I5 2500k @ 5.2Ghz stable

Games & Technology
I am playing around with my I5 2500K, I was using it at 4.5Ghz for about 3 months now with my Cooler master Seidon 240M Liquid cooling closed loop system.

I can say I am quite amazed at my tempatures they are 105F idle all cores.

I am not big on over clocking nor do I know all the advanced ways to over clock how ever I do know how to get it to 5.2Ghz with ease.

1. I set my X.M.P profile to my rams default at 1866
2. I changed the boost ratio from 45 to 5.2 and called it a day.

Is 1.544 volts safe?
just curieous that is what I am at when playing a game for the cpu
The max safe voltage for a sandy bridge cpu is 1.52 volts. You are definitely lowering the life-span of your cpu if you keep it that high for very long. Make sure you keep a very close eye on your temps because you can fry your cpu if you're not careful.
08/31/2013 01:34 AMPosted by half3vil
The max safe voltage for a sandy bridge cpu is 1.52 volts. You are definitely lowering the life-span of your cpu if you keep it that high for very long. Make sure you keep a very close eye on your temps because you can fry your cpu if you're not careful.

oic good info.

Like I said in my main post all I did was set xmp then set boost and instantly had good clocks how ever voltages may be a little high at 5.2

Voltages at 4.5Ghz daily use is 1.088 to 1.2
That low and will my processor be okay? I use it daily use 12 hrs a day at this clock with temps as low as 90F Idle 115 playing bf3.
oic good info.

Like I said in my main post all I did was set xmp then set boost and instantly had good clocks how ever voltages may be a little high at 5.2

That low and will my processor be okay? I use it daily use 12 hrs a day at this clock with temps as low as 90F Idle 115 playing bf3.

Those voltages are definitely high. Most people who overclock never go above even a 1.4 Vcore, which is what my max is when running my i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz. I could certainly fine tune it to much lower voltages and even push my clock up past 4.5, but the performance increase would be minimal and I'm lazy.

At idle, my cpu runs @ 1.056 Vcore and 1.396 Vore @ full load.

I would definitely recommend that you do your research into overclocking, because it really is an art that you can screw up easily. As for your temps, those are good, just need to keep that Vcore down :3
oic good info.

Those voltages are definitely high. Most people who overclock never go above even a 1.4 Vcore, which is what my max is when running my i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz. I could certainly fine tune it to much lower voltages and even push my clock up past 4.5, but the performance increase would be minimal and I'm lazy.

At idle, my cpu runs @ 1.056 Vcore and 1.396 Vore @ full load.

I would definitely recommend that you do your research into overclocking, because it really is an art that you can screw up easily. As for your temps, those are good, just need to keep that Vcore down :3

I'll do some research on it but I am thinking my current 4.5 ghz clock with 1.4max v-core is just fine.
I have used it like that several months and before that I had the stock cooler running 4.2ghz for about a year.

Edit: I changed the Vcore from auto to manual and set it to 1.3V as recommended.
The clock of I5 2500K is stable no issues no any thing and suprise the temps actually are a little lower then they was before