What are you most looking forward to in RoS?

General Discussion
Personally, I am most looking forward to transmogrifying my gear so my characters no longer look like clowns.

Also, with this feature everyone will no longer look the same because of the legendaries needed for their builds.
I'm most anxious to see how they improve itemization. I truly feel that they've held back on PVP because of itemization. Because skills are all linked to your weapon, stats are levied for you and gear is so one dimensional, PVP would be terrible, and currently IS judging by the brawler system.

If they shock me and some how make itemization work even though the game's RPG engine is as limited as it is with stats and skill specializations? Then I'll be so FREAKING happy and ready to throw them cash for the 2nd Xpac because I almost guarantee you that PVP will be coming by then. They have to fix itemization. If they do? They save Diablo. If they don't? Then the end times are truly upon us all.
Loot 2.0

Mind you that's coming out for all version of the game so I'll say the Crusader. Playing new classes is my favorite part of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. First time leveling to max level is always a TON of fun. I didn't even like the paladin and I'm still excited about playing a crusader class just because it'll be something new.

I want to say I'll be excited for Act 5 but I have a feeling it'll be tougher than Act 4.
Why wouldn't it be?
I have a feeling we won't be farming there much unless the monster density is so superior we feel obligated to.
Personally, I am most looking forward to transmogrifying my gear so my characters no longer look like clowns.

Also, with this feature everyone will no longer look the same because of the legendaries needed for their builds.

I'm looking forward to the crusader the most. I always like it when I could play my barb with a shield but these days it just doenst work that great. And having a class that actually has skills that use shields is just awesome.
paladin. loot runs. smart drops paragon 20
Oh yeah, I am really looking forward to playing the Crusader as well because I love playing as a tanky character with a 1-handed weapon and shield. I tried to play that way as a Barbarian but I just couldn't find the right weapon/shield combo and there are no abilities for a shield.
Most excited about not only Itemization from Loot2.0, but also the secondary effects it has on skills and builds. Could we be seeing new metagame develop as a result of the new items? I sure hope so, it would be great to have dozens of builds per class made viable based on items alone, would add a huge dimension to the game without adding any content. Wouldn't it be fun to devote time and effort to thinking up novel strategies, unique item combinations, and new ways to use skills? Never mind nephalem trials, loot runs, etc., this is something that has been hugely lacking since Day 1, something that is sorely missed from D3's predecessor.

Not once in Diablo 3 have I found an item and said: "Hm, maybe I could try and do something with this, I will put it in my stash and try out some new skills later." This subtracts an entire dimension from this game that was missing from D2, where instead now items become this one-dimensional, linear progression that is impossible to break out of. Hopefully we can kick this trend and evolve the game into something much more complex.

Even if I'm not finding direct upgrades every day, or getting huge payout from the Auction House - which, let's be honest it's impossible - that won't matter because we'll be able to live without the Auction House, upgrades won't be solely based on DPS/EHP, and we'll no longer be stuck with a linear progression model in order to move forward with our characters.

Right now in D3 there is almost no item:build metagame whatsoever. Most players can name off the top of their head the dozen or so sought after legendary/set items, where pretty much no suitable alternatives exist. This game has Skorn, Echoing Fury, Manticore, Calamity, Inna's Temperance, Nat's 2-Piece, and a few others. That's it.

I can't even begin to name the other few hundred (or more that might be added) Legendaries that exist in the game currently, more to the point they might as well not even exist, and nobody should have wasted their time making them.

I hope for all this to change in the expansion...

I will have to learn the stats and names of hundreds more Legendaries, and how to use them in new and interesting ways...
I just want my characters to look good while they kill monsters.
I'm looking forward to each class having four or five viable builds - combinations of skills and unique gearing.

can't Tmog legs and with legs being the new items to grab, everyone will STILL look the same.
More complaining about what Blizzard got wrong! :D
Necro.

Or at least a WD with true minion master skills.

Failing which they are not earning my money.

can't Tmog legs and with legs being the new items to grab, everyone will STILL look the same.

You know this how? I am calling BS.
08/29/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Crizaig
I am most looking forward to transmogrifying

I too can't wait for this! I've even started collecting Blue items of each tier to submit to the Mystic to unlock their look. I even have the set i want picked out!

As for what I'm most looking forward to, it's the ongoing story and lore actually. I love the set up we've received with the cinematic and I am on the edge of my seat for more!

As far as game mechanics go I'm most looking forward to all the new interesting legendaries and the Loot 2.0 changes in general. After all, Diablo is all about the hunt for loot! Can't wait to progress through the game with a fresh Paladin and experience it all with a fresh perspective.

08/30/2013 12:12 AMPosted by DrunkTank
can't Tmog legs and with legs

This is just speculation, it hasn't been confirmed either way. Regardless though, we know that legendary dyes are coming so we won't look exactly the same. ;)
I have a hard time picking my favorite feature that was talked about at gamescom, but I think Paragon 2.0 wins in the end. I really like the idea of consistent rewards, and trying new Paragon builds based on changes to your skills and gear. When you also factor in the new itemization, Mystic, Loot Runs, and Nephalem Trials I think the end game for Reaper of Souls will have a lot of ways to evolve a character in meaningful ways, and that sounds very appealing.
Errthing.
Twitter: @Jaetch