Using Any Skills You Didn't Use on PC?

Console Discussion
So I was just wondering, for those of you who have played the PC version and are now playing the console version, are there any skills you didn't use on the PC version that, for whatever reason, you're using on the console?

For example, I haven't picked up the console version yet, but it seems like the Demonhunter's Grenade skill would be way more fun to use with the dodge move in place.
I'm using disintegrate with my wizard.. since my dps is so high it's like constantly being in archon mode. I run sleetstorm on my PC wiz
I find that i am having much more fun using leap on my Barbarian. Kite builds for Wizard seem like they will be funner now with the new dodge. I'm getting used to it.
Way of the Hundred fist on monk is much more fun. Also mantra of healing instead of conviction.
09/06/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Mercy
So I was just wondering, for those of you who have played the PC version and are now playing the console version, are there any skills you didn't use on the PC version that, for whatever reason, you're using on the console?

This is a great question, and I'm curious what other players have to say about skill changes they've made when swapping from PC to console. The camera on the console is pulled in a little bit more, and I've found that a lot of the area of effect spells, like Grasp of the Dead, are a little more interesting and valuable as a result.
Leap has been amazing. The reduced cooldown is awesome.
I am using Grasp of The Dead and Firebats all the time now. Rarely used them on PC, pretty much only sometime while leveling.
Have no idea why I've made this change really, but they're very comfortable to use with a controller.

Haunt and Spirit Barrage are a bit of a hassle to use with a controller on the other hand, imo. It's difficult to hit a specific target. But well, mostly hiting anything is good enough. ;)
09/06/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Vitorious
I find that i am having much more fun using leap on my Barbarian.

That is interesting. I normally use Leap with a new Barb but I stopped using it on the console because it is too hard to control where I leap.
I'm using leap and ground stomp on my xbox barb, which I don't use on my pc. My normal 'rotation' if you will is leap, stomp (with wrenching grasp or w/e to pull everything in), rend. If it's elites, I hota them a few times.
09/06/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Azakatura
I'm using leap and ground stomp on my xbox barb, which I don't use on my pc. My normal 'rotation' if you will is leap, stomp (with wrenching grasp or w/e to pull everything in), rend. If it's elites, I hota them a few times.

Does sound like it could be fun when playing with a ranged class to agro most everything. How is the cool down btw?
still using cm/archon on wiz at least until i hit lvl 60.
then i'm hoping to find a nice Burning axe of Sankis and some magefists and making a pure fire build.
found some nice magefist at lvl 48, can't wait to see a lvl 60 roll of them.
09/06/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Grimiku
This is a great question, and I'm curious what other players have to say about skill changes they've made when swapping from PC to console. The camera on the console is pulled in a little bit more, and I've found that a lot of the area of effect spells, like Grasp of the Dead, are a little more interesting and valuable as a result.

I can't even begin to go in to detail on all the things that are right about this statement.

My fiance and I were really excited to play Diablo 3 together when it came out last year, but shortly there after one of our cats ruined my laptop and we've been in a one-or-the-other situation with our computer, so when D3 was announced on the console we were both delighted that we could finally enjoy the game together.

I noticed when we play multiplayer that the increased zoom level tends to section off unnecessary portions of the map which leave you with perfect, tight areas to apply your abilities tactically instead of having to juggle the entire scene like you do on the PC. This opens us both up to some seriously amazing combos and strategies that we would otherwise overlook on the extended battlefield.

The console version is damn near perfect. Bravo.
totally man, console ver has changed my WD playstyle. Instead of firebats i now use grasp + zombie charger and I don't use spirit walk anymore since i can just barrel roll.. because of the smarter mob AI compared to pc, i can't just stand in one spot and spam OP attacks on higher difficulties.
still at lvl 34 tho so i can't say endgame wise but will keep you posted.
09/06/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Fallen
I'm using disintegrate with my wizard.. since my dps is so high it's like constantly being in archon mode. I run sleetstorm on my PC wiz

Same here, it's like always being in Archon mode, everything just melts.
i agree with that. leap has been awesome for jumping into a big mob. i never ever used it on pc, not sure why!
09/06/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Tzenesh
Leap has been amazing. The reduced cooldown is awesome.

this!
From what I seen so far, it appears that Arcane Torrent is pretty awesome on console. Less of a hassle aiming with this spell on the console. It's one of the less used spells I equip on the PC version when playing a Wizard.
I have been using Rend a lot on my main Barbarian. I was a Whirlwind user, but I switched to Rend/Wrath of the Berserker.
Yes. On PC, my Wizard used Blizzard (with the 20% frozen chance rune) but I find myself using Meteor (with the meteor shower rune) more and getting better results as it blankets the area better. Also, I tend to find myself using teleport more on console then I ever did on PC.
I've been wondering what the low-mid level PC gamers do with their DH's. I've only played the starter, (only got the standard on Thursday so I could post here!). I've got elective mode enabled because having Rapid Fire stuck on R2 was uncomfortable!

For my main (x) attack I've been relying on Entangling shot with the Lightning rune, or the Bolos with the Ball Lightning rune.

On (square) I've been using Rapid Fire as my go-to Hatred eating "Say Hello to My Little Friend" special with the web rune or Rocket rune.

Triangle is Shadow Power with Blood Moon rune. Why Triangle? Because in PSone diablo that's where your spell went and I usually kept Healing on that. In almost every console Diablo-style game since then I've put restoration/defense abilities on that button. Makes it easier to remember. I'm so glad that Blizzard kept the Potion on L1 tradition of Psone diablo (and most console diablo-style games)

Been using the either the "Mark debuff" spell or the Bat or Spider familiar on R2.

On R1 is where it gets tricky, haven't really figured out what I want there. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to jell. I've been thinking of using it as the "Oh crap" button and putting Strafe with the Drifting Shadowrune, or Rain of Vengeance with Dark Cloud Rune.

On "Circle" I have Evasive Fire with Covering Fire rune. Enemies get too close for comfort, bang, shoot AND move back while still shooting. If I used this as main attack I would put caltrops or traps here.