Best low MP speed running build?

Demon Hunter
When they announced the new Paragon system I decided to branch out into DH which is actually the only class I haven't played yet.

I thought I'd run a low MP speed clearer with Multishot:Suppressing Fire, a Cold SOJ with MS crit bonus, Cull the Weak, Archery, and maybe shadow glide with Tumble and Rapid Fire for clearing out elites if I need some extra oomph. Something like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjVgdc!eYc!ZbZcbc

What's the effectiveness of something like that going to run at say... 220k DPS? Seems like I could sweep the fields of misery on MP5 pretty quick with a set like that.

Also just for my curiosity, why is Gloom so popular over Blood Moon? I'd think that since you can use Shuriken Cloud and Rapid Fire to snapshot the 25% lifesteal vs the defensive bonus which I assume blanks out after 5 seconds, Blood Moon would be the natural choice.
more ehp is my guess but i don't really know
08/25/2013 11:50 AMPosted by sasarai
more ehp is my guess but i don't really know

Do you really have more EHP by getting 35% more DR than you would by almost doubling your LS though? I mean as long as you have okay EHP and aren't getting 1shotted by everything, I'd think almost doubling the LS of Shadow Power is just as good.

Plus like I said you can SS the LS, you probably don't SS the Gloom bonus.
How about get to 60 then we talk..
08/25/2013 12:02 PMPosted by SwSw
How about get to 60 then we talk..

Its not like I asked a super sophisticated question and won't be able to understand your answer cause I haven't hit 60 yet with 1 class. Either it'll work really well for gunning down huge mobs of trash, at low MP or it won't.
Manticore with Ball Lightning as the only attack. Everything else goes into move speed and Hatred regen and max hatred pool

Manticore with strafe - low APS. all dex / CC / crit. damage . same as BL build

Multishot build - same as above.

or

HA - shatter with BL or Multi-shot with a Calamity works too.

130k dsp plus should 1 shot most things on MP1.

Good luck and have fun ! !
When they announced the new Paragon system I decided to branch out into DH which is actually the only class I haven't played yet.

I thought I'd run a low MP speed clearer with Multishot:Suppressing Fire, a Cold SOJ with MS crit bonus, Cull the Weak, Archery, and maybe shadow glide with Tumble and Rapid Fire for clearing out elites if I need some extra oomph. Something like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjVgdc!eYc!ZbZcbc

What's the effectiveness of something like that going to run at say... 220k DPS? Seems like I could sweep the fields of misery on MP5 pretty quick with a set like that.

Also just for my curiosity, why is Gloom so popular over Blood Moon? I'd think that since you can use Shuriken Cloud and Rapid Fire to snapshot the 25% lifesteal vs the defensive bonus which I assume blanks out after 5 seconds, Blood Moon would be the natural choice.

-Since you're using low hitting skills, MP5 may be a bit of a stretch with 220k. I'd say closer to Mp3.
-Change bombard and Fire Support. You're gonna use RF to clear out elites, correct? Fire support has better single target DPS, plus is much easier to use for the kiting elites.
-Since you want a speed runner, you'll probably want Tactical Advantage in there. Probably in place of SA, since when you move fast you generally come close to mobs, nullifying the SA bonus.
-Runes don't get snapshot, just the main skill. Also, you'll see it for yourself when you play, but the difference in 15% LS vs 25% LS is tiny in real gameplay - 3-4 hits will get you to full HP. People use Gloom to mitigate the delay for Bombardment.

To answer your main question though, if you want the best speedrunner, check out some Strafe builds in the sticky.