Frame rate Issues

Technical Support
I just recently bought a new computer, upgraded from an old laptop with not the best stats, I now have a desktop. Here are a few of the important stats:

AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics 2.00Gz
8GB Installed RAM

Now my old computer had much worse statistics, so here is my problem, I just downloaded Diablo III, and whenever I log on, the cenimatics, main menu, and gameplay all has about 5-10 FPS, which compared to my old computer running 30-40 FPS makes no sense. I tried changing every setting to low and also changing the max forground/background FPS, also messed with resolution and Vsync. I can't seem to figure out what is going on, I tried closing Diablo III and repairing it also. I have been reading around and i've seen a few post about AMD not being able to run D3 efficiently.

Here are my D3prefs:

PreferencesVersion "44"
PlayedCutscene0 "1"
PlayedCutscene1 "0"
PlayedCutscene2 "0"
PlayedCutscene3 "0"
DisplayModeFlags "0"
DisplayModeWindowMode "2"
DisplayModeWinLeft "0"
DisplayModeWinTop "0"
DisplayModeWinWidth "1920"
DisplayModeWinHeight "1040"
DisplayModeUIOptWidth "1680"
DisplayModeUIOptHeight "1050"
DisplayModeWidth "1920"
DisplayModeHeight "1080"
DisplayModeRefreshRate "60"
DisplayModeBitDepth "32"
Gamma "1.000000"
MipOffset "1"
ShadowQuality "0"
PhysicsQuality "0"
ClutterQuality "0"
Vsync "1"
Letterbox "0"
Antialiasing "0"
LowFX "1"
LockCursorInFullscreenWindowed "0"
LimitForegroundFPS "1"
MaxForegroundFPS "150"
LimitBackgroundFPS "1"
MaxBackgroundFPS "200"
DisableTrilinearFiltering "0"
ColorCorrection "1"
MipBias "0.000000"
ReflectionQuality "0"
TonemapExposure "1.900000"
TonemapContrast "1.500000"
TonemapSaturation "1.000000"
TonemapGain "1.000000"
HardwareClass "4"
PCIVendor "4098"
PCIDevice "38960"
MasterVolume "1.000000"
EffectVolume "0.800000"
MusicVolume "0.800000"
NarrationVolume "0.800000"
AmbientVolume "0.800000"
ChannelsToUse "32"
SoundDriver "0"
SpeakerMode "0"
ReverseSpeakers "0"
QuestSubtitlesEnabled "0"
CinematicsSubtitlesEnabled "0"
MuteSound "0"

If anyone has any solution to why this might be happening it would be well appreciated.
Hey Xortes.

AMD willl run Diablo just fine .Diablo is not a demanding game, think about it ....they made it for a PS3 . The game just has to be configured properly .

You should adjust your D3 prefs a little to better suit your new setup. You may also have to adjust some Windows Power Settings.

Take a look at my thread on optimizing FPS . You should find something valuable there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792849406
I think I figured out the problem, although I don't know how to resolve it. Whenever I have D3 running, for some reason its using hardly any of my CPU and I am sure since it's using no cpu it's causing low FPS. How can I make sure it uses the CPU?
I would check your Windows Power Settings like I suggested . Your computer is probably scaling down on purpose. You can find these in Control Panel > System and Security.

Also try setting Diablo to "High Priority" in the task manager. You can also Unpark your cores, unlocking them so they're active at all times (instruction in my thread) .

You can also disable the technology your CPU uses to scale itself down. These options are in the BIOS .
I would check your Windows Power Settings like I suggested . Your computer is probably scaling down on purpose. You can find these in Control Panel > System and Security.

Also try setting Diablo to "High Priority" in the task manager. You can also Unpark your cores, unlocking them so they're active at all times (instruction in my thread) .

You can also disable the technology your CPU uses to scale itself down. These options are in the BIOS .

I have actually done everything you said here, changing my setting to High performance, I've went high priority on manager. Also, I play many other games on the computer, and they run completely fine, while using higher CPU I just don't understand why diablo III refuses to use higher CPU
Strange....Just curious how you are seeing this? Diablo doesn't use all of the CPU anyway. It can run off one core really...If you've tried all my steps and still doesn't use the CPU , I don't think that's the problem

Have you tried editing your D3 prefs to better suit your GPU? Try

Hardware class : "1"

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"

Max foreground "60"

EDIT : Also check Diablo's Affinity . Go task manager > Diablo > Set Affinity > Make sure all cores are checked
Strange....Just curious how you are seeing this? Diablo doesn't use all of the CPU anyway. It can run off one core really...If you've tried all my steps and still doesn't use the CPU , I don't think that's the problem

Have you tried editing your D3 prefs to better suit your GPU? Try

Hardware class : "1"

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"

Max foreground "60"

EDIT : Also check Diablo's Affinity . Go task manager > Diablo > Set Affinity > Make sure all cores are checked

Changed hardwore class, max foreground, and Disabledtrilinearfiltering, also made sure my diablo III was using all cores.
Could you post your Dxdiag for us?

Go Start Menu > Search box > Type "DXdiag" press enter > Save all information > Copy and paste here.

Are your HD graphic drivers updated? Do you have the Video Adapter Power settings set to Max in Graphic options ?