How to EPIC Fail on a Competition - I.H.W.P

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
Restricting it to 1 SNS and 1 Archon, and then having 2 open slots (can't be the same spec, can't be either SNS nor Archon) seems reasonable and still has some flexibility. Jaetch already touched on a lot of what can be done within the framework of such restrictions. And the way I see it going down is that each team would have at least 2 "top" players in it, and then 1 or 2 other players who might not be as well known within our little community. This could help develop some new and good friendships, help build teamwork skills, and bring more people into the limelight so to speak. There are probably quite a few people who post or lurk around here that would love to play with people like Jaetch, Yoda, Melkor, Boozor, Void, etc. Give them that chance.

I don't disagree with any of that. I think there is a lot of merit in what you're suggesting. At the same time though, we have two members of our community who took it upon themselves to try and organize this thing for our little community forum here. I'm sure they have their reasons and rationalizations on why they have chosen to structure it this way, this time. If they're willing to make further revisions to the rules then great. At some point, since this is their project, I think it's also reasonable to just play ball with them if what they're proposing is fairly workable as it is. It's only been a couple days since this was even brought forward so maybe they feel it's not too late to modify things some more but at some point we also need to allow for a rule "lockdown" so we can get on with it.

-dolynick
There are probably quite a few people who post or lurk around here that would love to play with people like Jaetch, Yoda, Melkor, Boozor, Void, etc. Give them that chance.

I don't think this competition was conceived that way. It was always all-stars to begin with, and the list of participants has mostly gg wizards. I don't see a lot of unknowns on it. Many of the people on the list already play together and even crammed in Mumble one night with 16 in a farm channel. :-O

To make it truly forum-wide is another competition.
08/11/2013 01:53 AMPosted by jenpeezey
There are probably quite a few people who post or lurk around here that would love to play with people like Jaetch, Yoda, Melkor, Boozor, Void, etc. Give them that chance.

I don't think this competition was conceived that way. It was always all-stars to begin with, and the list of participants has mostly gg wizards. I don't see a lot of unknowns on it. Many of the people on the list already play together and even crammed in Mumble one night with 16 in a farm channel. :-O

To make it truly forum-wide is another competition.

^ Pretty much this.

I already have a tournament format laid out for the entire Wizard community that I've used in the past on a private forum I'm a part of that I'll be making a thread about after this competition is done with. If you want a large-scale event that will involve more than just the forum regulars wait for this competition to finish first.
I really dislike the idea of limiting the builds to 1 of each....If we are going to do this, I would say you need to be able to have 2 of each build....

So far all looks great to me.....

I would suggest that we put our time zone and main build, so it can be put on the front page...That way captains have an idea as to whom they are drafting...

eastern usa...sns for me
Guys guys. Please end the discussion about adding, implementing, changing, adjusting rules. Pens and I put a lot of effort to come up with the as simple rule as possible. The rule is rule as it is. Remember, it is All star All wiz completition. It is captains discretion to pick whoever they want. If they want all four cm's then so be it. But you do know that 4 cm's might explode the server and actually might have negative effect due to lag latency drop which will certainly slow your run. Hence for example, I might consider 2cm's in my team, one archon and Ss, or two archons, or I will ask cm to build meteor instead etcetc. That's captains decision and should be discussed among your team members.

And also, I might not really consider whether they are gg or not. I might even want a member who is not a gg but instead show me commitment, dedication and just solid wich who is available most of the time and fit in to my schedule.

So, please please, the rule might not be perfect but it's all finished. Pens and I and others in Mumble read the rule and revised it 4 times. We designed the rule so in the end we can all have fun and ehat it's like to have a team so 4 wizzes.

So thank you so much for your inputs but rule has been drafted and completed.

Now the captains and potential captains just have to think about how they will select the team members.

Hopefully, you get to meet and play with ones you have not encountered frequently in the past.

Again, thanks and big shout out to pens.
It was very difficult to type with iPad...
It all comes down to captains in your team. Captains showing leadership, honesty, and knowing the team members. And just have fun ultimately in the end. Captains will be directing traffic. And may be in the end, we might found out that it was not 4 gg cm's won the competition after all. It could be well played mid range gg wiz team who worked in harmony, knowing the criteria and well thought team with mixture of good skills.
Like blizzard might work b/c now we have all wizzes and will be freezing? Meteor/blizzard/arcane nine combo? We just know that to have a good flow of the game, 4 cm wizzes might not be the best option. All wizzes use mirror image to avoid death in act 4 run? Or wave of force run? We have to form a team b/c because it always has been that lag/latency/ drop has been a main issue with 4 cm's. Hence, coming up with good skill set combo might be something for each team to think out.
08/10/2013 07:54 PMPosted by pensfan080
- Deaths do not count against time BUT any player that dies MUST be resurrected by a teammate – you cannot res and flag to group.

what if a player got disconnected unintentionally?
Why do you want to dictate the builds at all? If a team wants to run 4 SNS wizzes they should be allowed to do it that way. I'd love to see if someone can make that work.
08/11/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Juicehouse
Why do you want to dictate the builds at all? If a team wants to run 4 SNS wizzes they should be allowed to do it that way. I'd love to see if someone can make that work.

Agreed, It should be open to the captains to compose their of whatever builds they want. I think we need to keep the focus on having fun and not winning. We saw what that did to the 5 kingdoms challenge.
I just read Yoda's earlier post... I see this issue has been put to bed already :)
Agreed, It should be open to the captains to compose their of whatever builds they want. I think we need to keep the focus on having fun and not winning. We saw what that did to the 5 kingdoms challenge.

This. There are no build limitations.

08/11/2013 08:05 AMPosted by yems
what if a player got disconnected unintentionally?

Most of the competitions are not a one shot deal only so this shouldn't be of too much concern. If a DC happens during an uber test where you only get 1 shot then, and if Yoda agrees, I'm fine with letting the team start over.

Like Yoda and I have been saying, this is not a cutthroat competition. It's about fun and community boosting and getting the chance to play with some new people. We're going to be very lenient with dates and such.

08/11/2013 01:53 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I don't think this competition was conceived that way. It was always all-stars to begin with, and the list of participants has mostly gg wizards.

Jen - I hope this is not how you truly feel. We put this together with the mindset of attracting all players no matter what their DPS or forum status. It's called all-star wiz because of the draft and team selection process. EVERYONE is welcome to play and we hope they do. Over half my list of participants i've never even talked to in game or on mumble so that in itself is exciting to me and we still have a couple days of recruiting left. The draft will actually eliminate a team from selecting the top 4 DPS guys on the forum. It should be very well balanced IMO.
08/11/2013 01:08 PMPosted by pensfan080
Jen - I hope this is not how you truly feel.

What does it matter? You and Yoda are organizing this competition. The list of participants is mostly extremely well-equipped or top-geared wizards. I said it like it is.

It would be a different competition if the gg wizards were captains only and had to draft from a huge pool of players of all gear levels.
1st overall pick - Jenpeezey
08/11/2013 01:08 PMPosted by pensfan080
We put this together with the mindset of attracting all players no matter what their DPS or forum status.

Does that mean you guys took away the requirement that you had to have at least 3 members with at least 300k dps each on your team? There have been quite a few threads about the competition so it's hard to keep up with everything.
08/11/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Malakai
We put this together with the mindset of attracting all players no matter what their DPS or forum status.

Does that mean you guys took away the requirement that you had to have at least 3 members with at least 300k dps each on your team? There have been quite a few threads about the competition so it's hard to keep up with everything.

i think they should take that req off. tbh no reason for it. if people want a true gg freeze wiz, they know where to go ;) if they want to keep rezzing people in a4, they also know where to go ;)
yes. Only requirement was must have one 200kdps min. please read the rule. Most of gg wizzes put a lot of time, sweat, and effort to where they are. Now time to have some fun with it.
Just change the titles of all the other threads " DONT POST HERE"

Or something, easier to keep track of WTF is going on.
oh boozor pick me i always wanted to farm with you!!!!!!!!!!