ETA on PTR?

General Discussion
Kinda anxious to try things with the imposed changes. :)

Thank you for the response! Ill keep eyes peeled for more info!
Beta for Reaper of Souls will probably happen before any PTR testing of the pre expansion patch. And you're probably looking at mid November at the EARLIEST if I had to guess.

But hey, stranger things have happened :)
We can expect big news at Blizzcon.
I'm hoping we get Loot 2.0 PTR before the holidays.

Given that things move slowly during the holiday period I'd expect the PTR stay online for about 2 months and hopefully the patch will go live in Feb/March 2014.
No ETA yet! While we certainly want to give players the opportunity to test out expansion changes before they go live and provide feedback, we don't have any details to share right now regarding a PTR or Reaper of Souls beta.
09/17/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Lylirra
No ETA yet! While we certainly want to give players the opportunity to test out expansion changes before they go live and provide feedback, we don't have any details to share right now regarding a PTR or Reaper of Souls beta.

And about loot/Paragon 2.0? Since they're both planed to be released prior to RoS wouldn't it be reasonable for the community to get a PTR for testing/making input feedback on those new game systems?
Jesus people need to slow down

Why would they want us to test stuff they are in the middle of testing of, half the runes are missing and crusader ones not implemented entirely

All the stuff we know is not even release notes.
They will be part of the pre RoS system patch, as has been repeatedly stated.

.. which sucks balls. Because that thing is not coming out anytime soon.

how about PTR on loot 2.0 endgame modes?
there is no way Blizzard is going to leak anything during the period of sales of console version

We have been hearing this for how long now? Time to cough it up. So little updates to the game for nearly 6 months.
09/17/2013 09:57 AMPosted by dannyboi

Yes, we want players to be able to provide feedback on those gameplay features those too. :)

But again, no dates or details yet (though Josh said we would love to do something this year, if possible). We still have a lot of internal testing and development to do before opening everything up to a wider audience.

Edit: STUFF
how about november 10th? ;)
I have 3 questions dear Ms. Lylira:

1. Which word would you choose to describe the timeframe for the beta/PTR: very soon, soon, not too soon?

2 and 3. Do the CMs have access to the expansion or are you waiting just like the regular folks? If you do, how fun is it compared to the vanilla version of D3?
09/17/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Zemini

We have been hearing this for how long now? Time to cough it up. So little updates to the game for nearly 6 months.

Blizzard has answered already, cough, cough....."buy the console to feel the new loot.....", cough....
09/17/2013 10:13 AMPosted by TheChemist

Blizzard has answered already, cough, cough....."buy the console to feel the new loot.....", cough....

I don't own a PS3 nor to I plan on buying one. If they decided to release it for the Wii U... well then yes I would probably play it.

Yes, we want players to be able to provide feedback on those gameplay features those too. :)

But again, no dates or details yet (though Josh said we would love to do something this year, if possible). We still have a lot of internal testing and development to do before opening everything up to a wider audience.

Edit: STUFF

My highly cynical attempt at a translation: "We are not giving you anything before Blizzcon, so we can ride the hype a bit longer."

If your games were not so god damn good and addicting, I would have left a long time ago. Your customer communication policy is not the greatest, to be frank. Best example: itemization; the number 1 issue for about everyone who has been playing for a while. Where is part 3 of the "Ask the devs" blog? Part 2 happened more than five months ago, and not a single one of the addressed changes was implemented or even commented on further.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569308133
Give us something, anything, other than "the console may have shinier loot and better drop rates, but that's not loot 2.0, which we can't tell you anything about, yet."

/endrant
Ah... Nevermind. It was already answered :)