked into heaven though.

I think that punch was to corrupt/impregnate him whatever.

Not that everyone does not know that He's not a main or last boss in the expansion but I think it will be Diabperius? Imperiablo? A demon angel hybred is a cool idea and brings things kind of full circle. Isnt that what the nephelim are?
No.
I believe that this what happened may have again been misdirection by Diablo.

If you look at Imperius through the last act his wound seems to be festering/growing.

So, what is more powerful then taking the body of his own daughter bread with a witch?

His possessed daughter taking over the body of what is generally recognized as the greatest warrior in the high heavens.

I think it was all a ploy to get that gut shot on Imperius in the 3/4 cut scene. It seems like diableah could have finished him off. Aimed for the neck to start, gave him a tail shot while she had him hoisted up in the air, bit him with her shoulder mouths, shot that damn red lightening at him, gone after him before cracking the gates etc. She just gave him a ghetto pass and walked into heaven though.

I think that punch was to corrupt/impregnate him whatever.

Not that everyone does not know that He's not a main or last boss in the expansion but I think it will be Diabperius? Imperiablo? A demon angel hybred is a cool idea and brings things kind of full circle. Isnt that what the nephelim are?

I thought about this as well after the fact; Diablo is rather cunning and it's not out of the realm out of possibility. Honestly Blizzard wrote themselves into a hole pretty hard with the ending of D3; this might be one of the few viable directions the plot has left.

As for Zero; thank you for the highly intellectual input, valuable as always on these forums.

Yes, Nephalem are indeed the offspring of Angels and Demons.

For Imperius being corrupted.... I think you are onto something.
I'm not sure that the wound had anything to do with it, but Diablo has been toying with Imperius for quite a while, trying to influence him, push him over the edge... i think he might've just done that in Act 4.

When Diablo does something, ANYTHING, its for a reason.
The same reason he didnt kill Tyreal, he needs everyone to be alive to be "afraid", remember dead people have no fear.
More fear = more power.

But i think Imperius does have a key role to play in the upcoming expansions.
I do see us fighting him, he does turn from Valor to Wrath...
He will leave us no choice...

But its all Diablo's master plan....
.... and i beleive... he never wanted to win in Act 4.... it was just another move in his scheme, sure it would have been nice to fully corrupt the High Heavens... but... i beleive he has a few more tricks up his sleeve...

He wanted all the souls in the flawed Black Soulstone... for a purpose... Leah was just another tool like Adria is.
He is too cunning...

Diablo is kinda like Batman... always 10 steps ahead of you ;)
Diablo is kinda like Batman... always 10 steps ahead of you ;)

that would be the joker. joker defeated batman.
08/15/2013 11:55 PMPosted by EremiteAngel
that would be the joker. joker defeated batman.

We are the jokers ;)
In the video titled "wrath trailer" it seems that Diablo knows imperious has a dark side.In the video Diablo and Imperious have a short battle before the council come and save his !@#.In the encounter Diablo talks about Imperious's anger and how he hides"it" from the rest of the council.I also noticed how Diablo didn't seem to put up much of a fight.I think that that whole battle was staged, I think that Diablo put himself out in a weak and vulnerable position to lure imperious into a one on one encounter, with the true purpose of dying by his hand and in a sense corrupting him.He is a prime evil and one that has evaded capture for countless years.he is brilliant and manipulative, for him to only have an army of demons to protect him and for him to have no back up portal is suspicious.
It's clear that Imperius has secrets. I must say though that I really, really hope that Diablo did not corrupt Imperius. I am a huge fan of all Diablo lore, and while I'm not sick of Diablo (the character) or even the Great Evils, I'm really more interested in the game exploring the plethora of other antagonists. Diablo has had his turn, let's move on now.
I dont think Diablo is corrupting Imperius.... he is taunting him, toying with him. Exploiting weaknesses, unravelling his master plan... and Imperius losing his cool is part of it, though i dont think making him turn to Wrath is his "goal".
Imperius, to me, seems like a likely antagonist for the xpac. There are some theories that he will join forces with demons, but given his clearly documented loathing of all things demonic, that seems highly unlikely. I suspect he will, as he has done before (D3:Wrath), act separately from the Angiris Council in some capacity. I'm not sure if it would make sense for him to be an "end boss" type of antagonist. We'll see where Blizzard takes this (if he's involved at all).

Another likely antagonist is Malthael. He's obviously gone rogue and it's even possible he will team up with Imperius. We'll see.

Adria is still a wild card. I think the theories that she may be Lilith seem well founded. She hasn't aged the way she should have from D1 until D3. I'm hoping they tie up the loose end with her.

I'd like to see more fleshing out of follower stories as well!