Really Bad Lag

Technical Support
Is anyone else experiencing really bad lag? It is so bad for me I am not really even able to play. It has been like this for the last 2 days now. My speed test is showing 19MB. I am trying to figure out if it is something with my internet, my PC, or battlenet.
Since maintenance ~ 2 weeks ago I've had bad lag - for some reason d3 is eating up more of my memory than it used to. Restarting my comp fixes the problem, but only for a couple hours of playtime and then it starts bogging down my system again. :P
I had a lag problem while playing last night, if we all left the game and created a new party it would fix the problem most of the time. Strangely, if one of us had lag and we all left it could cure it for them but then someone else wouldn't be able to play.
I had a day of it since last maintenance. But yesterday and today have been terrible. Also I tried a PC restart to no avail.
I just logged in and latency was definitely up. It was really bad when I first got in game but slowly dropped back down to closer to what I usually have for ping. I would say this is a problem on Blizzard's end and not the users.

-dolynick
For me it starts with high latency then drops and begins to rubberband. I tried a run earlier and 30 seconds of no screen refresh only to be insta dead when it caught up. I am not sure how or why they are having these problems as I doubt there are that many players strainin g the servers.
i think they have the game warden running overtime to look for bots, hence why gold values are stable
I've been having some bad spikes the last couple days which I never had before.
Yes, I've had lag and disconnects. Some of it is Time Warner's fault; some is not. When I get lag in game, I alt-tab out to check my ping, do tracert, speed test.
same same
say has not log on today but will do in about an hour or so.

anyways, do any of you tried playing at a consistent 290-350+ ms latency? i know it affects CM/SNS gameplay/efficiency/eDPS by a lot but i got to suck it up since i'm base here in the sheikdom of Qatar.

anyways, do any of you tried playing at a consistent 290-350+ ms latency? i know it affects CM/SNS gameplay/efficiency/eDPS by a lot but i got to suck it up since i'm base here in the sheikdom of Qatar.

Several of the Aussie players and Eastern Euro players have the same issue.
08/11/2013 11:54 PMPosted by jenpeezey
Yes, I've had lag and disconnects. Some of it is Time Warner's fault; some is not. When I get lag in game, I alt-tab out to check my ping, do tracert, speed test.

08/12/2013 06:29 AMPosted by pichapie
same same

make sure you all provide trace and pathping data from when you are lagging.

check this post for information.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572777758?page=2#39

yes. i can play with a consistent 150-250ms. however if it gets higher then 250ms then i have found its unplayable.

tbh, its really odd. you would think that up to 300-400ms would still be "playable". granted it wouldnt be great, but still.
no way one can play as cm or ww barb with 300 ms

archon and other channeling skill builds can though
08/12/2013 11:01 AMPosted by pichapie
no way one can play as cm or ww barb with 300 ms

I can :). plevel 83 CM/SNS wiz. first toon to level to 100 was my SnB > WW barb.

can mp 10 uber too but with another CM wiz.
im also getting really bad lag for diablo, I had to update my video card drivers because I wasn't even able to get into it at first and when I finally got into diablo it just lagged, it still is, and I have tried putting all my settings down to low but it doesn't help, how can I fix it?
I'm currently using Razer's Game Booster. It helped a great deal. It let's you kill the processes that you don't want running while playing and it starts 'em up after you exited the game.
b.net seems to be unstable as of last few days, perhaps its been like this since forever but I only noticed this as I got back into Diablo recently. The game stops responding, follower stops following you, mobs stand still, game kicks you out, some timeout B/S error msg, Then the authentication part of the log in process gets stuck. you can't open the bnet webpage. for a few minutes....

this really sucks, my hardcore paragon lvl 10 barbarian died due to disconnect. it only takes one minute of lag to ruin dozens of hours of investment, I really hope they reconsider on the whole notion of online only. because really, this is quite frustrating, to amke things worse for me, 2 out of the 3 hardcore characters that I have ever made, died to disconnect... /sadface
i left the game 2 weeks after release because of all of the issues that seem to to still be here after all this time. i reinstalled about an hour ago while running some christmas errands came back logged in played for 15 minutes lagged into oblivion got agitated and went off to play torchlight 2 a little. the thing i wont ever understand is why blizzard is so stubbornly sticking to online only in a game like this. i wont ever follow the logic. i mean i guess security wise, great, no hacked characters but is it worth all of this and creating an upset player base? i came back beacuse i read alot of positive changes had happened to the game now that interested me. i want to take a look at those changes but until the game becomes at least playable i can not. it is nice to finally be unbanned from the forums even though i was banned for no reason the first time. hopefully things will make a change for the better come expansion time.
My system is crashing/blue screening only during D3. I play hardcore. This is unacceptable.