Loot 2.0 next Tuesday ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Reaper of Souls is going to be a free expansion! You heard it here first, folks!

See, it's pretty easy to announce things regardless of their validity.

That being a surprise announcement would generate a MASSIVE amount of Blizzard love...

It would also cause Bobby Kotick to spontaneously combust.
09/11/2013 09:45 AMPosted by tyredude
I'm not trying to stir up anything , just trying to get a confirmation and some source of info here.I was just playing and someone announced loot 2.0 was gonna go live next Tuesday. If anyone knows for sure this is true , could I please get you to link the source? Thank you in advance
Once we have more information pertaining to Loot 2.0, we'll certainly be sharing it with you, but as the itemization updates are still under development, I can assure you they won't be going live next week. As with any big changes, we intend to discuss them well in advance of when they go live.
There will be loot next Tuesday GTA 5 Wohoo !!!
09/11/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Archangel
And by this you mean "We'll make any useful announcements at Blizzcon to generate maximum hype"

Hell I'm all for them hyping this game after they let it die, then rot. Keep in mind this is pretty much the last chance for redemption for d3.
Not until 2014 dudes, don't even THINK ABOUT IT until then.
09/11/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Archangel
Once we have more information pertaining to Loot 2.0, we'll certainly be sharing it with you, but as the itemization updates are still under development, I can assure you they won't be going live next week. As with any big changes, we intend to discuss them well in advance of when they go live.

And by this you mean "We'll make any useful announcements at Blizzcon to generate maximum hype"

that's just good buisness.
We won't see this until probably right before the expansion, so we have a big chunk of time to fill. All the while console gets into enjoy their fantastic loot while we sit like grumpy step children not getting any love...
09/11/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Greatly appreciative of the information you can feed us Vaeflare.

Still, it's hard for us PC players to realize the itemization updates are still under development as they have been pretty well implemented on the Console version...but I digress.

One thing is for sure: The High Heavens General of Patience has been slain.

that's just good buisness.

Just good business to upset you customer base?

Loot 2.0 has been discussed MONTHS before console release, in fact they got the original loot 2.0 (BETA). We get the final version of loot 2.0 for the PC after over a years wait. Two Dev teams, they just can't both work on the same thing at the same time... Last few months has been a big push for Console loot 2.0/Release. Next 6 months is PC loot 2.0

Are you honestly suggesting that a major announcement for a AAA title should announced to the world in response to a random forum thread?

That's quite possibly the worst way to garner renewed interest in your product.
I will state the obvious. Fixing loot on console meant more game $ales, Fixing PC doesn't mean more money. it actually mean less money for Blizzard (less AH). It is all about Return on Investment.

I am actually having fun playing Diablo 3 again on console. I have not played the PC version in months.
Realistically they will always do a PTR before major patches. Given how they are going to lump Loot 2.0 with Paragon 2.0 and some other changes, it's definitely going to be late 2013/early 2014 at best... after Blizzcon as they stated. And before RoS launches (which sounds like a mid 2014 target to me), but seeing how SC2 HotS released a full year after announcement :(

I've already lost steam with this game, and I had just returned after a 6 months break from it. The legendary drops are now pointless, and I've played the same game so many times, even the promise of more paragon levels isn't enticing me any more. Will probably leave and return when there's new content.

Moral of the story: Never, ever be hopeful about Blizzard deadlines. That's why it's best to go do something else, play another game, until Loot 2.0/RoS actually comes to fruition.
yeah dont expect loot 2.0 until 2014 late first quarter 2014
The answer to all these problems is pretty simple. Get rid of this stupid Auction house in the PC version. THAT'S IT !!! only this will make the game 1000000X better then it is right now!| Stop thinking about your freaking wallet and profit start thinking about gameplay and your customers. You guys gotta stop thinking about $$ and how to get more and more profit with some crazy stuff like AH in a game like Diablo!
@elpatron I disagree the AH makes trading easy, and yes it makes the poor poorer and the rich richer, but it allows those of us with innate understanding of trade principles to make tons of money I have spent 0$ at the rmah and look at my gear, i only have like 14k elite kills. Why do i have such good gear? I learned to take advantage of the auction house and use the trade channel to find great deals. A HUGE aspect of diablo 2 was the trade component to the game. the only people who had full runeward sets by the 3rd ladder season (before people started hacking) were good Traders and people who used bots. So I'm sorry; taking the trade component and my ability to manipulate stupid people into buying overpriced things so i can get better gear without the grind is my right and why i will forever only play the PC version of this game. And lastly blizzard your loot 2.0 system is already up and running your just bidding your time to squeeze a few more Pesos out of us before you make the game like it is on console at least as the game stands today.
09/11/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Elpatron
The answer to all these problems is pretty simple. Get rid of this stupid Auction house in the PC version. THAT'S IT !!! only this will make the game 1000000X better then it is right now!| Stop thinking about your freaking wallet and profit start thinking about gameplay and your customers. You guys gotta stop thinking about $$ and how to get more and more profit with some crazy stuff like AH in a game like Diablo!

They aren't ever going to do that. You are kidding yourself if you think they will. And your beef is presumably with the RMAH, not the full AH.. as the regular AH is just a means of easier trading, and provides them no profit.

But even now they only pay lip service to the problems of the RMAH, and "lessening" it's affect.. but they are never removing it. You are deluding yourself if you think it will happen.
09/11/2013 09:55 AMPosted by MasterJay
Console will make us look like total noobs by then - good thing they don't have an AH

Console players dont care about loot 1.5/2.0 or AH, they can dupe and edit items very easily.