what would happen with our gear?

General Discussion
Blizzard will max out all rolls for level 70.
You'll never need to kill monsters again because you'll already have the best of everything.

Seriously though you can look at all the prior patches for precedence. Blizzard didn't buff our existing gear when they buffed legendary drops in a patch. Nor did they buff existing crafted gear when we got buffed crafted recipe's. Nor did they buff our 2-handed weapons when those got improved.

Keep in mind you don't HAVE to buy the expansion.
People who spend hundreds of dollars on gear will still have godly gear with vanilla Diablo.
Your gear will always only be "cool" for a moment.

Lets go back to D2 for a second...

D2 comes out and people farm up great rare gear because initially the unique were horrible. Blizz patches this and makes uniques really good. All old gear must now be replaced by the new BiS. Then the xpac LoD comes out. Again new BiS gear is introduced along with runes. The gear hunt starts all over again. Later on Blizz patches in rune words. BiS changes again. Later on ladder only runewords are added. BiS gear/runewords change again and old gear is dropped in the dirt for the new stuff yet again.

Now lets get back to D3...

D3 comes out and people farm up great rare gear because initially legendary/set gear was horrible. Blizz patches this and makes legendary/set gear really good. All old gear must now be replaced by the new BiS. Then the xpac RoS comes out....

Good points. Although they key difference is that the items replaced in Diablo 2 still held some value .

Diablo 3 is a whole new World of Warcraft ball game. Because the maximum level was not implemented initially , you will have to replace gear every expansion and it will be worthless because it's lower level.

It was always a nice feeling killing bosses in Diablo 2 knowing that you could find something that could help make your hero stronger, permanently .
What are you talking about, marsovac? You only have one class level 17, of course you don't care, you've got nothing to lose. You are right about accepting Blizzard policy though, so as I said I'll only blame myself.
Ps you sound like someone who has nothing to spend thus you don't understand what I mean.
Not to be a #@*%*!@*, but how many of these posts are we gonna see before everyone figures this out?
that's a stupid question really.

yes, you're going to have to earn your gear again, as what happens with any expansion for any game. new, bigger items come along, and you have to go find them.

i don't get how all these people are complaining about this concept. it's an expansion. its going to expand. you will have to work to reach the end of that new finishline. stop asking for gimegime handouts already.

are you all 12 year olds and never actually PLAYED an expansion before? it's so confusing to see people SHOCKED and UPSET that there gear wont be worth anything after xpan rolls out.

There is no stupid question, only stupid people asking questions.
Since the IAS nerf, Blizz position has always been to keep existing gear the same. Where the new gear that drops will be affected by the changes. So only the new gear that drops will be based on loot 2.0.
all this talking brings up another thing. im sorry if it has been said b4, but what will be the scenario with para 100 chars.

we r now on level 60, para 100. new level cap is 70. will the char be leveling again from 60 to 70 while it has already para 100? or what else?

give me a link if this answer is in somewhere else... tnx
all this talking brings up another thing. im sorry if it has been said b4, but what will be the scenario with para 100 chars.

we r now on level 60, para 100. new level cap is 70. will the char be leveling again from 60 to 70 while it has already para 100? or what else?

I don't think anyone know about it yet but I think there is 2 thing that Blizzard will do.

1. Make you stop get Paragon Level until you hit Level 70.

2. Make you get both Paragon EXP and normal EXP from monster.
I wouldn't say they will be obsolete as it's going to take some time for everyone to upgrade their characters and progress through the new content, but your gear is definitely going to "drop in value" if that's what you mean. That's been the case with every piece of gear since day one though so it's not a big deal.
08/24/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Omniscient
but your gear is definitely going to "drop in value" if that's what you mean.

nah, value is not my point. is my dps, playstyle and that kind of things

PAragon now has no cap. There isn't "paragon levels" per say anymore. In fact, all your paragon levels on your account are being merged and now you can select your stats among the primary stats, movement speed, crit chance, crit damage, and even IAS.
save your money and you wont unlock lv 70 item and you are the king of your world.....

New item is nice, new skill, new character and new challenge is nice

I think my gear worth 0 from the very beginning and i dont mind to farm again

For those without time, RMAH still there. Spend again and nothing change!

For those who have nothing ( like me) new P lv system will share some pressure in gear checking and loot 2.0 will help to reduce your time to upgrade.
08/24/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Reslin
PAragon now has no cap. There isn't "paragon levels" per say anymore. In fact, all your paragon levels on your account are being merged and now you can select your stats among the primary stats, movement speed, crit chance, crit damage, and even IAS.

what you mean is, no more blue numbers? so what will be the new indicator of paraleveling? the sum of all you paralevels will be displayed in profile name like achievement points? something like that. im sorry is just i havent found any q&a site lol
They all accepted the RMAH ToS, which states that all their items are owned by Blizzard and Blizzard can at any point make changes that affect it.

16 hours ago

This.

Don't forget that the new loot 2 system is being brought into being so that we have a better chance of finding our own good gear. I am happy with the gear I have, and I will be happy to farm in that gear to find better gear.
What are you talking about, marsovac? You only have one class level 17, of course you don't care, you've got nothing to lose. You are right about accepting Blizzard policy though, so as I said I'll only blame myself.
Ps you sound like someone who has nothing to spend thus you don't understand what I mean.

You do know the U.S. isn't the only place in the world? Try checking his EU profile.
On second thought here it is, make it easier for you.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/marsovac-2732/
08/23/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Mischeiff
Stop speculating guys! Blizzard never said anything about what happens to the current gear after the update. Lets hope they will find a solution because otherwise it might be a HUGE problem since this time real money is involved, and quite big sums of money too!

It's already been mentioned long before the expansion announcement during interviews that any old legendary's would become legacy.

And no it won't be a huge problem "because of real money", just like it wasn't a huge problem when they did it the first time with IAS and the second time with the 1.04 legendary's.

This isn't anything new. Just FYI.
AMPosted by Omniscient
but your gear is definitely going to "drop in value" if that's what you mean.

nah, value is not my point. is my dps, playstyle and that kind of things

Well you may or may not be able to farm the same MP level as you can right now. But if you could automatically farm the same MP level in the expansion as you can now then that would be a HUGE design flaw in the expansion. There would be nothing to progress to, no new endgame to achieve, no reason to farm new items, etc etc. You should actually pray that your gear can't handle the same MP in the new expansion.
08/24/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Omniscient
There would be nothing to progress to, no new endgame to achieve, no reason to farm new items, etc etc.

good thoughts
1. thank you for all the cursing, reported, enjoy the ban. (I do this to any post with cursing because I'm a little goodie two-shoes who has no life outside of online forums and don't actually play this game but feel the need for attention so I make weak attempts at trolling whenever possible, please feel free to complain to blizzard for being banned for cursing when you actually didn't due to wordfilter.

^^ fixed that for you

Give your head a shake. If cursing hurts your feelings so much and words make you so butthurt.....gonna make a harrrrrrrrd life for yourself LOL. Did you show mommy what the bad man sad to you? Did she have to patch the bite marks on your pillow?

08/23/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Dragn
2. yes, my account is awesome. I hate this game, hated it since day 1, but I have hopes that one day I'll come back to it, tis why I'm here. I played through inferno once early on, and once after the patches, this things horrible.

Yeah mmmmmmk sure. That's why you're here....LOL. Get a life bro.
^^ fixed that for you

Give your head a shake. If cursing hurts your feelings so much and words make you so butthurt.....gonna make a harrrrrrrrd life for yourself LOL. Did you show mommy what the bad man sad to you? Did she have to patch the bite marks on your pillow?

Yeah mmmmmmk sure. That's why you're here....LOL. Get a life bro.

thats exactly what I thougth but i didnt say it cause i could harm his ears, and more whining to blizz mom.

i just think, poor blizz. how many complains they receive per day about crying babies who cant defend themselves.