Are DHs useless?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I'm vaguely offended by this thread.

I took a bad Demon Hunter to P100 before I started a new one and did it right.

StoneOld

Why would you re-level a class because you were playing it wrong?
I'm vaguely offended by this thread.

I took a bad Demon Hunter to P100 before I started a new one and did it right.

StoneOld

Why would you re-level a class because you were playing it wrong?

hahaha/10
they had a super op tank spec, until blizzard nerfed their disc passive. Now you need amazing gear to be useful
Well, good to know that blizz still hasn't addressed the DH yet. Maybe after they release the "expansion"? ._.
09/01/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Skillol
Well, good to know that blizz still hasn't addressed the DH yet. Maybe after they release the "expansion"? ._.

Doubt it.

In all their previous "interviews" where they talked about class balance, they said archon/cm/WOTB will get nerfed... but they also mentioned they think "DHs are in a good place right now".

ROFL.. talk about ignorance.

You have got to be kidding me...wait no..nevermind....this is blizz we are talking about.
My DH always gets a laugh out of threads like this...

any of you really know the dmg per hit of rapid fire most DH are doing?

nvm....

Rapid Fire is one of the last skills Blizzard tuned on the Demon Hunter and is one of the only damage skills on the class that has proper damage.

Most of the abilities of the class are horribly undertuned damage wise. One example doesn't redeem the class, much like the top demon hunters in the game don't make the class magically good relative to the others.

Well said.

Anyone with billions of gold can gear a DH and do well in high MP. But giving that same gear to any other class, the DH falls way behind.
In all their previous "interviews" where they talked about class balance, they said archon/cm/WOTB will get nerfed... but they also mentioned they think "DHs are in a good place right now".

ROFL.. talk about ignorance.

It was not a talk about class balance at all.

They were talking about build diversity.

While the DH has some diversity if you take rapid fire out of the equation, it is still underpowered to any other classes.

Mostly because of AoE eDPS and some little resource regen.

The latest buff to rapid fire kinda killed that build diversity.

Now two skills are required shadow power and rapid fire.

Locking two skill in all builds is not good for diversity.

Blizzard fixed the DH class balance kinda, but broke build diversity.

Instead of buffing a lot more skills, they overbuffed one specific.
Dude, just a serious question...

What exactly is that ruby doing for you in your chest?

..nvm..dont want to know.
Outside of ubers I would say barbs are the most useless, followed by monks that don't know how/use vortex.

At least the DH can mark for death and use traps.