Finally! My Own Dream Monk Built.

Monk
Awesome monk! And I agree that 40-50 extra resists can make a noticeable difference. I run with single life steal and I can feel the difference all the more because of it. It's really hard to argue with field-tested setups and you seem to have tweaked your mitigation to the sweet spot to where you very rarely die. Gratz.
very nice monk, but I hated EF on a monk.
09/05/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Ireneaus
Awesome monk! And I agree that 40-50 extra resists can make a noticeable difference. I run with single life steal and I can feel the difference all the more because of it. It's really hard to argue with field-tested setups and you seem to have tweaked your mitigation to the sweet spot to where you very rarely die. Gratz.

Just done a test run again with BoY(OWE off). Definitely not as fluent and smooth-flowing with OWE on, however sufficient AR to withstand damages tho. Now, once again another test after swapping my 3% LS EF to present 96% CD EF with OWE active, feels like having 2 low percent LS with low or average AR build..
Why not dual gen + combostrike :) .. i mean DR:Foresight alone is already 18% dmg buff + 16% more for dual gen via combostrike = 34% total .. gotta be higher than BoH: Blazing wrath right? Just my 2 cents :) .. with 6% LS and the dmg you have i dont think 40-50 AR make a different.
09/05/2013 09:21 AMPosted by ExTaShie
very nice monk, but I hated EF on a monk.

I'll agree with u when it's 6 months ago. I felt monk should look like one, thus must be equipped with their basic fundamental weapon, that is fist weapons. This was what I believed then(half a yr ago). Now, as I learn more about monk's builds(am still learning) from the gurus. And after countless trials and errors, I'm more open and accept changes. Bottomline, is I learn to appreciate all kinds of monks' builds irregardless. Most importantly, is players themselves are enjoying the types of builds that suit their playstyles best. And I'm convinced that I've crafted a happy monk.. =)

Cheers.
09/05/2013 10:37 AMPosted by FREEDOM

Just done a test run again with BoY(OWE off). Definitely not as fluent and smooth-flowing with OWE on, however sufficient AR to withstand damages tho. Now, once again another test after swapping my 3% LS EF to present 96% CD EF with OWE active, feels like having 2 low percent LS with low or average AR build..

I would not recommend running single LS unless your running Nirvana build. Then that's when you need the extra CD on the off hand echo. Nirvana is very powerful build and single LS with 10-15 bells dropping in 5sec every 12sec is more than enough to keep you going.

I run 2.8% LS, 694 AR, 521k eHP, 43k HP, 240k dps unbuffed no follower and rock mp10. I don't feel squishy at all, but I'm used to the build now.
09/05/2013 10:53 AMPosted by rezide
Why not dual gen + combostrike :) .. i mean DR:Foresight alone is already 18% dmg buff + 16% more for dual gen via combostrike = 34% total .. gotta be higher than BoH: Blazing wrath right? Just my 2 cents :) .. with 6% LS and the dmg you have i dont think 40-50 AR make a different.

It's just my own playstyle. Tested and proven..