Best Class for Console

Console Discussion
Hey everyone I'm going to be picking up D3 on console after classes today and seeing as people have had a bunch of play time already I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this question?

So far what seems to be the best class for Console? I don't mean like most op class, but what is the easiest class to adjust from the PC version over to console control wise. I was thinking wizard since it's mostly just aim in a general direction and cast spells.

I'll be playing the game with 1 other person if that has any say in it.
Play what you enjoy...
Wanted to ease my way into the controls till I get used to them. I'm sure i'll get to playing all the different classes, but wanted to know what had the easiest controls for now.
a range character is a little bit more of because of th slow turning but a mellee would be the best choice if you want to nick pick =) but yeah play what u want
Gosh man, i've been asking the same question haha. I think i've concluded that i will either play Witch Doctor or Barbarian.
a witch docter is said to be the hardest because u cant control where youre spells go like grasp of the dead u just cant place it anywhere u want like on pc but just under the first mob =)
Yeah I play a witch doctor on hardcore for PC and I feel like it would be probably the hardest to control. Barb/monk does seem like a pretty choice to start out with.
been playing WD to about lvl 10 so far today and it isnt anywhere near as tough as I thought it would be. As soon as you get dogs to tank and the templar its easy, though trying to aim grasp is pretty tough.
09/03/2013 08:59 AMPosted by dutchy666
a witch docter is said to be the hardest because u cant control where youre spells go like grasp of the dead u just cant place it anywhere u want like on pc but just under the first mob =)

if you target before you toss yer spell the spell goes there so target mob you want and lob it =)
yeah but you cant control like where u realy want to put it thats =/

Posted by dutchy666

if you target before you toss yer spell the spell goes there so target mob you want and lob it =)
Hey everyone I'm going to be picking up D3 on console after classes today and seeing as people have had a bunch of play time already I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this question?

So far what seems to be the best class for Console? I don't mean like most op class, but what is the easiest class to adjust from the PC version over to console control wise. I was thinking wizard since it's mostly just aim in a general direction and cast spells.

I'll be playing the game with 1 other person if that has any say in it.

I've tried all of the classes at this point, and I feel like they all have relatively the same learning curve when you're transitioning from the PC version. Personally, I think the "right" class is the one you have the best visceral combat experience with. I've been having a lot of fun with the Wizard as my primary alternate, but I ended up playing a Monk as my main.

09/03/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Wind
Yeah I play a witch doctor on hardcore for PC and I feel like it would be probably the hardest to control. Barb/monk does seem like a pretty choice to start out with.

I know what you mean about some spells being a little tricky to aim (like Grasp of the Dead, and Arcane Torrent), but it gets easier with practice. I quickly formed a habit of holding down the Left Trigger (target lock) as soon as I see my intended target light up, and that has helped a bunch.
09/03/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
I know what you mean about some spells being a little tricky to aim (like Grasp of the Dead, and Arcane Torrent), but it gets easier with practice. I quickly formed a habit of holding down the Left Trigger (target lock) as soon as I see my intended target light up, and that has helped a bunch.

good to know this trick:)
Start with a demon hunter glass cannon build for now. you will go further then and other class can until gear drops for their classes
I'd recommend the Barbarian, but all the classes seem to work quite well so if you love Wizard go for it.

The barbarian's skills seem to work quite well with gamepad and feels like Golden Axe or something lol. You can also use Leap to practice aiming area spells.
I've been enjoying the barb however this version is more broken than the pc. A friend of mine sent me a picture of his dps and it was up to 3million.
I'm running a witch doctor solo and agree using the left trigger to target your spells like grasp of the dead works wonders
OH MY..
Sorry caps.
I love my monk on PS3 dodge role then Kun fu there bums ;D

Sure on PC monk is fun to but I pref my barbarian on the PC
i used to play BARB to gather godly gears for future RoS on PS3
I have to say monk. it really is best experience, for me at least. holding A while being glued to any monster with >fist of thunder (thunderclap rune)< is just really great.
OHHH 3million DPS on console... you do know that there isnt a full drop down breakdown of all stats and DPS for console right? its just the 4 main stats below your character.