Kingdom of SOLO - Videos

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
i dont care tbh i think treating this as a competition has failed already

all i want to do is get my teams recordings done, so some noobs can see what a 4bil 4 person setup can do and call it a day

wading into the sh1tst0rm does nothing but get urself dirty
thats just my perspective tho

my understanding was your class wanted to get some dev attention for your class (which is why u guys funded yourselves).
if thats that goal, pursue it as best u can without worryin about what someone else is doing
Snick, the trick is genius, but if you watch video one at 1:46 the portal is open and at 1:56 the player ports to Uber.
I don't think you could leave the portal, go to the center of town, flag to the fight and then port to the Ubers in less than 10 sec.

our monk barely made it but if u watch the monk video and watch the neph stack very carefully u see it goes to 2stacks
sorry for crap quality couldnt be helped
and yes our monk barely got it done in 10s thanks to the portal method

wow I really need help clicking horizontally across a row

Back in the MF swap days I was so pro I clicked horizontally and vertically, mainly cause I was dumb and my OCD made organize the swap gear so it took one side of the inventory instead of taking up just the top row. Having to swap both rings was kind of a pain though.

I designed the gear swapping so that no alt clicking is required to reach maximum crit chance ^.^ with a total of 8 gear peices to swap. Its not that bad tbh~
@Steel, sorry for my confusion.
How great it would be if Blizzard could put these kind of challenges into this game.
It sure seems like the most popular thing going right now.
@Down np at all, i didnt watch many of the videos tbh, so i just wanted to make sure we followed the rules and get this competition done as best as my team can
Good stuff guys! Loved that Sever team work, while it isnt going to help too much in this run, im sure it will make a big difference in the 100% monster clear areas in the next runs and keep your times low.
08/07/2013 11:47 AMPosted by METATRON
Good stuff guys! Loved that Sever team work, while it isnt going to help too much in this run, im sure it will make a big difference in the 100% monster clear areas in the next runs and keep your times low.

Actually using the Sever was a huge help in ubers, it increased the damage done on Ghom and Seige by Exploding Palm immensely. The gearing strategy we took on the DHs, with regards to how glassy we went, is what hurt us the most I think. 100 more AR on the DHs would have made a world of difference, since they each had under 200AR if I remember correctly. I probably went the wrong route on the wiz skills, but I didn't figure it out until near the end of the runs. It's too bad that we ran out time and machines since we had a pretty good grasp of what worked near the end. Our best time was actually the one where Beer and PewPew were totally drunk, Beer ran out of beer and had long since moved on to whiskey, and playing with their eyes closed since it was 5am by the time.
Hehe damn RNG is a botch isn't it?

Still cool videos. Also someone's not like the others(*ahem* pew)
Yes great vids and very entertaining ;)

Amazing to see that you equalised the double WDs on Raka/Ghom using a single target skill. IIRC their times were 34 and 36 seconds and in your first video you got 35 sec. No bombardment against ubers was a bit surprising but double Fire Support sure looks cool.

Looking forward to watching more stuff from you guys.
We ended up pulling the most DPS out of any team that made videos, but the problem was the RNG was a harsh mistress.

I knew that we would lose out on uber times mostly because of how much lower our AE damage is compared to the other teams. Sever and EP helped even that out a bit, but we were still slower. I also knew that the other fights were basically a standing dps target w/ a short run up w/ little danger involved. We geared for those, not ubers. You should see that reflected in our final times.

And as Snickers mentioned, my fault for making the sets so glassy. I under estimated how much RNG was involved with the Magda/SK fights.

However, if the point system remains, no doubt in my mind that we will walk away with the other three times since our single target dps will be way higher than anything the other teams can even come close to and the RNG elements are way lower.

In fact there are only 2:

1. The elite spawn next to Belial. Almost anything will be fine from our testing except lightning + 1 other damaging affix or frozen. So that shouldnt take too many runs to achieve. The elite type is super easy so it doesnt really pose much of a challenge, the rest of the mobs are all melee, so no problem there.

2. elite spawn in core. Again, RNG. No team is going to take a run w/ 2 or 3 elites, so they will be looking for runs w/ 1 elite. Happens 1 in 3 times or so. Just need that elite to not be a PITA and we are good to go.

In fact there are only 2:

1. The elite spawn next to Belial. Almost anything will be fine from our testing except lightning + 1 other damaging affix or frozen. So that shouldnt take too many runs to achieve. The elite type is super easy so it doesnt really pose much of a challenge, the rest of the mobs are all melee, so no problem there.

2. elite spawn in core. Again, RNG. No team is going to take a run w/ 2 or 3 elites, so they will be looking for runs w/ 1 elite. Happens 1 in 3 times or so. Just need that elite to not be a PITA and we are good to go.

In our Azmo/core test runs I'd say that 2/3 or 3/4 of the time is in how fast you clear core. We can burn azmo fast, and if you can kill him 10s faster than us, or even 15s faster, just hope that you cleared core at the same speed as us. I think what's going to make or break those runs is the trash clear, and you're right, no one is really going to take a run with 3. Maybe 2, but hopefully 1.

Diablo is going to be an all out slugfest on a single target, so I'm hoping that 2 BBVs will be able to stand up to the DH crapstorm of damage. Or we can hope you die a lot and get frustrated and throw your keyboard against the wall :P.

GL on your Belial runs. Care to throw out a number you're dealing with to give team monk some extra motivation?
Actually if you need to use the second bbv at all, might as well throw in the towel :p

But seriously, the point system benefits DH far more than other classes since we are the only team that did anything differently. All other teams are using aoe damage either in the form of hota or cob to deal the vast majority of their damage which will give good, but similar times across the board. We had the luxury of being able to go single target or a less effective aoe.

Actually I was surprised that we stayed as close as we did during the uber fights to the other team. Only 40seconds back isn't too bad all things considered. I was expecting to lose by more than a minute there and try to make it all up on the other fights.

I'm still predicting a win if the point system is kept, just a friendly wager, but with combined times, I'm not too sure. It depends on how much we can really shave off the others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxS6GGvQN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-rPfZjfTU

My POV.. with the sexy voices of everyone.
Nice damage output guys.

Maybe with some more ehp for maghda, that portal trick and that extra rng you would have come rly close to the monk teams times.

Waiting for belial vids.
Uhhh, where is the sound on Beer's videos?

I see not much has changed with PewPew...always needing to be Res'd. :p

Can't wait for the other vids!
guys guys, come on, you need to do this in style. Those Andy's are so ugly, make them disappear.

Need some dyes donation from the fashion police?
guys guys, come on, you need to do this in style. Those Andy's are so ugly, make them disappear.

Need some dyes donation from the fashion police?

PewPew needs it to hide his shame at being level 97.
Barbs QQing so hard right now

Glad we funded ourselves

Go DH
08/08/2013 08:21 PMPosted by BeerLeague

Not sure why they are hell bent on perfection
08/08/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Tranquility

Not sure why they are hell bent on perfection

No idea as well. Thats what I was talking about on the general forum thread.

So what? WoTB wears off... it costs you maybe a minute? Post the damn times... no one else was QQing about the RNG that hard.

If we had the time to burn 200+ portals as they claimed to do, we would have found the RNG gods smiling on us at least once. We had the potential to submit times under 5 minutes if everything went to perfection. Everything didn't, I (and the other team members and other teams) didn't whine endlessly that runs ended less than perfectly.

And that was only burning about 40 machines. I probably would have committed suicide had we went through 200 to get a perfect time.