Loot 2.0 = Expansion ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
So, I haven't seen this anywhere, but is loot 2.0 coming WITH Reaper of Souls, or will it come before RoS ?
Do we have to pay AGAIN to finally have D3, or can we have the real loot game before giving another 60$ to Blizzard ?
I believe it will come only in RoS, a blue said the Loot 2.0 wouldn't come on a patch.
loot 2.0 will be part of expansion
08/21/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Khaoz
I believe it will come only in RoS, a blue said the Loot 2.0 wouldn't come on a patch.
This is not true. I think L2.0 will come with a patch, AND with the expac.
patch for itemization - xpac for content - yes no
It might come with RoS expansion, but probably not as part of RoS expansion. Meaning it might get released with the expansion, but its for all.

Blizz probably wont care anymore if you get the best Mempo in the world, because its nothing compared to the expansion items.
Many of us have tried telling people over and over for good or ill loot 2.0 will launch alongside the expansion. We were told "Nope! You're wrong! Loot 2.0 will launch before it!" Yup. Told you guys so.
The game will probably be patched the same day they release expansion.. only things you won't have without the expansion are probably the new class and the new act. They can't force you to buy the expansion, and they also can't have non expansion people on a different loot system than expansion people. Lets all just calm down.
Lv.70 items will make all the current lv60 BIS worthless , cash out fast !
08/21/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Vorador
The game will probably be patched the same day they release expansion.. only things you won't have without the expansion are probably the new class and the new act. They can't force you to buy the expansion, and they also can't have non expansion people on a different loot system than expansion people. Lets all just calm down.

I think this makes sens, although I hope the XPack won't take too long to be released because I want to come back to D3, but not before loot 2.0. IF and only IF I can test out loot 2.0 I might think about getting the expansion.
08/21/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Diablerie
They can't force you to buy the expansion

lol it appears they are

http://au.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2013/loot-20-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-6413370/

There's nothing in there that says you won't get the loot patch without buying the expansion. It will coincide with the expansion yes, but you will most likely still get these changes even if you don't buy it.. again, this is a patch to existing content, what you won't get is NEW content provided by the exp, i.e. the new class and the new act. They've done the exact same thing with every WoW expansion they've ever done.
http://www.diablofans.com/#gamechanges

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/7960896792#13

Translation:
Forum user: “It’s likely that when the expansion comes out (or shortly before that) there will be a 2.0 patch.”

Wuluxar (Blizzard): “Changes to the game systems will come in a patch preceeding the release of the expansion – they will be available to all players, including the ones that don’t have the expansion (of course for free).”

So there will be a patch before Xpac! I wonder what are included on "changes to the game systems"
http://www.diablofans.com/#gamechanges

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/7960896792#13

Translation:
Forum user: “It’s likely that when the expansion comes out (or shortly before that) there will be a 2.0 patch.”

Wuluxar (Blizzard): “Changes to the game systems will come in a patch preceeding the release of the expansion – they will be available to all players, including the ones that don’t have the expansion (of course for free).”

So there will be a patch before Xpac! I wonder what are included on "changes to the game systems"

Well, D3 is completely uninteresting to me until the patch is released. And I have a hunch that I',m not alone. As much as I like the game, the endless grinding without significant progress is just boring. I don't even find good items for chars I haven't played to P100 (which I have done with DH and Monk).
08/21/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Mist3rHyde
Do we have to pay AGAIN to finally have D3, or can we have the real loot game before giving another 60$ to Blizzard ?

i think the loot 2.0 will be given to everyone even without the expansion, that wouldnt make any sense for peopel with an expansion to have better loot system XD
We want to implement a lot of the new systems and features in a pre-expansion patch for free. That should include Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, Loot Runs, and Nephalem Trials. For now, you'll need to purchase the expansion to play as the Crusader, explore Act V, unlock the Mystic, and level up to 70. These details may change as development moves along, but we want some of the core gameplay improvements to be available for everyone.
so happy to see that! just made my day!

I'm getting the expansion regardless, but it's nice to know we don't have to wait around to finally get some of what we've been clamoring for :)