Self-found mode

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next

Saying "it won't affect you" is not a valid argument. I am playing this game, D3... changes to this game affect me.

Please elaborate.
08/25/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Phantom
Oh, and while you desperately try to fight a feature request that does not impact you at all (you must be very bored), this guy has a 24 page thread going about removing the very thing you consider the salvation of D3.

When, in this 4 page thread, have I even typed the letters BoA, or BiS?

Ok then. Please enlighten me. How exactly does loot 2.0 == SF.
as its been stated numerous times before...if the loot system is working properly, a self found mode should be unnecessary. To explain further, if items are able to be found and created through the mystic and crafting at a reasonable rate then people should be able to be "self found" and be effective and efficient at playing all mp levels.
08/25/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Aphyrax

When, in this 4 page thread, have I even typed the letters BoA, or BiS?

You can finish the game without using the AH?
=> Smart drop for your class and build
=> Guaranteed legendary item tailored to your class on first kill from certain monsters
=> More BoA crafting are coming (most likely)
=> Mystic to improve your gear (choosing an affix and replacing another one)

Seems like to me that you can finish Inferno MP0 quite easily with those changes.

Isn't that what SF is about -- Being able to finish the game on your own and being able to find upgrade on your own?
Any word on whether self-found will be an official game mode, complete with separate stash and separate games, in the expansion? Self-found would greatly increase the longevity of the game.

Assuming you do add it, please increase the character cap by more than the 1-2 that was recently stated. In fact, just make it very large in general please. In D2 you could make as many characters as you wanted, and that was great for pack rats such as myself.

Lets put self found in "REAL" context since thats what self found is all about.

1) You self-found the money that you used to buy your computer.
2) You self-found the money that you used to buy D3.
3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
4) You self found the money to pay rent every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
6) You self-found your gaming video card, gaming mouse and/or keyboard.
7) You self-found your money to pay for electricity.
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

BTW if you kept up with your reading you would have realized that your self-found mode was made available on the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one. There is no AH so you can self-found in it all you want. Since there is no AH everyone you play with will also be Self-Found (Great for you self-founders) There is also an offline mode so you can self-found all by your self anytime you want! Go play that if you truly want to enjoy a "fake" self-found mode since there wont ever be one person who can answer yes to questions 1-8

Haha this is so post of the year! All you Self-Found fakers need to leave this game since your life is far from self-found.
08/25/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Haltemi
as its been stated numerous times before...if the loot system is working properly, a self found mode should be unnecessary. To explain further, if items are able to be found and created through the mystic and crafting at a reasonable rate then people should be able to be "self found" and be effective and efficient at playing all mp levels.

There are two aspects to this.

1. Being able to compete without the AH.
2. Being able to use the AH to bypass large chunks of the game.

Loot 2.0 from what I have seen so far is largely aimed at addressing the first point. But I don't see any evidence that #2 is addressed as well. Gearing a character through inferno is a large portion of the fun of the game for me. A quick look at my profile confirms this. When I quit I could build a character that can sleepwalk inferno for pocket change. In hardcore.

Because the AH took the non-farming aspect of the game away, all that was left was the rather meager endgame. This contributed to me getting bored. SF would address this.
08/25/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Aphyrax
Without a proper self-found mode, I would need to keep track of which items and gold were found on which character.

Well, do that then.

I would also somehow magically know which games are filled with fellow self-founders.

There's nothing magical about that. Ask them.

=> Guaranteed legendary item tailored to your class on first kill from certain monsters

Seems like to me that you can finish Inferno MP0 quite easily with those changes.

Isn't that what SF is about -- Being able to finish the game on your own and being able to find upgrade on your own?

I could finish the game in 1.03 using only items I found myself. In hardcore mode. That is not, and never was, the point.
08/25/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Without a proper self-found mode, I would need to keep track of which items and gold were found on which character.

Well, do that then.

I would also somehow magically know which games are filled with fellow self-founders.

There's nothing magical about that. Ask them.

And why should I have to? What's it to you?
08/25/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Haltemi

Beat me to it. If you still don't get it, go play console.

Lets put self found in "REAL" context since thats what self found is all about.

1) You self-found the money that you used to buy your computer.
2) You self-found the money that you used to buy D3.
3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
4) You self found the money to pay rent every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
6) You self-found your gaming video card, gaming mouse and/or keyboard.
7) You self-found your money to pay for electricity.
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

BTW if you kept up with your reading you would have realized that your self-found mode was made available on the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one. There is no AH so you can self-found in it all you want. Since there is no AH everyone you play with will also be Self-Found (Great for you self-founders) There is also an offline mode so you can self-found all by your self anytime you want! Go play that if you truly want to enjoy a "fake" self-found mode since there wont ever be one person who can answer yes to questions 1-8

Haha this is so post of the year! All you Self-Found fakers need to leave this game since your life is far from self-found.

Because a game should be exactly like real life, right?

The console version does sound enticing in that aspect, but sadly, Diablo without mouse and keyboard just isn't the same.
Why should I do all this work when Blizzard could support it the right way?

1. Typical. Wanting to be spoon-fed. Being lazy isn't part of the equation here. There are ways. Don't be lazy.
2. Waste of time and resources on Blizzard's part. You're being selfish.
3. You want a SF mode or fresh new content/addressing bigger problems like end-game?

what bot do you run?

I'm quite confused as to what you consider a waste of time and resources when they spent a large chunk of the initial launch working on the AH and not fixing the skill balance, PvP and itemization issues that are all pretty much still broken.
08/25/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Aphyrax
isnt there allready a self found mode? oh yes, its called don't buy from ah..see? problem solved

Without a proper self-found mode, I would need to keep track of which items and gold were found on which character. I would also somehow magically know which games are filled with fellow self-founders.

If you dont feel like keeping track because your being "LAZY" then buy another copy of D3, Dont touch the AH ever. Zero Transactions and your characters. Then you will know your gold and items are 100% self-found and then and only then can you can pat your self on the back.
08/25/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Phantom

Beat me to it. If you still don't get it, go play console.

Again, you act like beating the game SF was hard. It never was (at least after the first set of nerfs). That was never the point.

You still don't seem to grasp why I want SF. That is why your arguments fail. You are arguing the wrong point.
08/25/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Aphyrax

Loot 2.0 from what I have seen so far is largely aimed at addressing the first point. But I don't see any evidence that #2 is addressed as well. Gearing a character through inferno is a large portion of the fun of the game for me. A quick look at my profile confirms this. When I quit I could build a character that can sleepwalk inferno for pocket change. In hardcore.

Because the AH took the non-farming aspect of the game away, all that was left was the rather meager endgame. This contributed to me getting bored. SF would address this.

There will always be a way to bypass content if you want. For example, You find a higher level or better geared character to run you through content quickly. It all comes down to a choice, not a game mode.
08/25/2013 09:49 PMPosted by mat82284

Without a proper self-found mode, I would need to keep track of which items and gold were found on which character. I would also somehow magically know which games are filled with fellow self-founders.

If you dont feel like keeping track because your being "LAZY" then buy another copy of D3, Dont touch the AH ever. Zero Transactions and your characters. Then you will know your gold and items are 100% self-found and then and only then can you can pat your self on the back.

So I should have to spend extra money instead of asking Blizzard to give me what I want? Funny that you side with the billion dollar corporation on that one.
08/25/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Haltemi

There will always be a way to bypass content if you want. For example, You find a higher level or better geared character to run you through content quickly. It all comes down to a choice, not a game mode.

True. But there are degrees. The AH makes it too easy to bypass the majority of the game.

Could I do it myself? Sure. But do I want to put in the effort? Not so sure. There are other games out there that give me what I want without making me jump through hoops.
08/25/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Aphyrax
How do I separate the gold of the SF character from my other characters?

Use a calculator. Seriously, kids today need to learn how to do things for themselves. When I was a kid and played computer games, there was no magical 'M'-key I could press and get a map. I had to draw one of my own. With a pen. On paper.

How do I trade between my SF characters while they share the stash with my regular ones?

You remember which items are which. Here's an idea; write it down.

How do I make sure I only join games with other SF characters? Getting carried by regular characters defeats the purpose.

You post in [Looking for Players] that you want to play with like-minded players, put them on your friend list and... play. There's no guarantee you will ever be carried, mode or not. It's simply inevitable that you will.

And finally, wow do I make SF characters when all 10 of my character slots are taken with level 60s?

You delete a character.
08/25/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Vresiberba
How do I separate the gold of the SF character from my other characters?

Use a calculator. Seriously, kids today need to learn how to do things for themselves. When I was a kid and played computer games, there was no magical 'M'-key I could press and get a map. I had to draw one of my own. With a pen. On paper.

How do I trade between my SF characters while they share the stash with my regular ones?

You remember which items are which. Here's an idea; write it down.

How do I make sure I only join games with other SF characters? Getting carried by regular characters defeats the purpose.

You post in [Looking for Players] that you want to play with like-minded players, put them on your friend list and... play. There's no guarantee you will ever be carried, mode or not. It's simply inevitable that you will.

And finally, wow do I make SF characters when all 10 of my character slots are taken with level 60s?

You delete a character.

To summarize your post. There are two ways to make this happen.

1. Blizzard invests some manpower to properly implement this for everyone who wants it.
2. Everyone who does it has to do extra work to fake it.

And you SERIOUSLY think #2 is superior to #1?

So I should have to spend extra money instead of asking Blizzard to give me what I want? Funny that you side with the billion dollar corporation on that one.

I'm not siding with anyone. You're obviously not very intellectual enough to have noticed that the WORLD evolves around money! Companies do NOT do things for free in this world. Its all about money, blizzard created this company because they wanted to make money. They didn't create it to make free video games because its been a life long dream. They did it to make money. Why do you think banks loan money? Why bestbuy sell's electronics? And why your internet costs you money?

Its because life evolves around money! Got it now? Blizzard will not create a self-found mode, EVER. Unless someone PAYS them. So if you want to pay blizzard to create this mode they will be more than willing to add it at a cost.

Blizzard created a self-found mode already. Its the ps3/ps4 versions. There is no AH, which means its 100% Pure Self-Found (until people hack it). So if you want Self-found that freaking bad go buy that game, or buy another copy on the PC and never use the AH.

Those are you only options, so deal with it.