Console Loot makes ours look like total garbage

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Look at what some guys have found within 2 days:

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/roomail9/slideshow/

Legendaries always seem to roll very high, and the respective affixes can also roll higher than on PC.

So, console players will have a BETTER character playing selffound than we have after 1000+ hours and using the Auction House... what a shame.
Rather interesting. The Skorn numbers are pretty weak there, but DANG THOSE 1 HANDERS!

Also that last picture with the legendary belt is WHOA.

Didn't think I would say the console version looks more fun than PC.
Rather interesting. The Skorn numbers are pretty weak there, but DANG THOSE 1 HANDERS!

Unsure if serious. It's coming out second - in order to make another killing, it HAS to be more fun.

Not to mention the rather obvious fact that most of us have been saying for well over a year - it's more fun finding great gear for yourself instead of getting 99.999% of your upgrades from the AH.
theres no AH in the console that im aware of so the drops have to be better
hacked items :)
Look at what some guys have found within 2 days:

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/roomail9/slideshow/

Legendaries always seem to roll very high, and the respective affixes can also roll higher than on PC.

So, console players will have a BETTER character playing selffound than we have after 1000+ hours and using the Auction House... what a shame.

Actually it looks like the console vs of the game is WAY to easy if those values are typical. They'll run out of reasons to play the game within weeks.
Looks like loot 2.0 to me
You could name each of those items something different then what it is called now, and it'd all be the same. There's nothing unique or special about that stuff.
09/01/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Beed
Looks like loot 2.0 to me

That's what I was thinking. Probably what loot 2.0 will look like for us.
there is nothing unique or special about any gear in Diablo 3 when you can get it from the auction house plus the only real thing which matters is your weapon and its DPS
09/01/2013 03:35 PMPosted by VinnyI
You could name each of those items something different then what it is called now, and it'd all be the same. There's nothing unique or special about that stuff.

Its not the items per say but rather that in 2 days they have already found items good enough to roll through MP10 on their own vs the AH.

That's what its about.
Loot/paragon 2.0 cant come soon enough...

Pretty much any weapon you have now will be useless, even that guy that bought the $7k echo fury.
This should not be considered representative of loot 2.0 in the least. The loot has better rolls, but that is because as a console version it is meant to be more casual in nature, "pick up and play" if you will. That's not a knock on console games at all as I spend plenty of time playing on a console as well as on a PC, it's just an understanding of their audience. The rolls will never be quite so tight on PC as it is meant to be a more steady, continuing experience where you farm for better items.

There are no proper "unique" affixes applied to these Leg/Set items either, which should be the biggest indicator that it has very little to do with the changes we'll be seeing on the PC end in the future. =)
If you just care to gear characters and have items and don't care about the economy then yeah... the console is probably for you. I play where there is an economy so that items have value. The reason I farm items is because other people want those items.

Consoles will be fun if you just want to be casual but still have the best gear... but there won't be any reason to have that best gear because there is no reason to farm. So no item economy, no trading... items come a lot faster and the game is much shorter.
The PC and Console worlds don't intersect so loot comparisons are pointless.

You can't play with console players on PC and their loot doesn't affect the PC economy at all.

Console players could get 10,000 DPS 1 handers while PC players get 800 DPS 1 handers and neither would affect the other at all. It's just numbers in completely separate universes.

Not to mention the difficulties aren't even the same. They may be comparatively more or less powerful than the PC counterparts and it would still be irrelevant.

Let's say the difficulties are identical, it still doesn't matter. What if Console players can clear Act 3 twice as fast... So what? what does that actually mean to PC players?

If higher numbers and larger stats leads directly to more fun, you would have a point. But considering it's all completely relative there is absolutely nothing to gain by making these comparisons.

Unsure if serious. It's coming out second - in order to make another killing, it HAS to be more fun.

Not to mention the rather obvious fact that most of us have been saying for well over a year - it's more fun finding great gear for yourself instead of getting 99.999% of your upgrades from the AH.

Or maybe now its really, really flippin obvious that blizzard made the game less fun on purpose just so people would spend RMAH $$$?
So glad we were lied to when it was said that the consoles were just getting the less but better loot part of Loot 2.0. We didn't even get to beta test a good part/upgrade to the game.
That is just depressing.........and they say ah has no effect on drops. I call BS, pc has ah and drops are crap, console has no ah and look at that stuff.
Anyway you know what I think? Those items are the same crap we have. Seriously look at them, slot, CD, base stat bah bah bah. It is just the same stuff we have with bigger numbers. If you think that is better, you are too easily tricked. Truly good itemization gives you options and forces you to think.

A good item has to be more than just seeing the biggest DPS number in your character sheet. True game changing items would enable builds that cannot exist otherwise, an example will be zero dogs WD.

And power is relative, you have no idea how exactly the MP level or health scales. Their gear could numerically be 100% better but take twice as long to kill mobs because the mob HP is four times more.

So no, they don't have better items. Just tighter rolls on their items. Tighter rolls is a good thing, and hopefully we will see it in itemization 2.0.