Can't wait for Paragon 2.0

Monk
I just realized that the new system means I can easily switch back to the male Monk! 74 transferrable paragon levels...

OK, question for all you guys who follow this stuff on the interwebs: What exactly is happening with Magic Find and Gold Find when paragon 2.0 is introduced I didn't see it listed in the set of stats we can throw points into.
I'm not sure, but I hope it stays as a static bonus. ATM paragon levels give us a lot of boosts 3mf, 3gf, 3MS, 2 vit and 1 offstat. I'm just hoping that with 10 paragon levels you can spec and still get around 30ms 20 vit and some MF with some added bonus stats.

TBH I'll probably max CC before anything else, then maybe go for vit. Who knows! I should have quite a few levels by then, so the sky's the limit.

I might also just load them all into hilarious things to make leveling awesome, like run speed, all resist and vit. Can you imagine if you could be lvl 1(150) with like 200 AR and 200 vit? lol!
What will happen with your paragon levels? Hasn't Blizzard adding ten regular levels, with a cap of 70? Will they simply transfer your XP and recalculate your new level?
09/06/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
What will happen with your paragon levels? Hasn't Blizzard adding ten regular levels, with a cap of 70? Will they simply transfer your XP and recalculate your new level?

No - I believe we'll have to level from 60 to 70 the old-fashioned way, even on PL 100 characters. Once lvl 70 is achieved, XP gain will probably start going towards PL 101 and so on. It would be unfair, of sorts, to gift 10 free levels to anyone with pre-existing character, just because they have already started Paragon, but make the new account noobs go all the way from 1 to 70, before they can start the Paragons.

That's just my take on things, of course. It also appears all classes will get some entirely new skills (and runes to go with them) in the expansion, so it only stands to reason that those will be unlocked through leveling. This will make the process of leveling a new character post X-pac feel more seamless, as skill unlocking won't stop at 60, but will continue all the way, until max level is achieved.
Remember that even with Paragon 2.0, all paragon experience will be on your account. When the XPac hits, you'll have all that XP on your account, not your characters.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's likely that any character over 60 will be able to use paragon points from the acccount, although there may be additional bonuses for levels 61-70 (Paragon point count for more, unlock more uses for points, bigger level-up bonuses like +50 Dex per level after 60, etc) that will make a level 70 on a fresh account better than a level 60 on a high paragon account. (It might just be the access to higher level gear, but I'm guessing there will be a little more to it)
09/06/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Vrkhyz

lol what no?

why would blizzard just go "hey here's a new expansion grats on suddenly being max level!

Anyways, there are several ways to spend the paragon points based off their slides/console.

You can spend it in main stats, resist all, attack speed, crit damage, movement speed, ect ect.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. Let's suppose that Blizzard has a new XP chart after level 60. Instead of using the current p1–p100 numbers, it uses 61–70, followed by the new p1 to ... well, infinity, to hear them tell it.

My p68 Monk has about 3.85B XP, plus whatever XP you need to get up to level 60. So let's say that it's worth p68 in current terms, but it might be only enough total XP in the new system to get all 70 regular levels and, oh, 45 paragon levels.

The question is, in that case, will I be p45 after the expansion? Will they freeze my paragon XP and make me climb from 60 to 70 before I can unlock it? Will they pick another path?

We don't yet know whether they'll be using the same paragon XP chart, do we?
Vrk, I 'm under the impression that paragon 2.0 is being released before the expansion. Meaning that the whole moving the of experience to the account will happen when characters are at level 60. So there will be no such thing as a character with paragon experience when the expansion hits.

Given that, I think it's extremely unlikely that charcters will jump in level. Furthermore, since characters will have the benefit of account wide paragon bonus points at level 60 pre-expansion, I can't see Blizzard making them lose those bonuses when you purchase the expansion.

The speculation of what sorts of things they might do in my post above (#5) is pure conjecture and brainstorming, given those assumptions. Really no one knows what will happen, but I personally doubt that any characters will either:

1. Jump to any level above 60
2. Loose access to their paragon bonuses once you purchase the expansion.

EDIT:
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679139107?page=1#19
Thanks for the link, Demi.